• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Fractured but Whole |OT| Asses of Fire Emblem

Astra

This is really strange. When the game is showing me the artifact tutorial I can't do anything. All the buttons on the controller and keyboard become non-functional. The weird thing is, the on screen prompts will swap between the keyboard and controller buttons depending on which one I am pressing, so the game isn't frozen.

Does the same thing when I access the costume menu, but pressing the back button closed out of the menu, but since this is a tutorial, it's not letting me close the menu.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Does anybody know how long the free digital download promotion of Stick of Truth would last for a digital purchase of this game?

So on the xbox store the season pass is showing up, but I still can't put my gold edition season pass code in. Annoying. Especially because it seems like the towlie stuff is tied to that code for us.

I can't believe this game is finally coming out. I've had this game pre-ordered for 644 days; or 1 year, 9 months, and 5 days. It has been delayed way too many times just like Stick of Truth. I'm excited for it to finally be delivered and in my hands in only just a few more hours.

nhHpTrM.png

Saiyan-Rox

Got an email from amazon saying they're trying to obtain the steelbook edition of South Park and don't know when i'll get it...i'm furious I ordered that back in February

Chopper

Secondly, how do you interact with objects that are out of range? I have noticed some items when using the detective mode that sparkle but I can't figure out how to knock them down or anything. Throwing a fart at them does nothing.
You'll encounter quite a few things that you can't interact with initially. Don't worry about it. You unlock plenty of new abilities as you progress.

apd_ng

Having a blast right now. However I really miss the proper levels & Weapons, also dislike the new battle system feels really slow, gonna turn down the difficulty and just play for the story

getting those followers are addicting :O

N° 2048

I can't believe this game is finally coming out. I've had this game pre-ordered for 644 days; or 1 year, 9 months, and 5 days. It has been delayed way too many times just like Stick of Truth. I'm excited for it to finally be delivered and in my hands in only just a few more hours.

nhHpTrM.png

I've had this game pre ordered since June 2015 @ 49.99 (Rip E3 %30 promos).

Worth the wait.

So worth the wait.

Having a blast right now. However I really miss the proper levels & Weapons, also dislike the new battle system feels really slow, gonna turn down the difficulty and just play for the story

I miss the gear too. However I think the combat system is much better this time around. Feels like it has a bit more depth.

Anyone else's code from CDKey already redeemed?

Woke up this morning to install, and now I gotta wait on support (who are usually very good) but rahhh

shimon

No levels and weapons? Oh man :(

Veggy

Anyone else's code from CDKey already redeemed?

Woke up this morning to install, and now I gotta wait on support (who are usually very good) but rahhh

I received an email from them at like 5am (after waiting since midnight for a code) saying

"Apologies for the inconvenience. We had a slight discrepancy in our actual stock level and what was displayed on the site so as a result, we have oversold some units. Unfortunately, we're unable to confirm if/when this will get restocked. Alternatively, we can just cancel your order and issue a full refund or wait for the new stocks to arrive"

Needless to say, I ended up canceling the order and just buying it directly from uplay since for some reason the steam version has shot up from £39.99 to £49.99

Just picked it up for PS4, Stick of Truth was included as well for free in the case. Nice to get that game for the PS4 as well, might replay it again soon.

Thought that was pre-order only.

shaneo632

Just got a review code from Ubisoft. I'd given up on getting one so actually bought the game LOL. At least a friend has agreed to buy it off me for a few quid discount.

Raxious

So what class are you guys playing? Currently playing Blaster myself.

I have to agree that it's really unfortunate to see that they removed the weapons. Might just doesn't work, as so far there's no way to see whether or not I've actually increased damage etc.

I received an email from them at like 5am (after waiting since midnight for a code) saying

"Apologies for the inconvenience. We had a slight discrepancy in our actual stock level and what was displayed on the site so as a result, we have oversold some units. Unfortunately, we're unable to confirm if/when this will get restocked. Alternatively, we can just cancel your order and issue a full refund or wait for the new stocks to arrive"

Needless to say, I ended up canceling the order and just buying it directly from uplay since for some reason the steam version has shot up from £39.99 to £49.99

Man that sucks!

I'm still waiting on a response, but their website currently states in stock and instant delivery. So I'm assuming, I should still get a code.

Raxious

Wait...what?

yea, this time you can craft and find artifacts that increase your stats. You can still level up, but all it does is unlock more artifact slots. No more leveling up skills.

Like I said earlier, the downside to this is that it just doesn't seem like my character is actually gaining power. In fact, I think i'm still doing the exact same amount of damage I did 3 hours ago when i just started.

JPS Kai

yea, this time you can craft and find artifacts that increase your stats. You can still level up, but all it does is unlock more artifact slots. No more leveling up skills.

Like I said earlier, the downside to this is that it just doesn't seem like my character is actually gaining power. In fact, I think i'm still doing the exact same amount of damage I did 3 hours ago when i just started.

Your power is directly based off the Might level of your artifacts as well as
DNA modifications you unlock later on.

Also in regards to the character creation, playing a Black character
*does* affect the story in a few ways. The Night 3 mission has some notable changes depending on your skin color.

aravuus

This sounds.. Kind of interesting, actually. Usually I prefer more traditional RPG stuff, but a different approach could work for South Park pretty well.

I was gonna wait, but I think I'll just buy the game when I get home. I can juggle a million sp games no problem.

Early bug: if you go into Cartman's backyard, there's a chest at the top of a ladder. Don't climb it. You'll get stuck when climbing down and have to reload.

Wtf :/
They took the rpg out of the rpg?

Veggy

Man that sucks!

I'm still waiting on a response, but their website currently states in stock and instant delivery. So I'm assuming, I should still get a code.

My initial ticket to them was basically "where's my code, your website states it is in stock and instant delivery"

fisheyes

Played a couple of hours of this, have to say that it feels weird coming off SoT (I only played that for the first time earlier this year) and assuming things will be the same, with all the minor differences it takes a while to adjust. I know I will dig it, though.

My initial ticket to them was basically "where's my code, your website states it is in stock and instant delivery"

I just had a response saying

"sorry to hear this, have you tried restarting your pc or console?"

Really!?

I pulled Ubi chat into the thread and they've confirmed that the code was redeemed by another account at 6:45am. Just play the waiting game now.

N° 2048

I just had a response saying

"sorry to hear this, have you tried restarting your pc or console?"

Really!?

I pulled Ubi chat into the thread and they've confirmed that the code was redeemed by another account at 6:45am. Just play the waiting game now.
tumblr_mtud5kX2T71r7fahjo6_250.gif

AerialAir

Banned
Can anyone, who actually got the stick of truth in europe with this and has played it, confirm if it's censored or not? Would be much cheaper to buy EU than import, since I want physical.

JPS Kai

How long until you get access to those
DNA modifications
?

I forget if it's during
Day 2 or Day 3, but after a while, you'll start getting a lot of them (about 15 in total). They all have % increase/decrease to the four main stats as well as some offering move +1 bonuses.

For those chatting about might and levelling.

Your character does level up but you don't assign attribute points. You'll earn experience and each bit will go towards levelling your character. Might is a separate system where base stats receive bonuses depending on which artifacts you have equipped. This is where a lot of your focus should be when focusing on character build as these feed directly into combat. Also experiment with powers and team members a lot as the same loadout won't be applicable to every situation.

purbeast

I have a couple questions for you guys as I've never played a South Park game.

I am not really an RPG fan at all from the traditional sense. I don't like the JRPG games at all or the long drawn out turn based RPG's that seem to be the thing now a days. I just don't have patience for it or enjoy it anymore.

I did however recently play Golf Story on Switch and I loved it. It didn't feel like a traditional RPG game at all though (and it's not) but I enjoyed the mechanics, story, and the side missions.

As someone who is a fan of South Park, I wanted to check out Stick of Truth but never got around to it.

So I'm wondering if you guys think someone who is a fan of SP would enjoy this game even if they aren't really an RPG fan, but can enjoy games with RPG elements (like Golf Story). I'm going to pick up a PS4 Pro tonight and am debating picking this game up with it.

I'd be curious to hear anyone's take on this, thanks.

Chopper

Wtf :/
They took the rpg out of the rpg?
Nope. Not at all. They overhauled the system and it is now alot deeper, allowing for alot of build customization.

I have a couple questions for you guys as I've never played a South Park game.

I am not really an RPG fan at all from the traditional sense. I don't like the JRPG games at all or the long drawn out turn based RPG's that seem to be the thing now a days. I just don't have patience for it or enjoy it anymore.

I did however recently play Golf Story on Switch and I loved it. It didn't feel like a traditional RPG game at all though (and it's not) but I enjoyed the mechanics, story, and the side missions.

As someone who is a fan of South Park, I wanted to check out Stick of Truth but never got around to it.

So I'm wondering if you guys think someone who is a fan of SP would enjoy this game even if they aren't really an RPG fan, but can enjoy games with RPG elements (like Golf Story). I'm going to pick up a PS4 Pro tonight and am debating picking this game up with it.

I'd be curious to hear anyone's take on this, thanks.
Whilst it does have turn-based combat, it is not just a case of clicking through a menu. It is action-led and pretty strategic, using a grid system. It certainly isn't boring. And if you are fan of South Park, you will absolutely love it.

Yes but if I were you Id play stick of Truth first. Started it last night thanks to Moerser ( thx buddy! ) and its amazing.

Yes its a turn based rpg. Your love for SP wil overrule those elements tho.

purbeast

Whilst it does have turn-based combat, it is not just a case of clicking through a menu. It is action-led and pretty strategic, using a grid system. It certainly isn't boring. And if you are fan of South Park, you will absolutely love it.

Yes but if I were you Id play stick of Truth first. Started it last night thanks to Moerser ( thx buddy! ) and its amazing.

Yes its a turn based rpg. Your love for SP wil overrule those elements tho.

Does it have a lot of combat? Or is that something you kind of run into every now and then? Also how long do the battles last?

As for playing Stick of Truth first, why would you recommend that? Are the stories related? I don't think I will have time to play through both of them any time soon to be honest. I was planning on playing Fractured But Whole (if I got it) for about 2 weeks and hoping I finish it, in time for Mario Odyssey.

ZombAid82

Mine still hasn't shipped from Amazon.UK and I live in Germany, so I play my most hated game a little more: The Waiting Game!

Does it have a lot of combat? Or is that something you kind of run into every now and then? Also how long do the battles last?

As for playing Stick of Truth first, why would you recommend that? Are the stories related? I don't think I will have time to play through both of them any time soon to be honest. I was planning on playing Fractured But Whole (if I got it) for about 2 weeks and hoping I finish it, in time for Mario Odyssey.

I don't think the stories are really related, but its much cheaper and will give you an insight as to what kind of gameplay you can expect.

There is a LOT of combat tho. That was certainly a minor gripe I had with SoT.

Top Bottom