• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Financial Times: Trump's replacement for Michael Flynn doesn't want the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly its no different then what we had.

Flynn was investigated by the army in 2010-2013 for sharing classified information with foreign military officials. In the end they let him off because he "didn't do it on purpose".

He then got his promotion and the DNI.

It's not like being controversial and completely unqualified, if not outright hostile to, the job you are being considered for has stopped anybody else in the Trump administration.

True.

Any career person that accepts a position offered by this administration to be part of the current administration has to be insane to actually take the position offered.

Honestly its no different then what we had.

Flynn was investigated by the army in 2010-2013 for sharing classified information with foreign military officials. In the end they let him off because he "didn't do it on purpose".

He then got his promotion and the DNI.

Not that I'm a Flynn defense force, but "sharing classified with foreign military officials," in the Trump era, means "share everything with Russia." I thought - but could be mistaken - that Flynn shared information with some Aussies and Brits? (I actually get the fog of war + Five Eyes argument here.)

Yeah, here it is: https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...669740-c146-11e6-9578-0054287507db_story.html.

Again, it's important to be precise with our words. We have to provide context and intelligence in a world where the administration does not.

Tovarisc

Everyone is turning the job down.

kdBVK38.png

https://twitter.com/Carter_PE/status/832368451935158272

brau

My guess is that they got the memo that Trump only wants 'the very best'. Obviously they didn't think they were.

People saying this is a good thing? How can you figure? Harward would have formed a strong triad in the Mattis block to counter Trump/Bannon/Priebus

Tovarisc

People saying this is a good thing? How can you figure? Harward would have formed a strong triad in the Mattis block to counter Trump/Bannon/Priebus

He wouldn't have if accepting the job meant taking hamstring from day 1.

------

Vice Admiral Bob Harward has turned down President Donald Trump's offer to be national security adviser, sources told CNN Thursday.

A friend of Harward's said he was reluctant to take the job because the White House seems so chaotic.

Developing story - more to come

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/02/16/p...-adviser-role1219AMStoryPhoto&linkId=34593420

kevin1025

Banned

I think it's more that he's a man of principles by not taking the job. Trump has proven time and again that he's unwilling to budge, so that's likely why Harward did not take the job.

People nope-ing the fuck outta there.
Don't blame them, but it's a VERY bad sign when you can't recruit for major positions in the highest ranks of American government.

Jake Tapper ‏@jaketapper
A friend of Harward's says he was reluctant to take NSA job bc the WH seems so chaotic; says Harward called the offer a "shit sandwich."

I think it's more that he's a man of principles by not taking the job. Trump has proven time and again that he's unwilling to budge, so that's likely why Harward did not take the job.

Both Mattis and Kelly have principles as well, I mean I guess I understand why he turned it down, its just disappointing

ICO_SotC

conflicted between the call of duty and the obvious dysfunctionality,"

chaotic... "a shit sandwich"

Forget impeachment, when do the media start asking serious questions about whether Trump should just resign for the better of the country?

This is nuts. Our government is already completely broken in a way I haven't seen in my lifetime, and it's only been a month. How do they expect America to survive at least four years of this? The campaign itself already tore us apart enough.

Not all of them are that smart. See how those involved in the Yemen raid manipulated Trump to do the unconfirmed opposite of Obama.

Thank god Gaf finally has someone who got inside access to the situation room.

seriously, how do you know all that transpired was because military/intel members manipulated trump into making a stupid decision ?

RoKKeR

Forget impeachment, when do the media start asking serious questions about whether Trump should just resign for the better of the country?

This is nuts. Our government is already completely broken in a way I haven't seen in my lifetime, and it's only been a month. How do they expect America to survive at least four years of this? The campaign itself already tore us apart enough.
This would literally never happen. You watched the presser today.

"We'd like to offer you a job next to the greatest President of all time!"

"Whats the job entail....?"

"The very best fall guy!"

"A puppet?!"

"No, you're the puppet."

"Err..I'm good."

"You're the puppet!"

*walks away*

ezrarh

Unless you actually want to destroy the federal government, I don't see why you'd want to join the Trump administration at this point.

Trakdown

Trump and his cronies are going to break a lot harder first. Granted, that sucks but you don't always get good solutions for problems, especially at that level.

With Trump's praise of Flynn and this dude turning down the position. I'm betting there's a 20 percent chance Flynn gets his job back. This administration is crazy. Watch it happen GAF.

Squire

Banned
Unless you actually want to destroy the federal government, I don't see why you'd want to join the Trump administration at this point.

That's kind of my worry. Honorable turn down the position (which is, well, honorable) so we just get Bannon's picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom