• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

Kain

I was weak and pulled >_>

Of course 1/11 on both pulls, Minfilia's and Lion's BSB. Nice additions to the roster, nothing exceptional (Lion's will go well with Vaan's for maximum mitigation I thing)

Rewards are whatever, 1 Major Orb in this day and age is kind of lol, but I guess it's something. Some accessory called White Musk too.

Same here, got my White Musk this morning. Seems pretty outdated as an accessory but whatever. :)

Of course 1/11 on both pulls, Minfilia's and Lion's BSB. Nice additions to the roster, nothing exceptional (Lion's will go well with Vaan's for maximum mitigation I thing)

Those are both pretty damn good BSBs though. If you're going to 1/11, that's the way to do it.

I'm already thinking ahead to Cloud USB (assuming I don't spend all my remaining mythril and gems on FF8 tonight). How often does it recur? I already have Cloud's BSB2 and Zack's BSB so if there's a later banner with less dupe chance I might wait on it.

friz898

apparently there's different "tiers" of MVP players? I'm apparently the lowest tier, lol. Which is honestly a bit surprising to me >.> Can't imagine how much some people have spent.

Rewards are whatever, 1 Major Orb in this day and age is kind of lol, but I guess it's something. Some accessory called White Musk too.

I read that as whale tusk.

Not even joking.

The lucky draws were fine:

Clerity - Vaan BSB (brilliant but sadly a dupe)

Support - Edward BSB (pretty interesting, imperil holy, attack boost, dual stat break commands for stacking), Faris SSB (the imperil wind one but I have Zidaine for that)

I should think about doing the rest of this FFIV event later today. Not sure I'll bother with the Cid mission though I do have Edward, Cecil and Golbez BSB...a good haul for only ever pulling on an FFIV banner once (way back when when Golbez was first introduced).

MrDaravon

A friend last night convinced me to snap out of my slump of not doing any of the Raids/final event battles (which I've mentioned on here) which was really great actually and has really re-motivated me. I finally beat and Mastered the last two Nightmare dungeons so those are all done which is a relief to be over with. Then went and did the last FFXI event battle that I never did and one-shotted it easily. Was completely dreading the Mandragora fight but with some looking on reddit, advice from my friend and an hour or two of messing with teams and S/L'ing I managed to Master it on all difficulties solo. Managing to do the 240 version really has me more optimistic about being able to do any content as long as I'm willing to stick with it a bit. For that my fight my team was (IIRC):

Tyro with Dispel/Multi-Break and SG SB
Maria with Sleep/Firaga and her BSB
Ashe with Blind/Bahamut and her BSB
Papalymo with Stop/Curaja and Ley Lines
Relm with Protectga/Ultra Cure and her BSB
Raines BSB RW

It took a handful of tries but I finally managed to get all of my buffs up with no deaths (I had MM/Mog on Tyro and Papa so getting Protectga and heals going before people died was rough) and managed to get sleep on the one Mandragora which bought me enough time to also get Blind and Stop on the other two vunerable to those, then I went to town with Raines RW. Getting Ley Lines on the last FF14 banner has really been a huge unexpected boon; I had other Faithgas but they were weak/old/off the wall ones like Kefka or Vincent, getting a good one that also is a Hastega has really opened up some rad options for full mage teams. I've got OK's BSB but Papa gives me some slightly different options. Also having him as a backup healer which fantastic to supplement any Relm downtime or dealing with status effects.

So now I'm working on Orthos, I managed to do the 160 version pretty easy first try (which isn't hard) with Lightning's BSB getting an extremely rare use lol. I plan on hopefully getting Orthos done tonight along with the FF4 Raids which will also give me enough Mythril to do a pull on the Celerity LD. Things are looking up!

I'm gonna have to actually look into what the fuck all of the LM/Magicite dungeon stuff is now aren't I

MrDaravon

Got Orthos 240 done first try solo, just barely got Master (damage medals, was never in really in danger of dying but it just took forever to get his health down)! Then on my 2nd try in online MP for Cagnazzo 220 (I didn't like my relic options for it solo) I got the most badass Raid group I've ever been part of (Celes IB, Kain BSB, Shantotto BSB, people using the right abilities at the correct time etc) and completely tore his ass apart. GOOD TIMES

Then on my 2nd try in online MP for Cagnazzo 220 (I didn't like my relic options for it solo) I got the most badass Raid group I've ever been part of (Celes IB, Kain BSB, Shantotto BSB, people using the right abilities at the correct time etc) and completely tore his ass apart. GOOD TIMES

Half of my problem with Ultros 240 was just not being kicked in the first place for bringing Exdeth. Some raid leaders don't like seeing anything except the same obvious characters. Finally got into a group, and guess what, Exdeth never got hit and was firing off Meltdowns nonstop. Whoops.

Couple more 100 gems with 3 stars useless shit and I am done with them. I was always under what statistics should have given me and this current bad streak is just too much.

friz898

After a Cuthbert streak of probably 8-12 nothings on 100gem pulls, I got Raijins armor SSB tonight.

Looks good, has last stand and some other stuff. Not an A-Team game changer but very much welcomed as a 5* new addition.

After a Cuthbert streak of probably 8-12 nothings on 100gem pulls, I got Raijins armor SSB tonight.

Looks good, has last stand and some other stuff. Not an A-Team game changer but very much welcomed as a 5* new addition.

Yea it's a very nice piece, grats! My bad streak must be around 15 right now which is, while annoying, nothing considering it took me 45 100 gems or so to get my first one after they were introduced...

ZangBa

I needed FFVIII gear badly, so I did an 11 pull. I got 2 Irvine BSB, Edea SSB, Quistis SSB and a dupe Zell SSB. Totally worth it! Now I'm saving for the next FFVII event since it's my worst realm besides FFII.

MrDaravon

Finally got enough mythril to pull on the Celerity LD, I got dupe Lightning BSB (Enkindler) and Thancred's BSB which is new. The Enkindler+ will be my best stat stick in 13, and I already have Thancred at 99 with a Unique and SSB relic for him, and I also have multiple other imperil fire/enFire relics/heroes I can put together as-is so that's actually a pretty solid relic for me. Not awesome but I'm okay with those 2 for 25 mythril.

2/11 Selphie USB, Edea SSB.

I feel like I should be more excited getting a USB and all, but I dunno. Hard to give up command medica from good healer BSB and the game keeps piling Selphie relics on me. Got Dreamstage and her BSB already.

Got up to 25 Mythril. Did a pull on Celerity.

Got Lightning and Tidus OSB and Orlandeau burst. Huzzah!!!! I think I have more OSB than BSB at this point.

Have OSB
Terra
Cloud
Squall
Quistis
Beatrix
Tidus
Lightning

Got my most desired item (Irvine BSB) in one 11-pull! Edea SSB is whatever but an imperil is always good, and the Selphie USB is a great bonus. Way back when, her unique SB was my first medica relic. She was a staple of my party for a while back when a medica was a big deal.

AtKjVWt.jpg

WarAdept

Squall BSB2 looks pretty good.

That's putting it lightly. Shit is broken.

Command 2 Multiplier/Hits (+Crit Chance Per Hit):

0 Junction - 2.16/4
1 Junction - 4.45/5 (+5%)
2 Junction - 6.3/6(+10%)
3 Junction - 8.75/7(+25%)

Command 1 is .80/2. Assuming 5 actions in Burst Mode:

C1x0 + C2x5: 10.82/20
C1x1 + C2x4: 18.60/22
C1x2 + C2x3: 20.50/22
C1x3 + C2x2: 19.90/20

Anustart

1 pull, got Selphie USB and Squall BSB. Pretty good I suppose, I didn't have a good medica for 8 before, and Squall BSB looks pretty good.

Oiy. Is there a banner you don't get the top 2 items?

It's always "meh, got every game breaking item on the banner but didn't get the unique sb with em, could have been better."

1 pull, got Selphie USB and Squall BSB. Pretty good I suppose, I didn't have a good medica for 8 before, and Squall BSB looks pretty good.

Your 1 pull are always pretty good recently! If you were someone else I'd think you are just a P2P ashamed person trying to hide the fact that you had to do 3-4 paid pulls per banners to get the relics you write in your one pull. ;)

GAAAAAAAH!

I had exactly ONE dupe on this banner, so what happens... 1/11, dupe Zell's Combat King SSB. I rage pulled a second time, sacrificing a potential BM/WM LD... ANOTHER COMBAT KING/11. OTL

Even did a 100 gem pull, for the first time this year. 3* trash.

Your 1 pull are always pretty good recently! If you were someone else I'd think you are just a P2P ashamed person trying to hide the fact that you had to do 3-4 paid pulls per banners to get the relics you write in your one pull. ;)

I think the only reason my pulls look good is because I pull every banner, and I only talk about the good stuff :)

In the past I made up for the tons of garbage pulls by just pulling forever until I got what I wanted. I thought about how much I've spent in total and yea it's a little embarrassing, lol.

But yea, the past 2-3 pulls I guess I've been lucky and have been getting good stuff on my first pull. Thank god, because I'm really trying to cut back.

Anustart

GAAAAAAAH!

I had exactly ONE dupe on this banner, so what happens... 1/11, dupe Zell's Combat King SSB. I rage pulled a second time, sacrificing a potential BM/WM LD... ANOTHER COMBAT KING/11. OTL

Even did a 100 gem pull, for the first time this year. 3* trash.

1 more and you'll have the good stuff.

Wazzy

Banned
Probably my most unlucky VIII draw I've ever done however! I did manage to finally pull Squalls BSB so I'm incredibly happy that I pulled what I wanted. I used all of my mythril and did a paid pull to get that. I DO want Selphies USB but at this point the draws were not very good and the only two items on the banner I don't have is her USB and Irvines new gun while second banner has Rinoa's outfit plus Laguna gun. I'll just stockpile another 50 mythril and decide which banner to spend it on when both are released.

Kain

FIRST TIME EVER I GET WHAT I WANTED

AND ON THE FIRST TRY

RNGESUS LOVES ME

iSAKoAg.jpg

So this is what it feels uh? It's been two years but at last I got a pull where I got my desired item (Squall's BSB).

scy

Haven't posted in awhile but the last ~6 pulls have been 1/11 junk. Leon SSB (Combat), Garnet SSB (Summoner), Locke BSB (Celerity, the one good pull so far!), Edea SSB (VIII-1) for the last week or so in a series of ":(:( :(" pulls. Just going to save for 2-3 pulls at native Cloud USB for wind shenanigans and then Extreme Fest. I'll go after Squall BSB2 in August.

Oh well, I'll settle for Imperil Fire to go alongside Refia BSB for my physical team; 2nd Anniversary kept giving me multiples so these last few banners have been pretty sad to see.

Wazzy

Banned
Just did the survey. It's basically asking favourite game, three favourite male characters and three favourite female. I chose Final Fantasy VIII for game. Squall, Seifer and Cloud for male characters and then Rinoa, Edea and Aeris for female(I don't really like Aeris that much but other characters are going to get a huge amount of votes) so we'll see if this survey is for the game itself or if it's just a check in on favourites.

What is the best approach to Baigan CM? Mage party? I have only Edward MAG UP/Haste SB and Golbez BSB as notable SBs for this realm. Will bring shared Medica on a WHM and a BLM who has no SB I guess. Resist silence accessories and Wall RW?

Balphon

What is the best approach to Baigan CM? Mage party? I have only Edward MAG UP/Haste SB and Golbez BSB as notable SBs for this realm. Will bring shared Medica on a WHM and a BLM who has no SB I guess. Resist silence accessories and Wall RW?

You'd be better off killing the arm that silences (his right) first.

You can kill the other arm just before Baigan or just let it blow up if you still have everyone alive or don't care about medals.

How I beat IV CM

Ignored the score requirements. Just beat it. Take the right arm first, one on left on screen. Equip Blind and Silence resist.

Rosa mblink, ultra cure and shell.
Kain burst
Rydia shiva and double ice when reflect off or take out an arm when on.
Cecil, regular heal, and protect I think
Edge, haste, pblink, last stand

You only want to take out 1 arm...or two if necessary towards the end. If u have haste...u dont need to dispel Baigans. Bring RW wall if u dont have a breaker.

Azura + Leviathan is hard, goddamn. Motherfuckers crit everytime for 3k and that freaking tsunami is a nightmare.

How I mastered this duo. Followed a GAFfers advice and didnt bring protectga

Rosa 99, Curaga 12, Shell 8 mblink
Kain 99, Burst, 2 uses AoE crit double hit jump, LD
Snow 99, banishing strike, draw fire, non-elem bsb
Cait Sith 80...need a combo of magic and MB...at least 6 uses each...including Microphone to make MultiBreak less ability uses.
OK 99, BSB slowga, secondary heals.

RW wall.

Snows BSB provides last stand on entry. He takes more hits with draw fire building gauge. Needed because walls will run out. Rosa shells and reapplies when debuffed. OK steps in to cure when she does. Snow brings banishing to keep Levi unhasted. Snow also reapplies draw fire...tempting to keep pounding with burst but reapply when it drops. Kain mainly uses crit AoE jump. Wacking Levi with Lightning burst commands for quick action and recharge.

When Asura gets down to 5-10 percent or so...Kain will take him down with burst entry. Levi should be about 30 percent using this setup. Start focusing on Levi with Snow.

OK gets off a cast now and then but is keeping slow up and healing like crazy with Rosa down stretch. Snow is spamming BSB down stretch. Kain obviously moves to LD on Leviathan.

Victory!

Top Bottom