• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

Eolz

Damn. As much as I usually like these costumes, I am not happy about DLC going all the way till October. Just tease DoA6 and I'll be happy.

If they announce DOA6 or tease it whether at DOAF, TGS, or that end of year tournament, would make sense to do at least another season pass for the end of the year.

But yeah, it's tiring, they should really stop after this one, even if they won't...

Hubb

The DLC probably won't stop till DOA6 is on shelves.

I hope they are smart enough to realize that would just give DoA6 a bad image. If a month before DoA6 releases they are still doing DLC for 5 they'll get slammed by video game blogs, fans, and everyone in between. Specially if DoA6 launches with 4 costumes for each character.

Once a release date is set they really need to stop the DoA5 DLC train.

Subscribed

Do y'all play on PS4 or PS3?

I was playing online on PSNow... got my ass handed to me by the Alpha chic. I'm decent but these people are good.

I have the free version of the game on PS4... might buy it but I also play it on PSNow.

Eolz

I think that some people can still play on PS3, but at this point, between those two platforms, nearly everyone transitioned to PS4.

Okay so I'll go ahead and buy the game... I already spent money on some characters. I think I'll pick it up second hand and play with y'all.

Naar

I have a question about costumes for DOA 5

I am doing a tournament, but I need to cover up the girls. I looked at the store and saw the high society pack for $20

Would this be the best option to cover up the most skin on the female characters? Or is there another set I can buy that would be better?

Azuardo

I have a question about costumes for DOA 5

I am doing a tournament, but I need to cover up the girls. I looked at the store and saw the high society pack for $20

Would this be the best option to cover up the most skin on the female characters? Or is there another set I can buy that would be better?

Have a look here:

http://teamninja-studio.com/doa5/lastround/uk/dlc.html

I'd say High Society is probably your safest bet. Perhaps the Alluring Mandurin Dress and Summer Festival packs could suffice too.

Naar

Have a look here:

http://teamninja-studio.com/doa5/lastround/uk/dlc.html

I'd say High Society is probably your safest bet. Perhaps the Alluring Mandurin Dress and Summer Festival packs could suffice too.

Yea I looked at all of those before my post. Also a friend told me there is an exhibition mode that if I activate will unlock costumes and I just tried it and holy shit! The costumes pretty much cover up the girls!

Don't have to spend money on dlc costumes :D

Azuardo

Yea I looked at all of those before my post. Also a friend told me there is an exhibition mode that if I activate will unlock costumes and I just tried it and holy shit! The costumes pretty much cover up the girls!

Don't have to spend money on dlc costumes :D

Ah, I knew it would unlock all characters in exhibition mode, but not the costumes. Well, obviously not the DLC ones, but the unlockables at least. Good stuff!

There is also a code you can input on the menu somewhere, where you hold R1, R2, L1 and L2 and you will permanently unlock all in-game costumes, characters and I think music and maybe some other stuff.

Eolz

I'll add you as well.
Btw, some DLC is on sale right now. Really good deal for the Gust+Naotora+Newcomer+Festival+Flower set for 40€/£/etc.

Femto.

I got a 20% discount code from PSN and bought season pass 6.

I really don't want anything from Seasons 4 & 5 (Rachel really got screwed out of those two) outside of Halloween stuff.

Yet I barely play this game as much as I'd like. I am part of the problem.

ShinMaruku

Gaf lobby will be up on monday/tuseday maybe wednesday from 12- 7 pm and on weekend we shall have private gaf lobbies if enough people join.

Pro

Anybody on PC not able to use the Resolution Mod after latest nVidia driver update? Can't use it for custom resolutions above 1920x1080 now. Game hangs on black screen on startup.

Azuardo

Just ordered a refurbed Xbox 360 for £30. Cracked on with ordering DOA 1+2 Ultimate, DOA3, DOA4, DOAX1 and DOAX2. Don't think DOAX1 works on the 360, but sod it. Looking forward to giving these oldies a whirl!

Eolz

Looks like shrine maiden costumes are up next, I'll pass.

Honestly, I'd be happy if I had the season pass, but not happy enough to buy the pack.

Just ordered a refurbed Xbox 360 for £30. Cracked on with ordering DOA 1+2 Ultimate, DOA3, DOA4, DOAX1 and DOAX2. Don't think DOAX1 works on the 360, but sod it. Looking forward to giving these oldies a whirl!

Nice! Got Ultimate on my 360, it still looks glorious. Have fun!

Synth

hopefully DOAX1 works, as its the only one in the series where the Volleyball is actually fun, and supports multiplayer offline

Doesn't work, and it's reliance on the pressure sensitive buttons would make it unplayable on a 360.

But yea, Volleyball sucks in both sequels (especially DOAX2 with its unstable 30fps).

Azuardo

Not sure how much time I'll be putting into it as I've barely got the space as it is for all these systems, but will defo have a look into it. Thanks.

Azuardo

Just a small update on the new DLC. Ayane's is revealed (on top of Marie's, which was shown recently).

C9C2XLvVYAAjMNz.jpg

C9my7jLVoAAzK3O.jpg

Eolz

A bit disappointed that they're doing a "half of the girls will get a normal, half will get a sexy one" tbh, but at least both look nice.
Some hair accessories included too.

Top Bottom