• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

20-year-old Devin Booker scored 70 points (NBA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://twitter.com/espn/status/845459404459855872
Devin Booker is the first NBA player to reach 70 points since Kobe dropped 81 in 2006.

Highlights:
https://twitter.com/_tailgatesports/status/845459096757252096

C7urdb5VQAAjAi3.jpg:large

Insane

Tagyhag

Lol that face, he looks bored.

Anyways very impressive, were they just handing him the ball every time like they did with Kobe that day?

LionPride

Banned
What if Devin learns how to play defense? He and Klay would have the game on lock for peeps who can just go off for 40 on a quarter outta nowhere

Bernbaum

https://twitter.com/espn/status/845459404459855872
Devin Booker is the first NBA player to reach 70 points since Kobe dropped 81 in 2006.

Highlights:
https://twitter.com/_tailgatesports/status/845459096757252096

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C7urdb5VQAAjAi3.jpg:large[IMG]
[SPOILER]Insane[/SPOILER][/QUOTE]
That's fucking insane.

[quote="rekameohs, post: 232722063"]The Suns as a team are also younger than all but one of the remaining March Madness college teams. Pretty wild.[/QUOTE]
That's also insane.

Feep

Banned
According to the play-by-play, it looks like Booker scored 16 points in the last 2:19, after the game was effectively sealed.

Still extremely impressive, of course. 21-40 with that volume is excellent, and 24-26 from FT.

Sandfox

Historic game from Booker.

According to the play-by-play, it looks like Booker scored 16 points in the last 2:19, after the game was effectively sealed.

Still extremely impressive, of course. 21-40 with that volume is excellent, and 24-26 from FT.
His teammates were intentionally fouling so he could shoot.

God Mode Klay could score 90 points in 45 minutes but it won't ever happen because it won't be close if he's that hot or Kerr would sit him at 30 minutes. This is impressive to me because Booker is only 20 years old.

Matthew23

I watched most of the game, especially the second half. It was a blowout pretty much the whole time. The Suns got within 10 with 45 seconds left which is when they committed immediate fouls on two consecutive Boston possessions. Maybe a little cheap, but the game was still winnable. The Suns were feeding Booker heavily in the second half of the fourth but it was also helping them to get back in the game. Any way you look at it 70 points for a 20 year old is impressive.

Interestingly the Suns previous team record of 60 points was set by Tom Chambers 27 years ago to the day.

norm9

Cool, I guess. *shrug emoji*

Eta- if you're score more than 50, it's gotta be more than 81, or else what's the point.

Pkaz01

that's pretty much it though is my point and kobe did that in his prime, this kid is 20 to dismiss the historic accomplishment as not newsworthy because it isn't 81 on the basis of kobe being the sole factor is kind of ridiculous

that's pretty much it though is my point and kobe did that in his prime, this kid is 20 to dismiss the historic accomplishment as not newsworthy because it isn't 81 on the basis of kobe being the sole factor is kind of ridiculous

Sounds like the Celtics handed him 70. Once you get above 65 you're pretty much in a league exclusively filled with HOF. Devin will probably be an all-star level talent but this is like Mo Williams scoring 50.

Young homie has been ballin the whole season. He's going to be a legit star within the next 2 years.

However, I can't take any player seriously when they score more than 40 points a game. Anything above that just screams ball hog to me, especially with a damn L.

Matthew23

Sounds like the Celtics handed him 70. Once you get above 65 you're pretty much in a league exclusively filled with HOF. Devin will probably be an all-star level talent but this is like Mo Williams scoring 50.

Booker having a big scoring game isn't really an anomaly though. He's already put up 39, 39, 39, 38, 36, and now 70 this year at 20 years old. Kobe was into his fourth season at 21 years of age before he had his first 40 point game. Of course it's too early to know how Booker will end up but if nothing else he is showing signs of becoming a great scorer.

edit

However, I can't take any player seriously when they score more than 40 points a game. Anything above that just screams ball hog to me, especially with a damn L.

The banged up Suns only played 8 tonight which was a factor. But yeah late in the forth the coach basically ran nothing but Booker ball.

Kieli

Young homie has been ballin the whole season. He's going to be a legit star within the next 2 years.

I don't see anything wrong if you're red hot and shooting a good percentage. He made 52% on very high volume. The team is there to win, and they'll gladly feed the hot hand.

Matthew23

I don't see anything wrong if you're red hot and shooting a good percentage. He made 52% on very high volume. The team is there to win, and they'll gladly feed the hot hand.

Yeah 8 for 15 in the forth quarter with two misses in the last 5 seconds isn't chucking at all. Efficient all night.

edit

Scoring nearly double your highest scoring games is an anomaly.

Well yeah, there's only been a few guys in the history of the NBA to score that much in a game. Booker having a big scoring night is nothing new and comparing his future scoring prospects to a guy like Mo Williams is pretty far off the mark.

Damn, can't argue with that. 70pts on 52%, not bad young man, not bad at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom