• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumors about the Wii (from 2ch)

Blablurn

Kingdom Hearts 3 for Wii?

Please don't do this. I just don't dont want to live with this Curren Gent graphics for years -_-.

I mean. Many of us are tired of these presentations.

But just imagine a Kingdom Hearts 3 for PS3 (or maybe 360) *o*. This would be really really badass!

Just give the Wii a little Spin-Off and everything's alright!

farnham

Banned
Dascu said:
FE Wii is a direct sequel to PoR. According to this rumour, FE Wii would also include PoR in the game, because the 2 games are so closely related.

and because PoR sold like crap

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
- From Software is developing a Kingsfieldesque 1 person action RPG on Wii

DON'T DO THIS TO ME.
I must have asked for this 100 times in my post history.

DO NOT SAY THIS AND IT NOT BE TRUE.
Someone validate this, please. Or ban the source from GAF if its totally fabricated :(

farnham said:
- Swords of Legendia will be the first game of the Swords of series.. a Spinoff series of the Tales of series..

I called this a long time ago IIRC..

yeah, if the Kingdom hearts to Wii rumour is true, GAF is gonna explode!

farnham

Banned
John Harker said:
DON'T DO THIS TO ME.
I must have asked for this 100 times in my post history.

DO NOT SAY THIS AND IT NOT BE TRUE.
Someone validate this, please. Or ban the source from GAF if its totally fabricated :(

i think this one was actually confirmed by an interview... (well at least the person posting that on ruliweb said its confirmed)

pswii60

I really hope that Wii KH rumour isn't true. It would be so good to have a KH on PS3 or even 360 with graphics that could possibly even match a film. It's what I've been dreaming of, and now it might not even happen :(

AniHawk

Blablurn said:
Kingdom Hearts 3 for Wii?

Please don't do this. I just don't dont want to live with this Curren Gent graphics for years -_-.

I mean. Many of us are tired of these presentations.

But just imagine a Kingdom Hearts 3 for PS3 (or maybe 360) *o*. This would be really really badass!

Just give the Wii a little Spin-Off and everything's alright!

Well, whoever's in charge of KH IS a graphics whore (can't remember who it is... Kawazu?), so there's probably gonna be a small push towards the PS3 for that.

Otherwise,

-these games could (SHOULD) be cel-shaded
-these games already look pretty damn nice

Has anyone been paying attention to cank stoochie's post history? I think we have a new possible guerilla marketeer. I don't think it's possible to have Sony's shaft so far down your throat and not get some kind of compensation.

farnham

Banned
AniHawk said:
Well, whoever's in charge of KH IS a graphics whore (can't remember who it is... Kawazu?), so there's probably gonna be a small push towards the PS3 for that.

Otherwise,

its nomura tetsuya... and thats why the gameplay sucks but the graphics and the styles of the game is great

donny2112

farnham said:
- Square Enix and Disney agreed to put the next Kingdom Hearts on Nintendo Consoles

DrForester said:
Kingdom Hearts 3 is so far off. First they need to make the seemingly unimportant DS game that no one buys that sets up the entire story for 3.

Wouldn't a side-quest KH on the DS satisfy the rumor? They may not be talking about the next "proper" KH, after all. ;)

farnham said:
- Fire Emblem Wii has two parts... The first part is the original Fire Emblem Path of Radiance..

:D Any non-cancellation Fire Emblem Wii news makes me happy.

farnham said:
and because PoR sold like crap

No it didn't.

Blablurn

AniHawk said:

Otherwise,

imo it should look like the guys in the secret ending of KH2. dude, this is how i want them to look like °o°.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
AniHawk said:

Otherwise,

...isn't it Nomura?

And it's bullshit anyway...or so bullshit now that it is irrelevant. The KH team is doing Versus 13 that should tie them up for a long time. If Nomura wants to give away his pet project, that's possible.

Dascu

AniHawk said:

Otherwise,

Kingdom Hearts is Nomura's little series, is it not?

Edit: Hah, a second too late.

pswii60

farnham said:
its nomura tetsuya... and thats why the gameplay sucks but the graphics and the styles of the game is great

Oi the gameplay doesn't suck! Although I have to say I'm pretty rubbish at KH. But although I love games I'm not very good at them!

farnham

Banned
Im excited about the FE rumor... Id love to see Ike again...

fireemblem.jpg

fire-emblem-20060509002129592.jpg

oh and dont forget to port FE sealed sword on the DS

fire_emblem3_1024.jpg

i want to see da kids of those people:)

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
farnham said:
i think this one was actually confirmed by an interview... (well at least the person posting that on ruliweb said its confirmed)

Really?

I tend to not get excited about gaming announcments - I'm relatively low key - but I love the King's Field series, every incarnation. I've always found them so engrossing. You always get that isolated feeling, that up-against-the-odds feeling, and the worlds tend to be large and immersive.

I was sad when they said they wouldn't be making any more.
As long as they don't "kiddify" a Nintendo version, having a King's Field-esque (please don't make it like Eternal Ring, though Shadow Tower would do) game with Wii controls, in their traditional, mature atmosphere would just be somethin', ya know?

Its nice to have a game like this come along every now and then and not have any anime characters in it :lol

AniHawk

Y2Kevbug11 said:
...isn't it Nomura?

I don't know my Square dudes very well, obviously. I THOUGHT he was a director until a while ago when my brain decided he was just an artist. Not sure why I made that jump.

Well, he is doing an original game for the DS, so maybe he's not THAT big a graphics whore.

farnham

Banned
GreenNight said:
Funny how they mention FE, considering I just started playing th GC game yesterday. Damn good game.

ditto.. best storyline ever.... and support conversation system rox!

farnham

Banned
John Harker said:
Really?

I tend to not get excited about gaming announcments - I'm relatively low key - but I love the King's Field series, every incarnation. I've always found them so engrossing. You always get that isolated feeling, that up-against-the-odds feeling, and the worlds tend to be large and immersive.

I was sad when they said they wouldn't be making any more.
As long as they don't "kiddify" a Nintendo version, having a King's Field-esque (please don't make it like Eternal Ring, though Shadow Tower would do) game with Wii controls, in their traditional, mature atmosphere would just be somethin', ya know?

Its nice to have a game like this come along every now and then and not have any anime characters in it :lol

well at least the guy at from software confirmed that they are working on wii right now.. thats all what i saw.. it was on 2ch so dont get overexcited..

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
AniHawk said:
I don't know my Square dudes very well, obviously. I THOUGHT he was a director until a while ago when my brain decided he was just an artist. Not sure why I made that jump.

Well, he is doing an original game for the DS, so maybe he's not THAT big a graphics whore.

I think the style he is using in that game is making it one of the most graphically appealing DS games. :D

He is an artist, but now he's also a director. He reverse Kaneko'd.

Haunted

farnham said:
The first part is the original Fire Emblem Path of Radiance..
PoR included in the Wii version would make me very happy, since I just couldn't find it for a good price over here! Awesome if true! :D

Xrenity

The news was Disney was making their own games instead of letting others do so. However, in the special case of KH, they might make an exception.

I'd jump for joy if KH goes to the Wii.

Funny reactions btw.
Sony fans: BULLSHIT, GIMME NEXT GEN GAMES
Nintendo fans: TOTALLY PLAUSIBLE

If it happens, GAF explodes. If not, It'll probably too.

farnham

Banned
Xrenity said:
The news was Disney was making their own games instead of letting others do so. However, in the special case of KH, they might make an exception.

I'd jump for joy if KH goes to the Wii.

Nov. 7 (Bloomberg) -- Walt Disney Co., the world's second- largest media company, is creating a video-game studio to make titles exclusively for Nintendo Co., targeting audiences for its animated characters.

The studio, called Fall Line, will be based in Salt Lake City and run by Scott Novis, who led the team that created the game based on the Pixar film ``Cars.'' Novis's designers will build games for the Nintendo ``Wii'' console to be released this month and the ``DS'' and ``Game Boy'' handheld players.

Chief Executive Officer Robert Iger said in September that Disney can earn more by developing its own games rather than licensing characters and content. Disney has spent $200 million in the past two years to buy or start game-development studios. The Burbank, California-based company will spend another $200 million in the next two years, said Graham Hopper, general manager of Disney's Buena Vista Games.

``Disney is naturally set up for video games,'' said Imran Khan, an analyst with JPMorgan Chase & Co. ``It makes sense because of their characters and their content, and because they already have a strong consumer product group, which others like Time Warner and Paramount don't.''

Shares of Disney rose 57 cents to $32.46 yesterday in New York Stock Exchange composite trading. They have gained 35 percent this year.

Buena Vista wants to produce 80 percent of its games internally, Hopper said. Of the games it makes, Buena Vista wants 80 percent based on Disney movies, TV shows or other content.

Fourth Studio

Fall Line is the fourth game developer Disney has bought or started in the past 19 months. The company has more than tripled its video-game payroll to 600 employees.

In April 2005, Buena Vista bought Salt Lake City-based Avalanche Software for undisclosed terms and established a start- up studio in Vancouver called Propaganda Games, led by former executives of Electronic Arts Canada. In September, the company purchased Brighton, England-based Climax Racing, maker of auto- racing games ``MotoGP'' and ``ATV Offroad Fury'' for undisclosed terms.

Khan expects Disney to rely less on licensing agreements, such as the accord with publisher THQ Inc. it inherited with the $8.06 billion purchase of Pixar in May. THQ, based in Agoura Hills, California, has game rights to the next four Pixar films.

``They are building the capability to do these games on their own,'' said Khan, who rates the shares ``overweight'' and doesn't own them.

`Chicken Little'

Disney is releasing a second ``Chicken Little'' video game for Nintendo's Wii around the same time the console is expected to go on sale this month.

The game follows a formula that Hopper and other Disney executives want to serve as a blueprint for future titles. Designers at Avalanche worked with the film's producers and animators to get scenes that were created entirely for the game.

``That lets us tell a story in the same universe and time frame as the movie,'' said John Blackburn, Avalanche Software's general manager. ``But we can expand the universe in a way that makes better sense for a video game.''

Collaboration between designers and animators has grown, Blackburn said. Designers get early access to footage, gaining more time to build a game and make it closer to the movie.

``Before we were with Disney, we wouldn't always get access to the movie team and because of the lack of trust, they wouldn't let us do things with the character,'' Blackburn said.

Natural Partner

Disney views Nintendo as a natural partner since its users tend to be younger. While Microsoft Corp. and Sony Corp. compete for ardent video game fans with high-end graphics and complex games, Nintendo has made the Wii simple and easy to use with a controller sensitive to motion.

Novis said kids find Xbox and PlayStation games technical and difficult to learn, while they typically can pick up a Nintendo game and start playing quickly. At $250, Nintendo's Wii costs less than the Xbox and PlayStation 3.

``It seems like with our brand, the Nintendo platform is a really good place to put our development effort and focus,'' Novis said.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Heh. Funny enough a few days ago I did entertain the thought of Fire Emblem Wii including Fire Emblem GC. It doesn't mean anything to those who've already played FEGC, but for those who haven't and who are looking at purchasing another Wii game - 2 games for the price of 1 would seem like a great deal and entice people to try it out.

farnham

Banned
Tempy said:
Heh. Funny enough a few days ago I did entertain the thought of Fire Emblem Wii including Fire Emblem GC. It doesn't mean anything for those who've already played FEGC, but for those who didn't and are looking at purchasing another Wii game - 2 games for the price of 1 would seem like a great deal and entice people to try it out.

win win situation...

and also this confirms..

FE Wii will have Ike in it... I love Ike..

Amir0x

Banned
well the original Path of Radiance is being sold for like 10 bucks these days, so nobody should wait to play that awesome game if they own a Gamecube or Wii

NeonZ

I would be hideously unimpressed if Fire Emblem is nothing but PoR + Extra Episodes. It better be PoR + Similarly sized quest.

If it's anything like Fire Emblem III, the PoR port will be the one lacking things. The FE1 port in FE3 received engine updates, from FE3, like new promotions and a better healing exp system, but a few characters, who didn't return in the sequel, disappeared from the FE1 remake and scenarios were also cut. The difficulty was reduced too.

Edit: To be fair, the FE1 port also received narrations before each battle, mostly talking about the background of the location of the battle, greatly expanding FE1's extremely limited storyline.

Uh, I'm pretty sure people consider Fire Emblem: Genealogy of Holy War (Fire Emblem IV) the best. Thracia 776 is the sequel to THAT game and considered the hardest in the series.

Internet fans mostly prefer Genealogy, true, but Mystery of the Emblem sold better. Besides, Genealogy is almost nothing like the other games in the series, and most of its level structure innovations (Extremely large maps with several events spread around them, save at any time, "open battle fields" with enemies in huge squares, limited character selection, second generation, etc) were dropped in later games of the series, though a few engine innovations remained, like the weapon triangle and dropping a generic weapon skill stat for specific weapon skill letters.

Haunted

Amir0x said:
well the original Path of Radiance is being sold for like 10 bucks these days, so nobody should wait to play that awesome game if they own a Gamecube or Wii
59,99€ new at amazon - used 29,99€ and upwards. :(

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Amir0x said:
I'm guilty of this...

Someone GAVE me a free copy of the game over a year ago and I haven't even booted it up yet. Honestly, I just don't like SRPGs all that much and completely forgot about it as a result...

Amir0x

Banned
Haunted_One said:
59,99€ new at amazon - used 29,99€ and upwards. :(

Too bad for you Euro h0s, Gamestop is shoveling Path of Radiance into willing hands for 10 bucks only a week ago :D

dark10x said:
Someone GAVE me a free copy of the game over a year ago and I haven't even booted it up yet. Honestly, I just don't like SRPGs all that much and completely forgot about it as a result...

Well that's kinda different. Not everyone can dig these types of games, they're definitely niche. Still should give it a shot if you're unsure, these are some of the best.

aparisi2274

if they put KH on the Wii, that will be a good day... :) But then they will take the wii version, add some shit, and put it on the PS3 and call it the international house of pancakes deluxe edition.

Muppet345

Path of Radiance is one of the best games on the Gamecube, so if it's just PoR + bonus content, I'll probably buy it anyway. But I'd be disappointed. Full sequel plz.

Amir0x said:
Well that's kinda different. Not everyone can dig these types of games, they're definitely niche. Still should give it a shot if you're unsure, these are some of the best.

One of the MAIN reasons I own a wii. Fire Emblem/Metroid/Zelda are my holy Nintendo trinity.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
aparisi2274 said:
if they put KH on the Wii, that will be a good day... :) But then they will take the wii version, add some shit, and put it on the PS3 and call it the international house of pancakes deluxe edition.
This gen, I don't think we will see such things happen. A Wii game would require a COMPLETE face lift if it were to be released on XBOX360 or PS3. They could not simply port it with a few additions, they would have to literally remake it. Wii -> 360/PS3 ports are likely to be extremely rare as a result (as they should be).

Xellotah

dark10x said:
I'm guilty of this...

You should give it a go though. Play it till chapter 8 at-least before deciding whether or not you like the game.

Unfounded speculation and wishful thinking (not from 2ch, but from me):

Square Enix and Disney decided to put Kingdom Hearts on Nintendo consoles AND have made an agreement to include the f'n MUSHROOM KINDGOM!!

You really have to figure that Kingdom Hearts will at least appear on both Sony and Nintendo machines, maybe even the 360. No reason for it not to be multi-platform really.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
well IS probably just wants to pack in PoR with GoD since GoD is a direct sequel makes sense. maybe they want everybody to enjoy the full storyline or something.

PoR with new maps and stuff added+a whole new game will make me very happy.

farnham

Banned
Gaia Theory said:
Unfounded speculation and wishful thinking (not from 2ch, but from me):

Square Enix and Disney decided to put Kingdom Hearts on Nintendo consoles AND have made an agreement to include the f'n MUSHROOM KINDGOM!!

You really have to figure that Kingdom Hearts will at least appear on both Sony and Nintendo machines, maybe even the 360. No reason for it not to be multi-platform really.

DQ Kingdom plz!

Top Bottom