• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

Boke1879

June is stacked as fuck, WB shouldve relased the movie in March tbh as i said awhile ago

I don't think that matters much.

It's Summer and people are out of school. So you'll probably see more people go during the week as well. If it reviews well it should have a strong OW. If it's good. WOM should help it.

J_Viper

Wonder Woman is really good. Like, Winter Soldier good. One of the great superhero origin movies along with Batman Begins.

entrada-express-oportunidad-tu-vida-L-4SMeEu.jpeg

ReiGun

Yeah Doctor Poison was dope.

A very understated, but unsettling baddie.

Edit: As long as we're talking villains, there was one character I realllllly wanted to be Paula von Gunther. Unfortunately, they don't say her name. lol

shingi70

Banned
Just some some non spoiler ish yes or no questions.

Any tie into Justice League?

Any reference 2 the new gods?

Any set up for a potential WW2?

ReiGun

Answer to shingi and Major's questions is no. As far as universe ties,
Bruce Wayne sends Diana the original photo with her, Steve, and their platoon

Another thing I want to say about the movie is that Wonder Woman in this is the most purely heroic character we've seen since Chris Evans Captain America. And I know I've made that comparison already, but it bears repeating. Diana is truly selfless, compassionate, loving, and driven purely by her desire to help others.

This is that classic Chris Reeves superheroism, fam. I love it.
One funny moment I will mention in spoiler tags,
Diana telling Steve how men aren't necessary or ideal for sexual pleasure.

My theater was DYING at that scene. Especially the women.

Dead

well not really...yet
Answer to shingi and Major's questions is no. As far as universe ties,
Bruce Wayne is the sends Diana the original photo with her, Steve, and their platoon

Another thing I want to say about the movie is that Wonder Woman in this is the most purely heroic character we've seen since Chris Evans Captain America. And I know I've made that comparison already, but it bears repeating. Diana is truly selfless, compassionate, loving, and driven purely by her desire to help others.
Those are the emotions that I had a feeling Gal would nail. I saw all that in her in BvS to be honest and I was on board with Zack's casting.

Penguin

Oh but remember fan impressions are usually always positive!

Also since others have touched on the bigger things

The supporting cast is amazing in this
Etta was great, wish she had a bit more screentime though.
Steve's gang was a lot of fun, but again didn't delve too much into their personal history.
Dr. Poison was something else.

and The Amazons! Oh The Amazons

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement

Steve's gang was a lot of fun, but again didn't delve too much into their personal history.

Third act be damned. This is enough for me.

Did any of the amazons outside Antiope, Hippolyta, Menalippe and Diana get any decent speaking parts/screentime? Specifically Euboea (played by Samantha Jo), Artemis (played by Ann Wolfe), and Phillipus (Ann Ogbombo)?

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Third act be damned. This is enough for me.

It's not even the third act, more like the 1/3s of the third act. It's like Megan Foxx's ugly thumb, it's there and it's not good, but it's whatever when you look at the full picture.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
It's not even the third act, more like the 1/3s of the third act. It's like Megan Foxx's ugly thumb, it's there and it's not good, but it's whatever when you look at the full picture.
Awesome. I can deal with 10 minutes of mediocrity if the rest of the film is solid.

Top Bottom