• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

MADGAME

I'd like to see War Machine with a revamped move set. No Unibeam/repulsors, more ballistics and missiles.

Also Bishamon.
War Machine as a unique character and move set and not an alt skin of Iron Man would be most welcome.

Assuming they don't feel the need to have SFV representation I'd prefer Juri come in and replace C. Viper. She feels kinda out of place in MvsC3 with how irrelevant she wound up being in the wider SF cast, at least from my perspective. I'd be cool with Bison instead for a SF villain tho.

Just updated Thread OP with a lot of informations. a huge thanks to Neoxon and Enzo_GT for saving my arse. When we get new materials from Capcom or Marvel, I might be tempted to overhaul the OP for better. Thanks everyone for being patience with me, and I really appreciate that.
You're doing great!!

Im Blanking out on Big characters for Capcom

Nemesis
Tron Bonne

so im thinking... Victor(Darkstalker)?
Sasquatch?(Dalkstalker)
Q(SF3)?
Regenerator/IronMaiden(RE4)?
Chainsaw man(RE4) ?
Executioner Majini(RE5)?
Lupinko just posted some images of top requested Marvel character Jem befriending a Sasquatch lol

Welcome to the Family Guy?

Yeah but it's also the only interesting move Demitri has so... yeah.

Then leave him out but gimme a stage with that slammin remix from Darkstalkers

Yeah if I brought dimitri back. The move would be nothing more than a life force suck. Wouldn't have the blood or the transformations.

Just call it Leech Seed

Oh shit, let's get a SF3 character up in here, too.

Elena, please!

Absolutely not, you saw what she did to SF4!

Honestly if the roster is low 30s AND we have newcomers it really does become a question of who gets cut. Marvel side is easy (xmen and f4) but the Capcom side has 14 different series represented many of them with only 1 character but the series with multiple characters like re and sf has way more popular characters compared to those one offs. Honestly the question of representation of series vs popular characters is a valid one for a reduced roster.

As somebody that mained Gambit in XvSF, MvC1, and MvC2, and never quite found a good replacement in MvC3 (Taskmaster came the closest, and I doubt he'll be back), I think I would cancel my Netflix and pay a monthtly subscription fee to use Gambit in MvC:I if I had to. I've had dreams about playing as Gambit in a new MvC game since before MvC3 was even announced. It's real bad.

I would fork over $50 for the ragin' Cajun. Gimmie gimmie!!!

Also gimmie Rogue and Psylocke in that bundle.

nded

Im Blanking out on Big characters for Capcom

Nemesis
Tron Bonne

so im thinking... Victor(Darkstalker)?
Sasquatch?(Dalkstalker)
Q(SF3)?
Regenerator/IronMaiden(RE4)?
Chainsaw man(RE4) ?
Executioner Majini(RE5)?

As in HUEG guys?

Valgas (Power Stone)
Raizo (Rival Schools)
Birdie/Hugo (SF)
Elvis (God Hand)
Wyzen (Asura's Wrath)

Listy listy:

Iron Man
Captain Marvel
Captain America
Hulk
Spider-Man
Spider-Gwen
Groot
Star-Lord
Black Panther
Vision
MODOK
Lady Loki
Scarlet Witch
Thor (Jane Foster)
Green Goblin
Abomination
Hulkbuster
Thanos

Ryu
Megaman X
Morrigan
Chun-Li
Gene
Asura
Batsu
Hayato
Amaterasu
Rose
Jill
Captain Commando
Whoever else

Bit of a mix of who I think we'll see, and who I want to see.

MADGAME

Given that Ironman is spouting "here's my best" now, it's become a bit unlikely ):
Perhaps, but with a "huge" roster, focus on MCU, and given his popularity I'm personally not ruling him out. I reserve the right to have my dreams crushed at future date.

With MCU ideas, they could even give him that sword thing from Civil War.
Hell yes
8-cw-war-machine-4x6.jpg

Briarios

Since SFV isn't getting Sakura, I'd love to see her here with Karin for my perfect duo. They changed Sakura up enough for the 2D Vs. games that I think she could still fit in, even with Ryu.

Of course, I'd like Nova back - with him back in the Nova title proper, it makes sense with an ongoing comic. The Sam skin should be included to make everyone happy.

I'd also like to see Ms. Marvel, and I'd love Firestorm - though she's a mutant, she started with Spider-man, so I dunno where she falls in the rights situation. Sif and Medusa would be cool, too.

Edit: Oh, Akira from Rival Schools, too ... I'm dying for her to show back up.

nded

I don't know why y'all seem to want fighting game characters so bad. They're always the most boringest.

Probably because like 75% of Capcom characters are fighting game characters.

But sure, let's get Chopper Mike from RE4 in on the action. I think he even had a cameo in the MvC3 intro.

Prototype

War machine should absolutely be included.
Very easy to make him different enough from Iron Man to warrant his inclusion.
Wrist guns
Shoulder guns/mini gun
"Sword" from Civil War
Grapple and Melee moves

Probably because like 75% of Capcom characters are fighting game characters.

But sure, let's get Chopper Mike from RE4 in on the action. I think he even had a cameo in the MvC3 intro.
Yoooooo maybe if Leon gets in one of his unlockable titles can just be "MIIKE!"

I've said it in other threads, but the main thing I want roster-wise is some Power Stone representation. I'd love Falcon or Ryoma the most, but honestly, I'd take any character from Power Stone, tbh.

Also Franziska Von Karma, Squirrel Girl and Howard the Duck would be cool.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Pasting from the other thread:

Songbird (Thunderbolts)
The Runaways - [From Left to Right] Karolina Dean aka "Lucy in the Sky", Molly Hayes, Nico Minoru, Chase Stein, Gertrude Yorkes "Arsenic"
Elsa Bloodstone - (Nextwave)
Gamora (Guardians of the Galaxy)
Ms. America (The Ultimates)
Ms. Marvel
Angela (Guardians of the Galaxy)
Singularity (A Force)
Gwen Poole - Gwenpool

I didn't list Black Widow because she's obviously going to be in, and I'm confident She-Hulk is a shoe in as well.

With the X-Men DLC talk going on (thank god), here's hoping we these people ASAP.

1. Magik
2. Cyclops
3. Wolverine
4. Vampire Jubilee
5. Psylocke
6. Gambit
7. Storm
8. Magneto
9. Sentinel
10. Emma Frost

For Capcom, I don't care who we get as long as Ada Wong, Leon, Franziska von Karma, and Chun-li are included.

Harpoon

I've said it in other threads, but the main thing I want roster-wise is some Power Stone representation. I'd love Falcon or Ryoma the most, but honestly, I'd take any character from Power Stone, tbh.

Aye, that's one of the main things I want as well. I feel like Falcon or Rouge would be the likeliest.

Top Bottom