• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Utah Gov. Gary Herbert Signs Bill Lowering Legal Blood-Alcohol Limit To .05%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would that be, exactly? The limit is 0.02 here in Sweden. People simply don't drink if they plan to drive the same day. Works perfectly fine.

Your post is crazy because it would lead to the closure of every club, bar, and decent restaurant in the country. Not to mention the impact it would have on other venues such as sporting events. Hell at this point I don't think major league baseball would exist without beer.

Your post is crazy because it would lead to the closure of every club, bar, and decent restaurant in the country. Not to mention the impact it would have on other venues such as sporting events. Hell at this point I don't think major league baseball would exist without beer.

Nonsense. The bars will be fine.

If I EVER know I'm going to have a drink in LA, I will take an Uber to said location. It's not worth putting the lives of others, and your own future, on the line.

Nonsense. The bars will be fine.

If I EVER know I'm going to have a drink in LA, I will take an Uber to said location. It's not worth putting the lives of others, and your own future, on the line.

Requiring an uber to go to the bar for a 3 dollar beer would absolutely crush a bars business model. Also keep in mind that the country is more than LA, Chicago, and NYC. There are large portions of this country where uber doesn't exist or is a pretty good expense when traveling to population centers. Cabs are worthless unless you stay in one of those 3 cities. Not to mention there aren't enough cabs, ubers, etc... to cover every single person who has a drink at dinner.

For a person who goes to bed at 11pm that guy was saying their last drink should happen at 11am. The football game doesn't even air till 1pm.

This post is delusional. None of that would happen.

whitehawk

Banned
Good. Alcohol doesn't taste sooo good that you need to have one with dinner. I don't see much a point in drinking if it's just one light beer. Save money have and have something tastier.

This post is delusional. None of that would happen.

How would a bar, club, or restaurant survive if the last drinks were served at 10am?

It's your honest opinion that every person who visits those places would factor in an uber or cab ride into the cost? Do you know how many ubers would be required after a Bears game?

How would a bar, club, or restaurant survive if the last drinks were served at 10am?

It's your honest opinion that every person who visits those places would factor in an uber or cab ride into the cost? Do you know how many ubers would be required after a Bears game?

How do they survive in countries that already have really low limits?

Cabs and designated drivers...

It is amazing how difficult it is for some people to emotionally handle the proposition that they shouldn't drive after drinking.

This is such a joke and isn't realistic in the slightest in terms of there being a 12 hour gap between your last drink and driving a car. This is where a good idea completely loses support because you go too far.

How do they survive in countries that already have really low limits?

Cabs and designated drivers...

It is amazing how difficult it is for some people to emotionally handle the proposition that they shouldn't drive after drinking.

Name said countries that require 12 hours between drinking and driving.

pigeon

Banned
This is such a joke and isn't realistic in the slightest in terms of there being a 12 hour gap between your last drink and driving a car. This is where a good idea completely loses support because you go too far.

Name said countries that require 12 hours between drinking and driving.

You were responding to a person posting that Sweden has a limit of 0.02, so that's the topic people are discussing, and that's the country that has that law.

You were responding to a person posting that Sweden has a limit of 0.02, so that's the topic people are discussing, and that's the country that has that law.

My post was commentary on him saying the below statement was perfectly reasonable. I have mentioned the 12 hour post numerous times in my replies.

Excessive? Gross. It should be this way everywhere. If you've had drink or drugs of any amount in a 12 hour window, don't get behind the wheel, period.

So once again, which country has a 12 hour gap requirement on drinking and driving?

yeah this is great

I've known four people who were victims of drunk driving all were around 14-16

so yeah if yer gonna drink please call an uber or a cab stop being selfish

I personally don't see the point of beer/alcohol but all I drink is water so yeah

Again, you are falling for the rhetoric. This does NOTHING to prevent that, the rates will stay the same. So what do you care about? About being more strict in punishment or actually doing something to help?
I love these posts, because I get to ask you to share the data that made you write this. I want to see.

tmarg

If people want to argue that our policy should be focused on taking drunk drivers off the roads instead of charging them money, I'd agree with that. That doesn't really have anything to do with this though.

The rule of thumb I always heard was to wait at least one hour for every drink, and I'm pretty sure that would still keep you under .05, so I don't see a problem with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom