• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2017 - Praeying for Dino Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plesiades

Oh wow. Not heard of this at all.

Really like what Blomkamp has done, so it is very interesting to see where this goes. Also got to wonder if the partnership will extend​ to Valve properties, as they are getting into that game. I'd say Portal's director is set, but HL could do well with Blomkamp

You're right... Blomkamp would be a great pick for Half-Life.

As for Portal, I think that Phil Lord and Chris Miller could make that work.

The new Divinity: Original Sin 2 tutorial is good and a lot of fun. I'm curious, though, how people feel about the "second person", indirect dialogue or whatever it's actually called. I personally love it because of the role-playing implications but I'm curious how most people will take not being able to have you character have a very specific voice.

I think the second person dialog is great... to be honest I'm surprised no one has tried it before DOS2. (IIRC Torment was going to use it, but went standard after negative feedback or something. I'm not gonna count it.) It just seems totally revolutionary to me, in terms of roleplaying characters.

And man, Larian seems to have a team of really talented writers this time around. Even their Kickstarter updates are fantastically written, with a little vignette at the top. I'm really looking forward to DOS2's full story.
I think it's like 1250 years. But yes, a long time has passed.

I'll take you at your word. The timeline of Divinity has always confused me.

It's cool that they've been using it for so long though. It has really paid off of late.

Boy I can't wait for tomorrow to replay the best third person shooter featuring robot enemies. Recently bought the Dan Marshal pack for Binary Domain so I'm jonesin' for another playthrough of shooty robot goodness.

Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2 Upgrade has a store page

Revelator also reduced its base price from $50 to $30
Wonder why the store page for the full version didn't show up as well. I just wanna give them my money already.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Monthly reminder that tomorow is the last friday of the month and thus your humble monthly subscription will auto renew if you dont cancel.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
DAlhFsWXsAA9rg8.jpg:large

:(

Mivey

Really digging this Steam world heist from humble bundle. How is steam world dig? Different kind of game isn't it? As enjoyable?
Totally different genre. You have a partly randomly generated mine, and you have to dig for treasure. This gets harder as the environment gets more and more hostile. The focus is on exploration and a steady loop of filling your inventory and going back up (this gets easier with teleports) to sell it for better items. It's a five hour game, so it never get's old.
I enjoyed it, but no meaningful comparison with SteamWorld Heist. It's even set in a far out future version of the world (with only Steambots around), whereas Dig is just present day Earth (with only Steambots).

zkylon

zkylewd
got thru a few more sections in dks3, aldritch and dancer done

i still don't quite get how you dodge the aldritch arrow attack but i seem to have had better luck at it cos it wasn't as big of a deal as on playthrough 1. after that he's such a pushover i just beat him up. that whole section of the game is a big wasted opportunity in almost every possible way, from like the underused setting not taking advantage of
being fucking anor londo
, but also not looking any different from the level before it and not having anything special for how cool aldritch's character and lore implications are. enemies in it are also boring, and there's zero reward for getting through it

it's definitely a weird thing of this moment that's supposed to be an awesome reveal and it just ends up being so underwhelming, it's a real shame

dancer is kind of a fun boss fight tho. i didn't use much finesse and just shield tanked most of her attacks but she looks so cool and i love the cutscenes you get before and after fighting her. it's not my favorite boss in the game but she's cool

i also changed my claymore to a fire claymore cos i'm barely putting any points into strength anymore. i really wish weapons physically changed when you imbued them with elements...

Totally different genre. You have a partly randomly generated mine, and you have to dig for treasure. This gets harder as the environment gets more and more hostile. The focus is on exploration and a steady loop of filling your inventory and going back up (this gets easier with teleports) to sell it for better items. It's a five hour game, so it never get's old.
I enjoyed it, but no meaningful comparison with SteamWorld Heist. It's even set in a far out future version of the world (with only Steambots around), whereas Dig is just present day Earth (with only Steambots).

that sounds cool, i thought it was like a roguelike

cyba89

What's with the Steam Twitter account glitching out frequently these past few days resulting in spamming your timeline with every New Release, Daily Deal and Midweek Madness of the past 2 years?
Had to unfollow it for now.

Wok

What's with the Steam Twitter account glitching out frequently these past few days resulting in spamming your timeline with every New Release, Daily Deal and Midweek Madness of the past 2 years?
Had to unfollow it for now.

My random guess is that the community manager got laid off and "the new algorithm" has taken over the Steam Twitter account.

Finished Bayonetta. Honestly, after Nier i didn't expected much and bought it only to support SEGA ports. I mean, i knew this game was good, but i wasn't prepared that it'll be THAT good. Gameplay, visuals, design, music, everything is simply perfect. This game is hard as hell even on normal difficulty, it's not allowing mindless button mash and required perfect timings for every move, but it's still extremely fun and satisfying. Every battle is pure joy to play, level design and story are crazy but absolutely awesome, and Bayonetta are so cool protagonist. Also, i thought it'll be another brown game from 00's, but visuals holds up surprisingly well, variety of levels and locations are really impressive:
My only complain about Bayonetta is episode when you need to control rocket and avoid projectiles, this section is way too long and boring. But few minor issues aside, Bayonetta is amazing and has become one of my most favorite games i've ever played. I'm ready for Vanquish, bring it on!

Coreda

After unsuccessfully trying to find a DRM-free version of TumbleSeed weeks ago turns out it quietly has a store page on itch.io (this was absent on their official site when I last checked but was added since release it seems). Noice.

Black Desert Online is blocked in my region. But it seems that we can still receive the game as a gift and play without restriction.

I'm ordering one shortly to see it for myself. If it works I'm getting another one for my wife.

Arthea

Black Desert Online is blocked in my region. But it seems that we can still receive the game as a gift and play without restriction.

I'm ordering one shortly to see it for myself. If it works I'm getting another one for my wife.

I wonder is it true for me too, I honestly don't get it why it is blocked for me, makes no sense. Did they single me out or something.
Even better question what EU sub then means? Did they block it for certain countries? How much of EU actually gets it?

Durante

The new Divinity: Original Sin 2 tutorial is good and a lot of fun. I'm curious, though, how people feel about the "second person", indirect dialogue or whatever it's actually called. I personally love it because of the role-playing implications but I'm curious how most people will take not being able to have you character have a very specific voice.
I love it.

But then I would -- I'm also curious how others will react.

I wonder is it true for me too, I honestly don't get it why it is blocked for me, makes no sense. Did they single me out or something.
Even better question what EU sub then means? Did they block it for certain countries? How much of EU actually gets it?

Yeah, blocked people have been asking the same question since last year. And they're still strict to their stance. I remember they said something like "We only support players within NA/EU regions as other regions will be published by some other company." A year later, still no news on any other English version of Black Desert.

Coming this Autumn.

This is the second Steam game published by Humble Bundle.

nqpyNHp.png

No Truce With The Furies |OT| Furry "jokes" === perm ban

Finished Bayonetta. Honestly, after Nier i didn't expected much and bought it only to support SEGA ports. I mean, i knew this game was good, but i wasn't prepared that it'll be THAT good. Gameplay, visuals, design, music, everything is simply perfect. This game is hard as hell even on normal difficulty, it's not allowing mindless button mash and required perfect timings for every move, but it's still extremely fun and satisfying. Every battle is pure joy to play, level design and story are crazy but absolutely awesome, and Bayonetta are so cool protagonist. Also, i thought it'll be another brown game from 00's, but visuals holds up surprisingly well, variety of levels and locations are really impressive:

My only complain about Bayonetta is episode when you need to control rocket and avoid projectiles, this section is way too long and boring. But few minor issues aside, Bayonetta is amazing and has become one of my most favorite games i've ever played. I'm ready for Vanquish, bring it on!

I played Chapter 1 (and 2?) yesterday and is it just me or does that gave have shitload of cutscenes?

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
anyway of getting Black Desert if its not available in your region? Never got into any MMOs but the melee focus really interests me.

data

anyway of getting Black Desert if its not available in your region? Never got into any MMOs but the melee focus really interests me.

Get someone to gift it to you

I really wouldn't recommend it tho. I've had constant issues of the game not even letting me play it. And the steam forums are full of complaints too

MadGear

I would buy Black Desert Online if it didn't have an open PVP world + PK. For just 6€ is tempting thou

Oh ... that's certainly disappointing. I really can't stand open world PvP anymore. I mean I exclusively played on PvP enabled servers in WoW but prior to battlegrounds the occasional zerg at the Hillsbrad Foothils was all the game had to offer in terms of PvP and I'm glad I didn't miss out on that. After battlegrounds however that feature was almost exclusively utilized by people actively trying to be assholes and I assume that this is still true today.

Arthea

Yeah, blocked people have been asking the same question since last year. And they're still strict to their stance. I remember they said something like "We only support players within NA/EU regions as other regions will be published by some other company." A year later, still no news on any other English version of Black Desert.

but I am in EU region... nothing of this makes any sense.
Oh well

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
What antivirus program has an anime waifu telling me my system is protected?

Actually, if I could get the Major to protect my system, I'd bloody love it.

I'm actually surprised no one has made some sort of custom mod for that.

Are antivirus programs really too concerned to have a professional look?

It's not an antivirus. It's the xigncode thing from BDO.
Ahh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom