• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Worst 0/10 Completed Anime?

Fj0823

Based on the 10/10 thread, what's the animes that no man should ever experience? The kind of anime that has no redeeming values, like not even the music or a a single enjoyable moment or maybe a cool videogame adaptation...

My pick

guilty-crown-4312.jpg

Guilty Crown is just amazing, it tries to be a drama, a romance, a male power fantasy, political commentary, comedy and it fails at every turn

So this is a story about a kid that gets accidentally involved with terrorist that might actually not be bad people and they have access to a cool super power that involves an emotionally dead girl who is also like a totally famous celebrity

But then it turns out the leader is now a zombie and an asshole, and then the big boobie girl at school MC likes is noticing him, but then terrorist girl is an asshole too, oh look it's the school festival! Better invite my terrorist friends, then MC shares power with the whole class,now we go to the beach! but the power kills big boobie girl because reasons, now MC is an asshole and becomes fascist school president.

Then some bad stuff happens and MC is good again, and then...

Like holy fucking shit,all the characters are downright unlikable, with the exception of big boobies girl and wheelchair girl whose names I can't even bother to remember because of how bland they were.

The music is awful with that one fucking song going over and over everytime MC pulls a sword out of no emotion girl's chest

The plot feels like Shadow the Hedhehog meets K-ON!...like what is even going on?

I'm all for male nerd power fantasies, hell I even like shit like SAO, but this is were I draw the line. 0/10

The only sliver of value in that shit is this (kinda nsfw) gif:

5FegHxJ.gif

FMAB

Not necessarily 0/10 on it's own individual merits, but for being redundant in general and pointless to watch due to 03 being better in every way.

Based on the 10/10 thread, what's the animes that no man should ever experience? The kind of anime that has no redeeming values, like not even the music or a a single enjoyable moment or maybe a cool videogame adaptation...

But EGOIST was the best thing to come out of Guilty Crown <_<

Not

Banned
Any of the ones where women aren't people.

Oh! That reminds me, I gotta add Shirobako to the 10/10 thread.

DVCY201

FMAB

Not necessarily 0/10 on it's own individual merits, but for being redundant in general and pointless to watch due to 03 being better in every way.

I love 03, but FMAB is still an excellent anime and watching both complement each other greatly I feel.

Real Answer: Eromanga Sensei. I can't believe people defend this. It is arguably the embodiment of everything creepy about anime and otaku. I didn't even watch it, but I feel like I can make this definite statement

stryke

Godannar
Even during my early anime phase when my standards were low, it was absolutely shit and a waste of time.

I wouldn't give this a 0/10, but the original Evangelion was pretty bad, imo. Unpopular opinion, I know, but I appreciate it for what it was, and what it did in regards to its theming, but I just couldn't take all that depressing shit. To be honest, Shinji was the biggest turn off for me. I just can't get behind a protag like that and it kinda just ruined the show for me.

FMAB

ThatsBait.gif

Jarmel

Banned
Sometimes you keep watching because someone told you it gets really good or because it's a sequel to an anime you love, so you keep watching hoping it will get better

Oh, that reminds me:

1380310_English_ContinueWatchingMobile_2f4ee2e9-7457-e711-8175-020165574d09.jpg

-1i/10

Enrages me just seeing this image.

Luigi87

Sometimes you keep watching because someone told you it gets really good or because it's a sequel to an anime you love, so you keep watching hoping it will get better

Oh, that reminds me:

1380310_English_ContinueWatchingMobile_2f4ee2e9-7457-e711-8175-020165574d09.jpg

-1i/10

This is what essentially made me stop watching anime... Now I only basically will watch Gundam and Monogatari...
It triggers me...

I wouldn't give this a 0/10, but the original Evangelion was pretty bad, imo. Unpopular opinion, I know, but I appreciate it for what it was, and what it did in regards to its theming, but I just couldn't take all that depressing shit. To be honest, Shinji was the biggest turn off for me. I just can't get behind a protag like that and it kinda just ruined the show for me.

Cmon dog there are a million shows where Shinji gets in the robot and becomes a big baller, that's the point of the show.

Anyway I just wanted to say Sword Art

zulux21

this one is easy.

Jikuu Bouken Nuumamonjaa (aka the Chrono Trigger OVA)

one episode.
and that is still to many episodes.

Varna

FMAB

I prefer 03 version myself. It's actually one of the only anime things I actually like. I attempted to watch Brotherhood at one point but it just didn't really catch my attention.

My co-workers think I'm crazy when I mention this to them. They always argue that it's simply better because it follows the manga. My response is I just don't give a shit and I think the story they told works on it's own merit.

Kite

I drop shitty anime fast so the worst ones I've actually finished are meh shows like Green Green, Da Capo, Mezzo DSA and Rail Wars. The truly awful shit like Pupa, Divergence Eve, and DearS get dropped in minutes.

Xe4

Banned
Tokyo Ghoul. Fuck that show. Throw it in the damn trash.
I only finished it (or will soon) because it was on Toonami. I wouldn't watch that show on something like Crunchyroll if you paid me.

Strimei

Guilty Crown's music is pretty good, depending on how you feel about Sawano anyway (it was my introduction to him), and it is pretty gorgeously animated.

wandering

Banned
Tokyo Ghoul. Fuck that show. Throw it in the damn trash.

I have such a vendetta against the manga, and its fanbase in particular.

No, throwing in Kafka references and hidden numbers doesn't make it the best piece of modern literature in the world.

LotusHD

Banned
Anything I'd actually give a 0, I'd never bother to watch/finish, but fuck this show.

Charlotte_key.jpg

And Aldnoah Zero, especially because of this guy:

munchie64

The Asterisk War. Just the worst light novel bullshilt rolled into one anime. I watched for the tournament arc.

Big regrets.

SalvaPot

I heavily dislike Sword Art Online, I was expecting a modern take on .hack and all I got was the ultimate male fantasy...

Sword Art Online seems like it would be an easy pick, but a) the series is still going, and b) the first two episodes are decent enough to give it a minor bump from 0/10 to 1/10.

Would it be too bold of me to suggest that like 90% of harem and ecchi anime belongs here? And a good chunk of the slice of life and shounen action shows too.

I'm not a grumpy old fuck when it comes to anime... but to me, it's worse to be generic and derivative and trope-ridden with no saving grace than it is to be absolutely terrible.

Like, Musashi Gundoh is fucking trash, but at least it's SO bad it's amazing to watch.

EDIT: I'd like to argue the endless light novel adaptations shouldn't count since most of them only adapt a chunk of the source material, but otherwise you can throw them in the trash too.

Rymuth

60263.jpg

Aldonah Zero

Watched it after hearing Gaffers complain what a piece of shit it is and I was not ready.

Everyone, aside from the main character, is worthless. Every. One. How do they function without him? The military itself kneels before him, the entire army is about effective as a wet napkin and they just sit around waiting for him to save the day.

He makes Jesus Yamato look like a well-rounded character with depth.

LotusHD

Banned
60263.jpg

Aldonah Zero

Watched it after hearing Gaffers complain what a piece of shit it is and I was not ready.

Everyone, aside from the main character, is worthless. Every. One. How do they function without him? The military itself kneels before him, the entire army is about effective as a wet napkin and they just sit around waiting for him to save the day.

He makes Jesus Yamato look like a well-rounded character with depth.

Don't forget how fucking awful Slaine is

jman2050

Oreimo is a pretty special case, in that it fashions itself as mere degenerate trash when it's far more sinister than that. It's insidious the way the show actively hates the audience it's ostensibly meant to appeal to and champions every hateful, negative stereotype of anime fans it can think of while purporting to express a message of acceptance. Or put another way, "Being an anime fan makes you a terrible person but don't worry, just accept yourself for the miserable pile of filth you are and it'll be fine!" The kicker is that none of this really comes across if you've merely followed the story second-hand like I presume a lot of people have.

Also Kuroneko got completely robbed, no character deserves that kind of screw job from their author.

Guilty Crown was the biggest pile of shit filled dumpster fire mixed with rotten egg smell because everyone makes that disgusted face when they hear the title of that anime. Why did I even watch the last episode.

Another one to add to the pile is Gundam G Reco. I tried to watch it but keep dropping it. It is the worst gundam show when AGE part 3 was king of that crown for a long ass time.

I'm pretty harsh on shows so I've avoided a ton of shit over the years. Can't think of any shows I forced myself to watch besides Guilty Gear.

Sword Art became shit after Bullet portion but its not 0/10 since part 1 was good fun imo.

Top Bottom