• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUILTY GEAR Xrd REV 2 |OT| Holy Smokes Baiken!

Eyepatch Baiken or scar Baiken? Hmmm.

I gravitated toward Baiken because I am left-handed with a problem with my left eye (due to an...accident), so sometimes I wear an eyepatch because I can see better with it on than otherwise outside of within a few feet.

On the other, classic Baiken is ONLY Baiken.

Wait, really!? No dub? Uhhh, I hate reading subtitles, it forces me to keep my eyes on the screen and rewind if I miss something because my dog peed on the carpet (can't do that in a video game unfortunately).

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Steam Sign is pathetic.

EU Sign is still lively. So I wouldn't be worried for Rev, especially since this time EU players that buy the game from EU store CAN play with the whole world and EU importers.

Wait, was that a thing in console SIGN? Because steam I could definitely play people from the US (even if most of the time it was a bad idea).

Type-Zero

For instance, this won't have an english dub. Because Sign bombed overseas. And the european release nightmare didn't help. (overpriced, over half a year late, broken and outdated never patched)

Oh noo! I didn't hear about this. I didn't really like the dub but I loved elphelt's voice actor she was the reason I put up with it, and I was hoping that would give it the street fighter treatment and let us choose the voices individually for each character this time. Wow this really sucks.

So uh trying out the Japanese console version and the timing feels off on a bunch of things. It feels like the game might be running too fast.

Is there a day 1 patch that's missing? You would think the download version would be the most up to date. Also I can't imagine how this would slip by any sort of QA or public demos done by pro players.

LOVE Elphelt's new look.

Story-wise, however, I'm bummed about
what she had to go through to get it, and the stuff that happens to her afterwards.
:(

So uh trying out the Japanese console version and the timing feels off on a bunch of things. It feels like the game might be running too fast.

Is there a day 1 patch that's missing? You would think the download version would be the most up to date. Also I can't imagine how this would slip by any sort of QA or public demos done by pro players.
Since the game is faster than Sign the timing is a little different.

Toxi

Banned
vymHXfo.jpg

*Kum Haehyun (DLC) - a new character who is a martial arts master. Appearing as a large, strong old man, the real Haehyun is in fact a young woman. Her outward appearance is an artificial body, Jeonryeok Kum, piloted by Haehyun from within. Kum's special attacks have multiple follow-up attacks that the player can pick depending on the situation.
This is the most Guilty Gear-y concept I have ever seen. I love it.

Xrd -SIGN-'s quite good. Fairly simple to learn the basics with a wide variety of characters to suit individual playstyle preferences, with some characters (i.e., Ky) easier to pick up than others (i.e., Zato-1). US release will be physical and digital, PS4 version going for $59.99 and PS3 for $49.99, which were also the prices for Xrd- SIGN- at launch.

Thanks.

May I know why people complain about that half story ?

You're gonna get the next part of the story FOR FREE later.

It's not like you need it day one to enjoy it ?

It's not even interactive it's literally like an anime OAV. The game has a ton of content anyway.

I'm not saying you shouldn't care about the story, but you ARE getting the full thing anyway. Just not instantly. And you do get half of it right now unlike SFV.

Also, this is a niche game. Yes we have to pay 60 bucks again for the new revisions, but the quality in the title is literally outstanding, they're one of the rare companies that still put out this kind of content, with that quality, so sadly the only thing we can do is support it.

For instance, this won't have an english dub. Because Sign bombed overseas. And the european release nightmare didn't help. (overpriced, over half a year late, broken and outdated never patched)
An ASW staffer has actually posted on GAF saying they were very happy with the NA sales. Do you have a source to the contrary?

Sayad

Is that a mechanical eye-patch?! Did they also give her a mechanical arm?
Edit: looks like that's just her eye with the scar under the eye-patch, lol. Why wear a see-through eye-patch that still shows your blind eye?! ASW pls.

Is Dizzy not in story mode this time? Surprised to not see pics of her yet.

Also, that Xrd-R story mode trailer is amazing. I am pumped now!

Interesting. He fights pretty strange tho. Not sure if he fits my playstyle.
Hit-and-run. Kind of like I-No but with weaker mixups, I think.

Has this been posted here? Story trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kElB-R7QiP8
Kinda looks like it has higher production than SIGN's, a lot more unique animation, models, 3D location and what not, could be why it wont be fully available at release.

Guess it has!
I saw it on gematsu, not sure if someone posted it before you - IMO, give it a thread. I agree the production qualities are way up this time. It's also the first time I figured out the SIGN vs. REVELATOR connection.

Eolz

Edit: looks like that's just her eye with the scar under the eye-patch, lol. Why wear a see-through eye-patch that still shows your blind eye?! ASW pls.

It's all about the cool factor!

muteki

Does this version still do the lower frame rate for intros, and higher frame rate for gameplay? I get the reasoning behind it just curious.

Sayad

Does this version still do the lower frame rate for intros, and higher frame rate for gameplay? I get the reasoning behind it just curious.
That's MKX not Xrd that did that, Xrd intros are 60fps... On PS4 at least. Characters animation runs at a lower framerate though to simulate the anime look, and that happens during both intros and gameplay.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Where's the confirmation of no english voice overs?

No English voice or text in the Japanese version. Can definitely confirm that.

I also got no matches online last night. Nobody would join when I hosted. Should have just waited for the U.S. verson, lol. :/

Zissou

Cosplay fools need depth perception too

Sayad

Ground floor for this one, kind of hope the EU online doesn't die in a month like the Steam version of SIGN.
SIGN's EU servers were decently populated at least until Revelator's demo(last I checked)... EU servers of the NA version that is. :D

But yeah, the Franch server was very active.

Asd202

So how does region lock online works in this game is it game copy based or account based? Meaning I can switch to US PSN account and play with US player on a European copy of the game bought from EU PSN?

Top Bottom