• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

My first pair of Chelsea boots. Been trying to mix up my style lately from the Ultra Boost I've been wearing.

Plaid button-ups and distressed denim are my jam right now.

I like the plaid. I am late to the game but I would like to start rocking them. Any place in particular I should check out? Prolly can just hit up Uniqlo or something.

I just cut a shirt open while cutting the package open....................................

It was nice too................

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Haven't felt this stupid in a long fucking time. Almost 200$ down the drain.

Just when I told myself I was going to cut on expenses. Didn't think I'd do it literally.

edit: Man it was really nice, fits nicely, except for the huge gap in the shoulder.

:(

edit2: Looking at the package, they packed the sweat in a big thick yellow envelope, then taped it folded on itself. No wonder I ended up cutting through it, wtf, never saw such stupid packaging, just use a goddamn box. Fucking cheap. Emailed them pictures, doubt I'll get any refund, plus I couldn't even buy it back anyway it's out of stock everywhere.

rip

sorry fam =/

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Picked up one of the new(ish) Adidas/Wings + Horns knitted tees. Quality is excellent, fit is spot-on, lots of nice touches like the three different knit patterns, split bottom hem (solves a typical pet peeve of mine: ribbed waist on shirts that hug your body shape), and pretty subtle branding.

14j8oOz.jpg
1Tv4WXk.jpg

Definitely heftier than a standard t-shirt, but still loose and breathable enough for the Seattle summer.

Picked up a Belstaff Trialmaster today.

Not exactly the season for it but had been eyeing it up for a while. Anybody have any tips/experience in reproofing waxed jackets?

ya get em warm and rewax them, hair dryer works.

it's kinda like putting conditioner on leather.

don't ever put your jacket in the wash either but I'm sure you know this.

my wax tin cloth jacket: filson cruiser

kiyomi

Picked up one of the new(ish) Adidas/Wings + Horns knitted tees. Quality is excellent, fit is spot-on, lots of nice touches like the three different knit patterns, split bottom hem (solves a typical pet peeve of mine: ribbed waist on shirts that hug your body shape), and pretty subtle branding.

Definitely heftier than a standard t-shirt, but still loose and breathable enough for the Seattle summer.

Looks way nicer in your pics than in the studio lighting. Nice pickup!

ya get em warm and rewax them, hair dryer works.

it's kinda like putting conditioner on leather.

don't ever put your jacket in the wash either but I'm sure you know this.

my wax tin cloth jacket: filson cruiser

Thanks. I read somewhere it needs to be kept somewhere warm for a few hours even after you rewax...?

Not necessarily not. Depends on your outfit I guess.

Not the same obviously, but it can be done.

Sneakers like those go higher so that would work. With your shoes, maybe not? I don't wear dress shoes so I don't know.

I'll be wearing it mostly with button downs. I thought it looked pretty short but did some looking around and it seems acceptable to wear with wingtips.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/da/cb/02/dacb02f3222e53555d7652c81bafc02f.jpg

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Definitely not too short, unless your workplace is exceptionally conservative, I guess. Showing that much sock and ankle is quite common now, and high-cropped pants are on the racks at a lot of shops.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
what color achilles low is it

everything from the "new" collection looks pretty much like the old collection that's half off on ssense, so idk why a person would ever ever pay retail for CPs when it's all marked down so regularly

So from the looks of things, it appears the best flannels come from Portugal.

Pladra used flannel from Portugal (manufactures in the USA), as does Johnson Woolen Mills for their cotton flannel.

I am curious on the brand Portugese Flannel. What do people here know about It? It looks to be high quality.

Normally I try and but strictly USA made but since most flannel is made of imported fabric these days, I figure let me try these guys.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
41 is the size. Its a little long but my friends broken in 40s are too small of a toe box.

I also picked up his story et fall chelseas so my feet hate me this week. AMA on Story et fall I suppose?

barnone

Anyone have some website/twitter/blog that recommends clothes and deals? I have trouble staying uptodate with online deals.

acohrs

Does anyone in here lift weights?

How did your sizing change? In what measurements, how much and what was your bf% through it all?

Waist didn't change, shoulder size did. Went from l to xl in tops. Can't wear slim or skinny stuff anymore without stretch or going a full size up

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
Commons came in.

Pretty upset tbh. 40 seemed too small as I tried a worn in pair belonging to my friend.

41 is pretty big, even with regular socks. No shows make them feel incredibly big. Not thrilled to be returning these to the UK since I don't know how much it will cost.

Ugh

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
European shoe sizes are weird. I bought some Filling Pieces before, 43 EU, supposed to equal to 10US, but was clearly bigger. If I go to 42EU, then that's supposedly 9US, but I'm not going under 10. So unless I can order and return for free I give up on the brand.

Any recommendations on where to go for blazers? I'm looking to add one or two to my wardrobe so I'll have some slightly dressier options for work and/or dates, but having never actually shopped for a blazer before I don't really know where to even begin.

h3ro

Any recommendations on where to go for blazers? I'm looking to add one or two to my wardrobe so I'll have some slightly dressier options for work and/or dates, but having never actually shopped for a blazer before I don't really know where to even begin.

Depends on your budget. If you're looking for quality fabrics from good mills and are able to spend around $400 or so, I'd highly recommend Suit Supply or Bonobos.

Oxn

what do you guys think of the john elliott "villain" hoodie?

comes in dune (shown above), black, and heather gray

anyone know any other brands that do high quality slim fit hoodies?

Well ive been wanting it for a while now. Not gonna pay for it though.

Zekes!

what do you guys think of the john elliott "villain" hoodie?

comes in dune (shown above), black, and heather gray

anyone know any other brands that do high quality slim fit hoodies?

I own one. I used to get a ton on compliments and people asking me where I got it a few years ago. I haven't work it a lot lately (I only have a few shirts that look good with it), but I wore it a ton in the past. The quality has been top notch and has held up for years. I wouldn't buy one nowadays because the Canadian price is too much. Been wanting the Flash Dual Zip for ages but can't justify it right now.

Oxn

I have a black and a gray one, pretty much the best hoodies I ever owned.

Stahp man

Anyways if i do get tempted should i buy tts?

For example i buy hoodies at XS. Since this is considered a slim hoodies should i go with S?

These sizings are scary for a $200 hoodie

kiyomi

Stahp man

Anyways if i do get tempted should i buy tts?

For example i buy hoodies at XS. Since this is considered a slim hoodies should i go with S?

These sizings are scary for a $200 hoodie

Buy two sizes and return the one that doesn't fit. Ez.

Top Bottom