• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlantic Hurricane season 2017 |OT|

Lkr

Checked the thread thinking something might be stirring
Thread got bumped because of a pacific storm
Glad it's nothing to worry about but seeing the thread pop up got my attention

Tropical Storm Emily just formed out of nowhere on the Florida coast kinda close to Tampa.

Yeah that happened pretty quick. Looks like it will go across central florida and then out to the atlantic

143934_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

cr0w

Old Member
Yeah, we usually tend to get it pretty early here in Houston. I see the dry streak continuing this year...we may get a TS or depression, but I don't think a hurricane is in the cards.

Invest 92L hasn't developed into much, but Texas really needs to keep an eye on the remains of Harvey now because the latest models are showing it redeveloping once it gets in the the Gulf. The latest GFS run is probably the worst case scenario : a landfalling Cat 4 major hurricane happening this Friday.

UvtuNyP.png

It could also be a very slow moving system once it reaches Texas, dumping a lot of rain.

Invest 92L hasn't developed into much, but Texas really needs to keep an eye on the remains of Harvey now because the latest models are showing it redeveloping once it gets in the the Gulf. The latest GFS run is probably the worst case scenario : a landfalling Cat 4 major hurricane happening this Friday.

UvtuNyP.png

It could also be a very slow moving system once it reaches Texas, dumping a lot of rain.

Oh wow, do you have that GFS run in .gif form?

Retro

The chatter now seems to be concern over Harvey stalling, either over the gulf (and strengthening) or over Texas (and flooding).

NH Apache

Banned
KPRC (Houston's NBC affiliate) just showed their latest model run of the system and have it going to northern Mexico, not affecting Houston one bit. Meteorology is just a guessing game

yeah. That's from WAFB in Baton Rouge. It's barely been a year since the big flooding and it seems they want to err on the side of oh shit.

The latest Euro model shows this hanging around Texas for a number of days, dumping a lot rain. Would be 1-2 feet of rain in places.

Each frame is 24 hours.

A big question mark over intensity (always the hardest thing to forecast). Somewhere between a strong tropical storm and a Cat 2 hurricane looks likely at the moment.

The NAM is at the other end of the scale with this madness.

(lol)

Arcia

Banned
The latest Euro model shows this hanging around Texas for a number of days, dumping a lot rain. Would be 1-2 feet of rain in places.

A big question mark over intensity (always the hardest thing to forecast). Somewhere between a strong tropical storm and a Cat 2 hurricane looks likely at the moment.

Nooooo I hope its not as bad as this!

I'm really worried now, better stock up on supplies today.

NH Apache

Banned
Latest update shows that it'll turn left instead of right so it'll hit Mexico rather than LA. It may do a no scope 360 tho and head back to gulf.

I don't live in Texas but I do live in the Southeast. I'll be topping my gas tank off this evening just in case this thing messed up gas lines or refineries. Best wishes to those living on the Texas coast and many miles inland. This storm has terrible potential.

Top Bottom