• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blazblue Cross Tag Battle announced (Blazblue X Persona X Undernight Inbirth X RWBY)

Have you played UNIEL? It really seems like you've just seen a video of Grim Reaper and are judging everything off of that.

The characters are not ridiculously overpowered, not any more so than the average Arcsys game. Hell, they'll probably need those massive attacks in order to keep up if they keep their very limited air mobility options compared to the Arcsys characters.

Have you seen high level play of Merkava, Waldstein, Yuzuriha, Hilda, or Carmine? Even a character designed around mobility like Seth (who also has near full screen special attacks) is barely able to out manuver their options a majority of the time. Air mobility wouldn't even be a big deal because of the unblockable ground to air moves. Uniel was intentionally designed to give characters a stronger ground game compared to air game in order to make jumping in a risk akin to early street fighter.

I may not be extensively familiar with every single Arksys character but I have seen tournament footage and played all three franchises. Under night characters come off as the strongest to me; but hey, if they stay mostly unchanged in cross tag then I guess we'll see for sure next year.

cj_iwakura

Speaking of dubs, they could have gotten back a lot of good will if the trailer had used Patrick Seitz and Johnny Yong Bosch. :(

Rutger

Banned
Have you seen high level play of Merkava, Waldstein, Yuzuriha, Hilda, or Carmine? Even a character designed around mobility like Seth (who also has near full screen special attacks) is barely able to out manuver their options a majority of the time. Air mobility wouldn't even be a big deal because of the unblockable ground to air moves. Uniel was intentionally designed to give characters a stronger ground game compared to air game in order to make jumping in a risk akin to early street fighter.

I may not be extensively familiar with every single Arksys character but I have seen tournament footage and played all three franchises. Under night characters come off as the strongest to me; but hey, if they stay mostly unchanged in cross tag then I guess we'll see for sure next year.

Yes, I've played the game and I've seen many videos, I know what the characters can do and I'm telling you it's not so bad.

For some context within just UNI, in the latest arcade version Akatsuki, who's toolset is closer to a SF character, has been one of the stronger characters in that version.

We don't know what the system mechanics and move properties will be like in this game, but I really doubt the characters will be unchanged so there's really no telling who will end up stronger.

I hope Arc pulls from Ultimax for characters; I want some P3 Yukari & Mitsuru team-up action.
yukari-persona4arena-ultimax-stance-animation.gif

mitsuru-walk-animation.gif

Pejo

They certainly could. Other than the RWBY character everyone in the trailer were reused assets.

The real question is, do they want to have a game with so many characters? So many characters could bring its own issues such as balancing or even making sure they all work properly on time. Also, Atlus and French Bread likely have a say in who from Persona/UNIEL(respectively) makes it in.

I dunno, I get the need for having a competitive scene, but I kinda wish we'd get a fighting game that doesn't worry so much about balance and just gives us a ton of characters and options. I felt MvC2 was like that. Not so balanced, but a lot of fun. I'm really hopeful that this might be that same type of fix.

Zyrox

I hope Arc pulls from Ultimax for characters; I want some P3 Yukari & Mitsuru team-up action.

Yeah I hope so too. It is a little odd that the other franchises are represented with logos of their latest iteration while Persona has the regular P4A logo instead of Ultimax. Hopefully this means nothing.

Just add:

Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax
Melty Blood
SkullGirls
Nitroplus Blasterz: Heroines Infinite Duel
Blade Strangers

And we got the perfect animu fighting game.

IIRC most ArcSys fighters have like 20 characters right?

Most first sequels have 20 characters, BB is getting close to 40 with Jubei added to the roster, next GG should have over 30 characters easily, UNIEL is getting close to 20 without a real sequel, Persona 4 Arena, 21, but then you have to remember the playable list of characters is almost doubled when you add Shadow characters

Top Bottom