• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blazblue Cross Tag Battle announced (Blazblue X Persona X Undernight Inbirth X RWBY)

Perfect time.
5BDB52787075C5B0615ECCC1FC902FAB847C59A5

You can do it.

This should happen, this SHOULD happen. Why wouldn't it happen? Let this be the crazy ass anime game it deserves to be.

HotHamBoy

MVC2 IS THE BEST MARVEL GAME

BOO ARCSYS RECYCLED SPRITES

Give me a break, guys. Recycling 2D sprites has always been a thing with every 2D series. They are still making new assets for new games like DBZF.

I'm excited for a new MUGEN fighter.

I wonder, though, just how many characters they will actually include. Balance is going to be pretty iffy as it is but there is a point where it becomes unmanageable.

Kusagari

Kind of didn't expect RWBY to be dubbed. Makes me wonder if it'll all be dubbed or not, especially since the last Blazblue wasn't.

Have Blazblue/Persona/UNIEL characters in Japanese regardless of region, have RWBY characters in English regardless of region.

Tonton

Umm is this coming to PC/Steam? Cuz that would be amazing.
Will grab on PS4 at least.

Only thing missing here is Hokuto no Ken :/

I thought this was obvious but then I realized this got Persona characters, fuck Atlus is not gonna let we gonna have it are they

Reszo

Damn so close to have Ky and Sol vs Ragna and Jin. But hype non the less,
And out of all the IPs i wonder why they chose RWBY?

Day 1 just like DBFZ

Kalentan

That is kind of what I'm expecting to happen, but then again with Persona involved, I have to imagine that'd be dubbed too.

Wasn't P4A fully dubbed IIRC? I haven't played it in a while.
That would be really lame considering RWBY has a japanese dub

Considering RWBY is a western property and most are familiar with the English voices that would be weird if they were speaking Japanese in the ENG version.

Strimei

Wasn't P4A fully dubbed IIRC? I haven't played it in a while.

Yeah it was, that's what I meant, that since the Persona arena games were dubbed, and I can see Atlus insisting their characters be dubbed, I can see them being dubbed too.

RWBY has a Japanese dub.

I'm aware. Yet they went with english for the reveal whereas everyone else in it is japanese. Hence my surprise.

MrCarter

Hopefully people will actually buy and play BlazBlue in the west now. All those series (maybe apart from Persona) are very niche so this cross over should give it a boost.

I hope so. Might as well use them all before the inevitable BB transition to GG's artstyle. Just go crazy. I hope it's 50 characters and horribly balanced. The kusoge's kusoge. Nice little farewell to the 360/PS3 generation of anime.

I was too hype to actually pay attention to the gameplay. Was there assists, or is it going to be the CvS2 to DBFZ's Marvel?

50 seems pointless honestly

if this isn't all the characters then what's the fucking point

36 from bb, 21 from p4a, 18? from uniel, ??? from the last thing

no reason not to just dump all the sprites and call it a day

Anbec7

I certainly hope so but given the trailer it could really go either way so until we see the core 4 I'm going to be really nervous about their inclusion.

Even with the Tag thing on the show is usually Ruby - Weiss / Yang - Blake so I think they should be there.

Since everything is being recycled witht the only exception being the RWBY chars I hope we get a big roster.

Nimby

Banned
Won't be Persona 5 characters if I had to guess. But I have no idea what RWBY is, was that a reused sprite?

Top Bottom