• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

One thing I've noticed while starting from scratch on an alt account is that newcomers get royally screwed. It was fine at launch because everyone started at 0, but man, people who are joining in late are at such a disadvantage.

Presets with weapon mods should have been there a while ago. Setups you cant change, but are there to help get the hang of things. Similar to, um, CoD lol

Something like:

Cloak or Stim
201 with Gunrunner (to ease them in shooting while on the move) and Gun Ready
Thunderbolt with Quick Swap and Extra Ammo

Give people a small nudge while keeping the more desired mods behind unlocks. Teach newbies the ways without holding their hand and playing the game for them *cough* aim assist and TTK *cough*

Same as canceling a laser blast on Ion which is LULZ worthy. I'm still pissed that melee is busted.

Ion's Laser Shot can be cancelled with the Vortex Shield? I've been using melee lol

I got a match on Attrition Glitch just now, finally.

Also my Tone's Salvo Core glitched that same match, did the windup animation, but no rockets came out, no damage, and I couldn't do anything at all for the duration of the core.

VeeP

Respawn. We need to fucking talk. About a real god damn issue I'm so tired of.

Everyday. Every. God. Damn. Day. Everyday Marv ask's me for a high five or a thumbs up, and I can't give it to me. I try to press F to pay respects, I try to waggle the analog sticks, I try everything but nothing happens.

Why? Why can't I just give Marv a high five? :'(

FRONTIER NEWS NETWORK 05.23.2017 – MONARCH REIGNS

Banner.jpg

NEW TITAN: MONARCH
Monarch is a mid-range Vanguard-class Titan that can upgrade itself on the battlefield through her unique Upgrade Core. Pilots select a path of upgrades and try to survive long enough to reach her final form.
media-20170522.jpg

image-2.jpg

NEW PRIME TITANS - RONIN AND TONE
image-3.jpg

image-4.jpg

NEW MAP: RELIC
Set among the old wreck of the IMC carrier IMS Odyssey, Relic is a worksite where Pilots have created clever wall running routes by hanging pieces of the wreckage between buildings. The map consists of the wreck of the Odyssey in the center of the map that splits the two town areas.
Created with frontlines in mind, the gameplay is all about assaulting and controlling the center and engaging in firefights from the great viewpoints of the ship against the varied defensible positions in the Town.

MAP UPDATE: CRASHSITE
We worked on a collision pass for Crashsite, fixing around 100 instances of getting bumped, bonked, stuck or tripped up. During the clean-up, we also wanted to experiment with more mobility options. To that end we’ve added 8 ziplines to get around the map faster and a few more wallrunning locations.
Nessie approved these changes.

NEW EXECUTION:

Now You See Me [Cloak]
– I’d explain this one but let’s wait for the trailer to really show this off.

Arrrammis

Nice update! Looking forward to what kind of changes we see on crash site (hopefully some spawn zone changes as well). Also, that gauntlet run is insane. I barely beat the record for the trophy, and this guy does the run in 20.7 seconds while facing backwards!

New Crashsite sounds interesting a worth a shot, curious where the ziplines are at and how they'll change up the flow.

Also wonder how deep the upgrade tree will be for Monarch - 2 tiers maybe?

You know how they could improve Crash Site and Complex? By removing them. Also, the trailer was planned for today but pushed back to Thursday...

Monarch will be available outside of Frontier Defense... hello new best titan?

Edit: Where's the talk of balance and melee changes though?

Ha!

Arrrammis

I really don't get the hate for complex. Plenty of high, smooth walls for running, lots of passages for pilots where Titans can't chase, plenty of open lanes to fight in... What's with the hate?

JaMarco

I really don't get the hate for complex. Plenty of high, smooth walls for running, lots of passages for pilots where Titans can't chase, plenty of open lanes to fight in... What's with the hate?
I think it's just the cool thing to do at this point.

Prime Ronin looks sexy, definitely gonna get that.

I reinstalled Black Ops 3 on my PC for the Zombies but decided to try out the multiplayer just for fun... that was a mistake.

For a game that apparently has 8,000 or so players online, I couldn't find anybody other than the same 10 people in TDM for hours on end. And the movement feels so limiting in comparison to Titanfall that it feels like Treyarch intentionally designed it so players would be discouraged to use the "double jumps" and wall runs to enforce a "boots on the ground experience" after the backlash exo suits got in Advanced Warfare. Black Ops 2 should not feel more fluid and faster paced than a game with things like jet boosters and wall runs.

Didn't play Titanfall 2 in a while until today so it felt so comfortable to find an Attrition match in less than a minute and not be limited in how I move... even if I still get kicked in the face from a pilot 15 feet away

Edit: Then I get the Phase Shifters saying I'm bad for killing them with the SMR, good for you

Reading the FNN

Despite the IMC and Vinson Dynamics’ efforts to maintain secrecy, several shipments of early Monarch production variants invariably leaked onto the black market, allowing mercenary Pilots and independent manufacturers across the Frontier to discover her true potential.

tumblr_inline_oo2vgviKYo1qb9x1g_500.gif

ron_bato

Played the single player last December, but only now getting into multiplayer.

Anybody from Asia GAF playing? Add me on PSN: ron_bato

Respawn,
Serious question

Do you all play the game? Not just internally, but at home. Against the community. Tonight is one of those nights where everyone has decided to become a complete shitter. Leaning on the most garbage loadouts possible because why wouldn't they?

I feel like this is a DICE situation where the studio plays by "gentlemens rules" Not using trash loadouts because well they're low effort trash.

ty_hot

I just finished TF2 sp campaign. I played COD IW before and really enjoyed it, but I think TF2 is slightly better.

COD has better (more intense) shootings and graphics in general but those airplane (?) battles were boring as fuck. On the other hand, Titan battles are great in TF, gunplay is still great and the wallrun is an actual mechanic in the game that just feels natural after one hour playing. I really liked the part where you
keep going to the past and going back to the present
as well. Very entertaining campaign.

Probably wont play it multiplayer because I dont play enough to have a decent performance, so I'd rather play one of the many other single player games I have on my backlog. Thinking about starting Infamous or Until Dawn, or just going back to MGS5 (played 10 hours or so, stopped to beat horizon and then TF2).

I just finished TF2 sp campaign. I played COD IW before and really enjoyed it, but I think TF2 is slightly better.

COD has better (more intense) shootings and graphics in general but those airplane (?) battles were boring as fuck. On the other hand, Titan battles are great in TF, gunplay is still great and the wallrun is an actual mechanic in the game that just feels natural after one hour playing. I really liked the part where you
keep going to the past and going back to the present
as well. Very entertaining campaign.

Probably wont play it multiplayer because I dont play enough to have a decent performance, so I'd rather play one of the many other single player games I have on my backlog. Thinking about starting Infamous or Until Dawn, or just going back to MGS5 (played 10 hours or so, stopped to beat horizon and then TF2).
Big mistake.

Respawn,
Serious question

Do you all play the game? Not just internally, but at home. Against the community. Tonight is one of those nights where everyone has decided to become a complete shitter. Leaning on the most garbage loadouts possible because why wouldn't they?

I feel like this is a DICE situation where the studio plays by "gentlemens rules" Not using trash loadouts because well they're low effort trash.
I see a few employees on regularly. Though they are very Titan focused.

That TF1 music. :')

Top Bottom