• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Never have to eat or drink again but don't have taste bugs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thewonandonly

So I want to pose this question to u fine folks on neogaf and see what you guys would do. The question is simple basically you never have to ear or drink again, never feel hungry or thirst for the rest of your life, but you don't have tastebuds. So if your craving something well shit to bad son cause you ain't tasting it.

Personally I wouldn't because even if you save a lot of money, food is just to damn satisfying. Nothing better in life then seeing that sushi roll come to your table. Don't want to miss that ;)

Edit: I meant buds fuck

Mephala

Outside of hunger and thirst you still need to take in a lot of minerals and vitamins and what not through foods. I'd hate to give up eating yummy stuff and coffee only to be attached to an IV drip for the rest of my life.

zeemumu

Well I'd assume that not having to eat or drink means that my body maintains itself so I'll never gain/lose beyond my ideal weight for my age.

And no one likes taste bugs

1409765307_girl_releases_spider_from_her_mouth.gif

Hell no. Cooking (and subsequently, eating) is one of my favorite hobbies. Delicious food is one of the most amazing things in life.

I lost my smell and taste after a head injury. It sucks. It did come back a little bit recently but everything smells and tastes weird. But yeah I wish I didnt have to eat anything because I get pissed off every time I eat something I used to enjoy.

Dynamite Shikoku

Congratulations, you really deserve it!
I imagine op actually thought they were called taste bugs and they were little bugs in your mouth that help you taste

I'd do it in a heartbeat. There are very few things that I've ever ate or drank that I really loved. I eat the same things constantly because I just don't care about food that much.

I would miss Gummi Bears, though.

I would totally do it. We're all going to lose our senses as we age anyway.
This, assuming that never eating again means your body has more than it needs to keep an ideal healthy body. Like if you worked out, would you gain muscle? That would be important. Also, never having to eat would probably mean never having to poop too.

Moose Biscuits

It would be extreamly painful...
Assuming that my body would just go to the ideal weight, and if I started exercising or something then I'd keep at the ideal weight to build muscle etc.

Then... fuck, that's difficult. I really like tasty food and drink. On the other hand, I'm under no misapprehension, my habit of eating and drinking tasty food and drink is what's going to kill me: either via heart disease, diabetes, or any other number of problems.

And I've got no willpower to exercise properly or eat right. But if I took the deal, I guess I wouldn't need to exercise since my body would go to the ideal weight, blood sugar etc would regulate and so forth. I'd save a ton of money that otherwise goes on food, groceries, takeaways, snacks etc.

I guess one key question: could I still ingest alcohol and get drunk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom