• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

boinx

I'm really hoping this multiplayer last for a long while. I'm already itching for more maps and items, I'm just eating this up.

Don't worry it will. I went back to UC2 & 3 mp last year and people were still playing.

This one is going to have a long life ahead especially when it's a big step up from the previous games and ND seems to have great plan for post launch support.

ZeroX03

Banned
I'm pleased I started with 7000 relics from the mobile app. Got a bunch of vanity items including Chloe and some Sidekick modifiers I like.

Hero Winter Brute has a bear on his soldier, looks very snazzy.

hamchan

I'm pleased I started with 7000 relics from the mobile app. Got a bunch of vanity items including Chloe and some Sidekick modifiers I like.

7000!

Guess I better play that mobile game.

Man these maps are gorgeous. All of them are better than the beta ones

Love the weather in them. Seriously, no other MP game has weather like this.

Rated-G

You should be able to use them on the uncharted store in the menu after redeeming them.

I've used the code from the Libertalia edition, plus a preorder code from Best Buy, and one from Amazon, each of which is supposed to grant 300 points, and when I go into multiplayer I still have none.

Are the codes actually granting relic points, and not the gold Uncharted ones that were advertised?

sTiTcH AU

Played a match before starting the story last night and was pleasantly surprised by the MP. Will probably put a few hours into it as a time waster but could never see myself playing it much more then that.

I have played a fair bit of the mobile game but I can't sign in on it for some reason it is greyed out, would love to get all the stuff i have unlocked to carry over somehow.

How did you sign in? It's grayed out in the Android version. Just says coming may 10..

ZeroX03

Banned
Just unlocked Flynn! Just Talbot left, which is unfortunate because he's probably my favorite villain. Using Formal Nadine currently.

How did you sign in? It's grayed out in the Android version. Just says coming may 10..

Seems to be broken on Android but it works on iOS.

oh really? and theres others here saying that adding any more to that loadout would make it OP lol its stupid that pre-sets would be better then a starting a custom loadout. Just forces players to use them instead of creating their own. From what I've just seen it will take a long time just to unlock 1 LP...let alone 4 which the pre-set has more of.

It's almost 3 am here so I'm too tired to answer you and everyone else properly but for now I'll say take away your Para and use the free Aegis and then you'll have enough for a Mystical. The handguns in this game are bad so I wouldn't waste points on them. Also, as soon as you can, create your own Custom Loadout as the Pre-set ones are really bad. They look good because they have more value than your 19 LP but that will change very qiuickly.

As for getting more LP's, each category (Long Gun, Pistol, Mystical, Gear, Sidekick, Heavy Weapon, Booster) has criteria that once met grant the LP. You can see it if you go into the categories at the bottom. Basically it's like this:

- Long Gun: 300 Downs
- Pistol: 200 Downs
- Mystical: Use 75 times
- Gear: Use 100 times
- Sidekick: Spawn 75 times
- Heavy Weapon: 200 Downs
- Booster; Total lifetime score 110,000

The numbers might be off a tad but it's close. After playing for two nights I've unlocked 4 of the 7 LP's, and my total lifetime score is almost 100k so I'll get that one tomorrow. Basically what I'm trying to say is it doesn't take any time at all to unlock the points--it will come very quickly.

I've used the code from the Libertalia edition, plus a preorder code from Best Buy, and one from Amazon, each of which is supposed to grant 300 points, and when I go into multiplayer I still have none.

Are the codes actually granting relic points, and not the gold Uncharted ones that were advertised?

The points are glitchy. I had the same problem and my solution was to wait a few hours and the sever picked it up. My costumes and skins didn't have any issues. However, I was told that you can only redeem the Uncharted Points once so you will only get 300, not 900. Because of this I'm selling my other codes lol, but if you actually do get 900 let me know and I'll keep it.

Rated-G

The points are glitchy. I had the same problem and my solution was to wait a few hours and the sever picked it up. My costumes and skins didn't have any issues. However, I was told that you can only redeem the Uncharted Points once so you will only get 300, not 900. Because of this I'm selling my other codes lol, but if you actually do get 900 let me know and I'll keep it.

I'm expecting only the 300, but if I do get all 900 that would be pretty badass. I guess I'll just come back in the morning and see if the points are there. Thanks for the info!

For anyone interested in watching, I had a pretty decent match playing Command and had a score of 4000 for the team. Got up to Rank 3 as a Captain as well.

1080p/60fps but it may still be processing:

https://youtu.be/MBaAlhN2iBQ

I'm really liking the MP so far, Command is definitely my favorite mode. AK-47 is a solid choice, but I would like to try out the other weapons. Hit detection seems responsive to me and I had no issues with lag.

thenexus6

I am playing with the sony golds and when any Brutes are spawned in their audio is a little crackly when they are shouting out their one liners.

Bishop89

Is anyone really big on this MP? Not sure why but my hype died for it.

its very good, maybe not as good as u2, but still very good.

Its extremely polished, fun, and due to the popularity of the IP, will be very populated.

Cant ask more for MP

24hr

Is there anyway to see your overall stats for MP? Or a way to check what ranking league you're in etc

nib95

Banned
Follow a guide, make short work of it.

Just checked and after all my vanity haul I've unlocked every character except Talbot and Flynn. Rocking Tuxedo Sully with nice glasses currently.

Can you link me to the guide? And is it available on Android?

f@luS

More than a member.
Multi is very good. Didn't think I would enjoy it that much. Best solo and mp. What a game

Murdoch

The multiplayer is actually keeping me away from the single player element of the game. Bravo! Superbly executed and unique little shooter.

AKyemeni

I FUCKING LOVE RAMESES!

He was always my favorite character since I can identify with him a bit.

الحس طيزي

The multiplayer is actually keeping me away from the single player element of the game. Bravo! Superbly executed and unique little shooter.

This is what i'm afraid of. I absolutely loved my time with the Beta and I'm scared ill either take forever to finish the SP or the MP will spoil it for me with the 60fps i'm now used to.

aravuus

No way to adjust ADS aiming sensitivity only? It's a bit too high for me, but turning sensitivity down seems to affect normal aiming too. Super annoying.

Roussow

Grinding out those trials to get as many cosmetics as I can (via the 150 point loot boxes), fortunately I got lucky and got a bunch of Chloe, Elena, and Nadine skins, and unlocked 80% of the optional characters (I'm a little disappointed there's no Golden Abyss characters here, multiplayer would be the place for them).

So how exactly do you earn the unlocks in the mp? Like the customization stuff. I noticed the store had 2 currencies. Can you use both? It's not surprising after uncharted 3 but in a bit disappointed and annoyed by the micro transactions.

Is everyone playing on aim-assist set to 10?
I am. Honestly it's not that strong, it's not like a CoD snap to target thing.
I figured most people would have it on so why give myself a disadvantage?
Wish there was a no aim assist playlist though, like Max Payne 3.

Somebody tell me why they didn't include Free For All? All they had to do was take out the DBNO mechanic. It was my favorite mode in U3, why?? Just why??

Enelby

Neo Member
So I played the beta a few weeks prior but last night is the first time I've had a proper go at this. I've never really been huge on Uncharted MP, but right of the bat I can't see me getting into this anywhere near as much as Last Of Us MP.

I prefer playing the medic/support in these types of games usually and crafting and bandaging folk in that game seemed way more intense and satisfying than throwing out a magical puff bomb that revives everyone insta. I'm all for arcadey MP but this may be a bit too much.

I am. Honestly it's not that strong, it's not like a CoD snap to target thing.
I figured most people would have it on so why give myself a disadvantage?
Wish there was a no aim assist playlist though, like Max Payne 3.

So you're telling me while I've been manually aiming like an idiot, people have been using aim assist this whole time? Suddenly all those close range gun takedowns in frantic situations make sense.

JTripper

I was never into Uncarted multiplayer but TLoU hooked me enough to plat it. I haven't tried U4 mp but I hope it hooks me.

Can someone please explain how weapons in MP are unlocked? Can you buy them with the in game currency to unlock them?

Almost all gameplay unlocks work in a similar fashoin.

You use the weapon type, Main weapon or sidearm, mysticals in general, sidekicks in general and gear in general.

The more you use it, the more new stuff it unlocks.

The more you use a specific type of weapon or gear or mystical, the more modifications you unlock for that particular weapon/gear/mystical.

Basically, the more you use it, the more unlocks you get.

So you're telling me while I've been manually aiming like an idiot, people have been using aim assist this whole time? Suddenly all those close range gun takedowns in frantic situations make sense.
I'm 99% sure that the matchmaking doesn't take aim assist into account, so yeah.. you've been putting yourself at a disadvantage. Like I said it's not overly strong (even at 10) so I guess that's why ND deemed it okay to mix players like that.

Zemm

no FFA or mercenary playlists are going to kill this for me like it killed TLoU. Playing against teams of people as a random group is not and never will be fun.

no FFA or mercenary playlists are going to kill this for me like it killed TLoU. Playing against teams of people as a random group is not and never will be fun.

I can't and never will understand the lack of free for all modes in modern multiplayer games. And don't give me that shit with "team-focused" multiplayer. Uuuuu, look at us, we're so team-focused, communication is everything, coordination is crucial!!
Fuck, what about all those lone wolves out there?

I'm loving this MP to death. My only complaint is the nerf to grenades from the beta. I didn't think they where overly powerful or anything before. Now it seems the splash radius has been greatly reduced and a direct hit doesn't even cause a KO. I used to build my loadout around grenades and now with all the gear time extended boosters gone it is not effective as it should be.

Top Bottom