• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pics that don't make you laugh but are still cool

revolverjgw said:
SIR3c.jpg
That is an awesome gravestone.

Blutonium said:
Here's a few GIGApixel pictures, they're huge and you can zoom in to quite some detail.

*links*
Sorry for the noob question, but when you go on sites like that, it doesn't eat all your bandwidth, does it?

Spaceship Earth is my favorite part of all of Walt Disney World. Took this picture myself late last year actually.

7Xa4G.jpg

Edit: Man Imgur really throws in quite a bit of JPEG artifacting doesn't it?

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Ok not nearly as cool as some of the pics in this thread, but a while ago I started scanning my parents old pictures from when we lived in various places and a bunch of them I thought were really neat. Ill throw a few on here.

41dAI.jpg

P0jTj.jpg

RecMh.jpg

JmXPk.jpg

It's hard to tell here, but I love that there is nothing but mountains outside the window, definitely a "holy shit" moment.
CbMDg.jpg

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Subways aren't tagged like that anymore, right? Thats unfortunate since it gives them so much character. I need to get that book.

East Lake

BlueTsunami said:
Subways aren't tagged like that anymore, right? Thats unfortunate since it gives them so much character. I need to get that book.
I couldn't say for sure but I'd imagine they aren't, these pics are from the 80s. The book is selling for like 450 bucks and above. :/

soultron

Banned
Nah, subways aren't tagged up like that anymore. The 70s and 80s were rough because that was the explosion in popularity of graffiti in places like NYC. Though it's still a staple in major cities, I'd say it's nowhere near as popular as it once was.

IIRC, the graffiti trend caused major cities like NYC to get new cars with finishes, inside and out, that would make removing graffiti even easier, so as to discourage people from doing it in the first place.

You can watch one of the best graffiti documentaries, Style Wars, here. It was shot at a time when graffiti was exploding, so you'll see lots of cars in it that resemble the pictures in this thread.

Top Bottom