• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT3| The Token King

GazzaGSi

Man, raining exotics for me tonight and boosted my PL from 300 to 302. Did the Crucible milestone and got an exotic from shaxx, cashed in the tokens from the matches and challenges which gave another exotic and then ran my first public event of the night for the third exotic!

Quick question, got a Skyburners Oath. Is this any good as I'm considering infusing it to boost my Nameless Midnight or Manannan SR4. Thanks

IB isn't based on power level now? Not surprising.

I like the armor sets although they seem a little rehashed. They look good though otherwise.

Twitchcon (on October 20th) should bring some interesting news with the "seasons".

SMOK3Y

Generous Member
Man, raining exotics for me tonight and boosted my PL from 300 to 302. Did the Crucible milestone and got an exotic from shaxx, cashed in the tokens from the matches and challenges which gave another exotic and then ran my first public event of the night for the third exotic!

Quick question, got a Skyburners Oath. Is this any good as I'm considering infusing it to boost my Nameless Midnight or Manannan SR4. Thanks
I like it really auto or single scout really tears through things

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like my classes / subclasses are pretty much locked now.

Stormcaller Warlock with with Healing Rift / Pulse Grenade / Atunement of the Elements running Lunefaction Boots.
Striker Titan with Towering Barricade / Pulse Grenade / Code of the Earthshaker running Actium War Rig.
Nightstalker Hunter with Marksman's Dodge / Vortex Grenade / Way of the Trapper running Orpheus Rig.

Now to grind Io for what seems to be pretty much the only Hunter gear in the game with actual Recovery on it. .-.

Is the game worth it for the single player, and just playing the online portion casually? I keep going back and forth on buying it for PC, and I didn't play the first game. I'm happy with the grind but stuff like the raids seems a bit beyond my skill level, and most of my friends don't play games so I can't organise a team to play that stuff.

The raid sucks so you're not missing out on anything.
And I've mostly played it solo while listening to podcasts for about 100 or so hours now.

Woohoo, finally a worthwhile Hunter's cloak as that Iron Banner one is easily the best looking cloak in Destiny 2. It will never drop for me...

raindoc

290something Titan and I‘d love to finally tackle the Raid. Tomorrow’s my birthday, the gf’s asleep, I don’t have to work and I‘ve got a sixpack of cans containing too sugary liquids to keep me wake - the motivation is high. Does anyone have a free slot in his group?

SMOK3Y

Generous Member
IB isn't based on power level now? Not surprising.

I like the armor sets although they seem a little rehashed. They look good though otherwise.
Tbh way too many rehashed items & its like D1 exotics you get same one about 10 times in a row & its base power is just about always too low to boost anything really starting to shit me

That Warlock bond is sexy too.

If the Hunter armor doesn't offer recovery I'll be salty.

Pretty sure this is by design for the Hunter class and won't see a change until the first expansion if at all unless I'm wrong and there are current ways to boost the recovery on Hunters in significant ways.

Jblanks

All the armor looks good, but the Hunter IB armor is the worst...again.

Wait Power Level doesn't matter for IB?? What..

JHall

That Warlock bond is sexy too.

Pretty sure this is by design for the Hunter class and won't see a change until the first expansion if at all unless I'm wrong and there are current ways to boost the recovery on Hunters in significant ways.

Io, Trials, and FWC armor sets are survivalist. Meaning they boost recovery.

Of course they would do something as stupid as releasing 2 events on the same day, it's like they don't even care to hype things up, they already know they are shit.

Also, why are people shocked with the Calus "glitch", the same mechanic did weird things to D1 fights, for example Aksis didn't teleport and you could kill him in the spot.

Can i just say this week's NF has been total bullshit. I cant even do it on normal and im a 290 titan. Once the crystals glitched and the other time we ran outta time because we kept getting rolled by the the ads. ugh.

guess i gotta keep gettin gud.

noomi

OT title is boss, well done.

Surprised there is no PL increase with prestige raid.

I guess once PC comes around all modes will be unlocked...

FyreWulff

Yeah.. everyone pretty much mooted the power level advantage in D1 anyway, most people didn't go in unless they were max light or were so close it didn't matter.

They still gate it behind finishing the campaign though, so people coming into IB will all be familiar with the game. That's pretty much what the LL requirement did for IB in D1, anyway.

Roussow

Can you look at faction inventories in-game? Everytime I try to inspect them it just says it's unavailible. I want to see what weapons are on offer so I can just grind specific tokens to go after that weapon.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Iron_Banner_Gear.gif

I saw some Samurai themed concept art floating around but I always assumed it was fan art.

This is neat but I don't find it that appealing lol :/

E92 M3

350 will only be a small climb I'm guessing, unless Bungie really RNG the RNG and add some time gates, which I'm guessing they won't do, as the keep it cool, keep it casual is the flow of the game

As I said, there won't be any level increase with the prestige raid - it would have been crazy. It's always best to stick to facts that we can verify instead of constantly talking about a level increase that was never happening.

We will get a cap increase with the next DLC.

Mindlog

To summarize: Warlock Glide > Titan 'destiny 2 whatever the hell it's called anything but the old awesome skating'

I really like it vs Cabal and especially majors, but Nameless Midnight and Manannan are both really good as well. In the baths 1 grenade and auto-hipfired Skyburner's = dead bather. There's no wrong decision.

Liamc723

As I said, there won't be any level increase with the prestige raid - it would have been crazy. It's always best to stick to facts that we can verify instead of constantly talking about a level increase that was never happening.

We will get a cap increase with the next DLC.

Are you talking about power level or going past 20?

Because the prestige raid will take us past power level 305.

Are you talking about power level or going past 20?

Because the prestige raid will take us past power level 305.

From TWAB:

Our goal is not to provide a boon to your character progression, but there are unique rewards to help you shine.

This straight up says it will not progress characters but instead change looks. So maybe new/altered armor but not a boost to LL.

PepperedHam

Those new Iron Banner sets have rocketed to some of my favorite Destiny sets. I absolutely love that Warlock set damn. Can't wait to try out different shaders with these.

GazzaGSi

I like it really auto or single scout really tears through things

I really like it vs Cabal and especially majors, but Nameless Midnight and Manannan are both really good as well. In the baths 1 grenade and auto-hipfired Skyburner's = dead bather. There's no wrong decision.

Great thanks, I'll keep hold of it and wait until I get something else to bump the PL of the others up :)

Trakan

I think they went a little too crazy with the IB logos on the armor this time. Does it need SEVEN?

Are there no IB weapons? That's really lame if true.

IB armour looks dope. But if my luck is the same as factions i will miss on some of it. Managed to get the full NM for my Titan, but missed some of the DO and FWC on warlock and hunter. Damm you RNG

Top Bottom