• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Blazing |OT| Mobile Naruto, Perverted Hermit

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
logo.png

Developer/Publisher: Bandai
Genre Shinobi Formation Battle
Platforms: iOS, Android
Worldwide Release Date: Now! In some countries. Like the U.S. But not all countries. Not yet.
Price: Free! With IAP
Official Website: http://naruto-blazing.net/en/
Useful Information: http://narutoblazing.gamea.co/
Reddit Page: https://www.reddit.com/r/NarutoBlazing

What is it?
Mobile F2P gacha game featuring your favorite storylines and characters from the Naruto anime/manga series of the same name! Think: One Piece Treasure Cruise… but Naruto. It looks like this:

kbp_narutoblazing_game5.jpg

Does the game follow the story of the anime?
Yes, pretty much starts from the beginning of Naruto (and NOT Naruto Shippuden, despite the name of the game). Story currently ends with Shukaku fight.

Is there co-op? Multiplayer? Can I play with my friends?
Yes, you can co-op any mission, and you will be playing co-op a lot. It’s very well implemented, and only the host of the co-op pays the energy costs. So, in theory, you can play nonstop as long as someone is looking for co-op.

Is there PVP?
It’s coming soon.

Are there clans/guilds?
No. I don’t know if it’s a planned feature at this point.

How pay to win is it? Are IAPs necessary?
So far, not at all. You can get the best characters and max them out without paying a cent. However, we will see how the game unfolds.

Okay, I’m in! Who should I keep? Who is good?
Here’s the reddit tier list: https://www.reddit.com/r/NarutoBlazing/wiki/tierlist

S tier: Zabuza (not out yet), Gaara, Kakashi, Naruto, Sasuke, Haku.

Notable others: Kabuto (best healer by far), Shikamaru (immobilize is awesome on bosses), Shizune (healer), Neji (insane damage), Sakura (healer)

Itachi: Itachi isn’t very good, I’m sorry.

Rock Lee: Lee is not in the game yet. Yes, we all want him.

Okay I got a [fill in bad character here]. Should I re-roll until I get a good character?
Yes, you should re-roll until you get a good character from the S tier list. People generally aim for Gaara or Kakashi, but all in this tier can reach 6-star and are good to start with. Generally you want at least one 6-star capable character plus a good support character (ideally Kabuto for healing).

How do I re-roll?
Right now, I can only speak for iOS, and you have to reinstall the game to re-roll. Might be a faster way on Android - see the rerolling section at the bottom of this post. You should use the first free pull you get, then do co-op until you get enough pearls to do a 10-pull drop. If you don’t get anything good in that 10-pull, restart the process.

Useful Tips:
- The Attack and Health Boosts you get from story missions are permanent attack or health boosts to your character, up to a limit. Use them on your best character – no need to save them for anything. You’ll get tons.
- You can “store” attack and health boosts on your 1/2-star characters and then feed them to your main character to save money or to save inventory space. Just feed boosts to the 2-stars and then feed the 2-stars to your main team members.
- You gain experience for your characters through eating ramen from the daily Emergency Cup missions. You get bonus XP for feeding the same color ramen to your character, e.g., red ramen to red element characters. Colors vary by day.
- You need scrolls to “awaken” (evolve) your characters. You get scrolls from the daily Emergency Scroll missions. Colors vary by day.
- After you do your 3 discounted 10-unit pulls, it’s very much worth it to expand your inventory. Boosts, scrolls, units, etc all fill the same inventory slots. I went up to 100.
- If you have more than one copy of a character, you can feed one copy to another. This strengthens the cards and you unlock additional skills/talents. There is a limit though. It also increases your Luck, which increases your chances for drops.

Android Re-rolling (Courtesy of the subreddit, I found the process a bit more involved on my S7 but I had done some funky stuff with my SD card)

JP Folder = jp.gree.narutoblazing

Global Folder = com.bandainamcoent.narutoblazingna

Rooted
After you are done with the initial downloading of files in-game & decide to reroll, exit game and force closed it
Use a file manager (such as ES File Manager) & head to /data/data/<folder name> directory
Delete the shared_prefs folder
Boot the game, it will skip the initial downloading part and start a new account

Non-Rooted
After you are done with the initial downloading of files in-game & decide to reroll, exit game and force closed it
Use a file manager (such as ES File Manager) & head to /android/data directory (make sure it isn't the SD card/storage directory but your internal memory/data)
Rename the folder to anything so that it's different (easiest way is to just add a '1' at the end)
Go to your device's app setting and clear the data of the game
Go back to the directory and rename the folder back to what it was originally
Boot the game, it will skip the initial downloading part

commish

Very much agree that best Naruto is early Naruto. Not a big fan of insane powered up characters.

Uthred

I'd probably add Sakura to the notable others, she has the healer field skill and an AOE size attack area. Works really well when paired with Kabuto or Shizune. If people are looking for friends feel free to add me 504386460314, IGN Natto, running a 6* lvl 70 Gaara.

SoulUnison

Banned
I hate when people don't seem to care about how their game's title will translate to the icon on the Home Screen.

"NARUTO B..."

It looks so incredibly lazy and cheap.

chrono01

Thanks for this, the game is a lot of fun.

To those playing, feel free to add me! I'm currently leading with Kakashi. My ID is: 584,390,460,413.

commish

I'd probably add Sakura to the notable others, she has the healer field skill and an AOE size attack area. Works really well when paired with Kabuto or Shizune. If people are looking for friends feel free to add me 504386460314, IGN Natto, running a 6* lvl 70 Gaara.

Okay added her.

Also, my friend code if anyone wants to add me: 564385460512

Currently running Gaara but often switch to Naruto because NARUTO.

Zafir

Since we're sharing friend codes mine is - 564,382,460,817. My main is pretty much Kakashi. Feel free to add. Will go through adding other people have posted their code.

Games seems cool, will try later since it currently covers the best part of Naruto.

Yeah. I stopped watching Naruto at the start of Shippuden. I think by that point I was just tired of everything being dragged out so much.

Such is the issue with any anime that goes on for so long. So much padding, filler and dragging out to keep it going.

chrono01

I just saw this. Added!

I'll add anyone else here too, that I haven't already done so.

Lagamorph

Finished the tutorial and did my free pull, I now have 28 pearls immediately due to login bonuses.
Just need to earn 2 more for the 30 pearl discount pull to see if I can get an S-Rank

Uthred

Finished the tutorial and did my free pull, I now have 28 pearls immediately due to login bonuses.
Just need to earn 2 more for the 30 pearl discount pull to see if I can get an S-Rank

You get two ninja jewels per new player met in Co-Op for your first five players or so (after that its just one per) so one round of co-op should get you what you need

Lagamorph

2 Super Rare's on my pull, 3rd Hokage and Kisame.

Guessing I should re-roll?

I'm guessing all I can do is uninstall/reinstall? Running it on Android.

(I also got Anko. I don't remember her boobs being that big...)

chrono01

Yes, re-roll. Aim for a 6* in the first multi-pull, so one of those mentioned in the OP.

(Also, Anko was always huge in that department.)

This is like DBZ Dokkan Battle I think no?
Namco Bandai handles both, but that's where the similarities end. The gameplay is completely different, and the game has co-op (which Dokkan Battle doesn't have).

If you enjoy the Naruto series, I'd definitely recommend giving it a try. I find it to be very enjoyable.

Lagamorph

Guess I'll try one, maybe two re-rolls, but beyond that I just get utterly sick of going through the tutorials over and over again. If I re-roll anymore than that I'll just sour myself entirely on the game.

Also, why does the game keep requesting access to my Contacts? I deny it and the game seems to work fine, but wish I knew why it was asking for that level of access.

commish

Guess I'll try one, maybe two re-rolls, but beyond that I just get utterly sick of going through the tutorials over and over again. If I re-roll anymore than that I'll just sour myself entirely on the game.

Since you can always use friends who have certain characters, don't think that you are gimping yourself too much by not starting with a 6-star. You can still do all content and do it well. It's just easiest right now to get those 6-stars without paying. Re-rolling sucks.

Namco Bandai handles both, but that's where the similarities end. The gameplay is completely different, and the game has co-op (which Dokkan Battle doesn't have).

If you enjoy the Naruto series, I'd definitely recommend giving it a try. I find it to be very enjoyable.

Who should I aim for? Is there any specific unit whos above everyone else?

chrono01

Also, why does the game keep requesting access to my Contacts? I deny it and the game seems to work fine, but wish I knew why it was asking for that level of access.
It's never asked me for access to my Contacts. Strange.

Oh, I thought I'd mention, in a few weeks we should be receiving the Zabuza banner and, if it's the same as Japan, we'll have a guaranteed 6* pull on it. If you really don't want to re-roll for a 6* now, you could try waiting for that instead. Ideally, you'd want to do both (6* for starting and then another 6* on the guaranteed banner), but if you're not determined enough to keep re-rolling, that's an option you can take.

Who should I aim for? Is there any specific unit whos above everyone else?
It's in the OP, but the ones to aim for are Gaara, Kakashi, Naruto, Sasuke. If you're doing the discounted 30 pearl banner, I've heard you can't receive Haku out of it (he's only available on his banner right now), so aim for one of the previous four. Any other support characters you receive out of it are a bonus (Kabuto, Shikamaru, Neji, Tayuyu, Hinata, etc.). I'd recommend doing as many of the 30-pearl discount banner pulls as you feel comfortable with. I did all three, since it's a great value, and I already have 77 pearls again. Obviously, if you get lucky and receive two 6* and a few support characters in your first multi-pull, you could just save your pearls for future releases.

Uthred

Anko's breasts do look odd in her character art.

Android Re-rolling (Courtesy of the subreddit, I found the process a bit more involved on my S7 but I had done some funky stuff with my SD card)

JP Folder = jp.gree.narutoblazing

Global Folder = com.bandainamcoent.narutoblazingna

Rooted

• After you are done with the initial downloading of files in-game & decide to reroll, exit game and force closed it
  • Use a file manager (such as ES File Manager) & head to /data/data/<folder name> directory
  • Delete the shared_prefs folder
  • Boot the game, it will skip the initial downloading part and start a new account

Non-Rooted

• After you are done with the initial downloading of files in-game & decide to reroll, exit game and force closed it
  • Use a file manager (such as ES File Manager) & head to /android/data directory (make sure it isn't the SD card/storage directory but your internal memory/data)
  • Rename the folder to anything so that it's different (easiest way is to just add a '1' at the end)
  • Go to your device's app setting and clear the data of the game
  • Go back to the directory and rename the folder back to what it was originally
  • Boot the game, it will skip the initial downloading part

Pachimari

Should I re-roll if the first character I got isn't very good?

I got Iruka And Konohamaro. So I should re-roll now? I would prefer not to re-roll.

commish

I got Iruka And Konohamaro. So I should re-roll now?

No. Get up to 30 pulls and then do a 10-pull. You can get extra pearls by doing co-op- you get 2 pearls per person you team up with for the first time. You can reach 30 in a few minutes.

chrono01

I got Iruka And Konohamaro. So I should re-roll now?
You get one free single-pull during the tutorial (you CAN get a 5* out of this, but it's rare) and 25 pearls when you finish the tutorial itself. Then you run two co-op quests, match up with four new players, and receive another 8 pearls. Then you do one discounted 30-pearl multi-pull, and if you don't get a 6*-capable character out of that, you re-roll.

It's advised anyway, whether you want to do it or not is completely up to you.

FDC1

I will probably look stupid but why rerolling is so important? From my experience of this gatcha games, they're really easy and you got so much, so fast you quickly forgot what you started with.

Lagamorph

In the middle of my first re-roll, the free summon I got a "Keep it together Naruto" and Sasuke showed up, then some glowing white person.
"Oh man, this is gonna be so awesome" I thought.

Konohamaru.
How wrong I was.

commish

I will probably look stupid but why rerolling is so important? From my experience of this gatcha games, they're really easy and you got so much, so fast you quickly forgot what you started with.

That's true for some games, definitely not true for others. In some games you can save yourself a ton of time/grief by starting with certain characters, and it makes sense to do so while you can "pick" your starting character for free.

So far this game isn't that hard, but it's also extremely new. I don't know if it matters long term. It will probably make a difference in PVP.

Also, there's something to be said by getting the character you like. If you love Sasuke, well, there you go. Gotta roll til you get him.

Lagamorph

Second roll, my Super Rare's were 5 star Ino and 5 star Sakura

I like them but.....I'll give re-roll another try I think. Only because the Tweek x Craig episode of South Park is on right now.

Pachimari

Ehh, my highest were some 4* characters like Anko and Kidomaro. If I don't want to re-roll, can I spend real on pearls to try summoning more characters?

chrono01

Ehh, my highest were some 4* characters like Anko and Kidomaro. If I don't want to re-roll, can I spend real on pearls to try summoning more characters?
You can always use pearls to summon later on, but re-rolling is really your only chance of grabbing a specific 6* character. Granted, there aren't that many in-game as of now, and we're apparently getting a guaranteed 6* banner in the next few weeks, so if you only want a single 6*, you could always just pull on that banner. No telling who you'd get though, so if you're a fan of Gaara, Kakashi, etc., you might want to re-roll until you get them.

Personally, I wanted either Gaara or Kakashi, so I re-rolled until I got one of them (that being Kakashi).

Lagamorph

Second re-roll.

Free pull, A-rank Hinata (Nice Girl)

Multi-pull, my only Super Rare was Kidomaru.

Think I'll just stick with it, can't be bothered re-rolling and going through that tutorial for the fourth time.

I've been rerolling for over a day. I saw an S-tier once, but I got too greedy and wanted to go for two because my friend got three. If any of you visit the Dokkan Battle thread, I complain about that friend a lot. :p

Zafir

Nice, did a random 5 pearl pull since I got a load from doing MP over and over, and got Haku.

I feel like I shouldn't pull anymore for quite some time, that's all my luck used for a while.
I've been rerolling for over a day. I saw an S-tier once, but I got too greedy and wanted to go for two because my friend got three. If any of you visit the Dokkan Battle thread, I complain about that friend a lot. :p

As long as you keep the two codes it gives you to transfer, you can transfer it back onto your phone.

I'd recommend just going into Other > Data Transfer, and taking a screeny or press the button to send an email/message to yourself if you do get a pull that you think you may keep.

Uthred

If you're bored of going through the tutorial and got some units you like you may want to consider grinding out some jewels via co-op for a second or third 30 stone pull (you get three discounted multi-pulls at the moment)

chrono01

It's a bit weird hearing the English dub for special attacks. I'm so used to the Japanese voices.
Same here.

It's even more strange when other Namco Bandai games, such as Treasure Cruise and Dokkan Battle, retain the original VO. Dokkan battle even lets you switch between Japanese and English, if you want, despite there not being much spoken audio in that one either (when compared to Naruto).

It could be a licensing issue, maybe?

Delio

So decided to jump on this. My first multi pull got me the Yellow Kakashi. Guess I shall stick with this for sure.

Delio

Haha, that explains it.

I'll add (or re-add) you shortly!

For sure, he's a great character. Just get a few supporting characters to go with him and you're set!

Awesome. Only other good character I picked up was Neji from the free roll they gave you.

My code is 574,314,473,115 if anyone wants to add me :)

Top Bottom