• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alcatraz |OT| The Island is Over There

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamanon

Banned
Soto activating his Secret Badass power these two episodes.

And this episode is totally going to end with them opening the door and finding the Warden isn't it?

Mindlog

Scion TC!
Scion TC!
Scion TC!

I wonder how much that ad set Ford back.
and I get an answer with some incredibly cheap effects.

B.K.

And this episode is totally going to end with them opening the door and finding the Warden isn't it?

I'm expecting them to find the Warden or his corpse. IF they get to open it. There's only 10 minutes left. They might not open the door in this episode.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I can see why this won't make it. Letting yourself get stabbed, in that position....ugh. Kneecap grandpa!

Apoc29

Laughing science man was behind the door. That's...not an answer to anything.

Blonde chick must have inherited some of that silver blood from her grandpa which will bring her back to life. Not that anyone cares.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
The odds are the show will be cancelled and that's how they f-ing end it :| wtf

Lonestar

can anyone summarize the plot and what happened? seems like I shouldn't watch the finale since it will be cancelled?

1st Episode
Build up Master Thief Inmate
Have Master Thief Inmate plan to steal a box
In the box, is a smaller box, that has a key. The Warden's Key
Immediately gets shot by another inmate, who takes the key

2nd Episode
Inmate with key locks himself in a mental ward.
Tommy/Grandfather inmate, kidnaps a lady doctor who works in mental hospital, to break in and get key. Gets interrupted by Defensetration. And Cop Granddaughter.
Cliche Car chase through San Franscico happens, while Hugo and Dr. Grant find the key on the dead inmate.
Granddaughter stupidedly lets Grandfather stab her.
Hugo waits on Granddaughter, gives the key to Dr. Grant.
Dr. Grant opens Uber Prison Door, finds The Hatch, but this time, has "that guy I've seen in movies before" who laugh's maniacally.
Granddaughter Dies

The End.

markatisu

Man WTH, Rebecca is dead on the table, we still did not see the Warden and the laughing dude was locked in the vault

You would think facing cancellation they would have ended it better than that, I understand leaving a cliffhanger in case you get renewed but WTF was that?!?!

daffy

Banned
I don't know how American tv works, how would we know it's future like the people saying it will be cancelled.

Lonestar

I don't know how American tv works, how would we know it's future like the people saying it will be cancelled.

If you're asking "how do we know it's cancelled"

We don't, not 100%. But given extremely low ratings + higher budget production (though not Terra Nova level), doesn't bode well.

Zoe

If you're asking "how do we know it's cancelled"

We don't, not 100%. But given extremely low ratings + higher budget production (though not Terra Nova level), doesn't bode well.

At least they have an excuse for not shooting on location anymore.

markatisu

Just an assumption at this point but low ratings and high cost usually does not bode well. Throw in the fact that FOX has a 20 year history of cancelling things even when they do OK and you are best to expect it to be cancelled.

I hope it gets another season and moves the day, I think it would be better later in the week instead of lead off on Monday up against CBS and NBC

ivysaur12

Banned
Man WTH, Rebecca is dead on the table, we still did not see the Warden and the laughing dude was locked in the vault

You would think facing cancellation they would have ended it better than that, I understand leaving a cliffhanger in case you get renewed but WTF was that?!?!

They probably had no idea when they wrote the episode. And up until the 3rd, it looked super safe for renewal.

No idea what their production schedule was like, but the finale was probably written over two months ago.

aparisi2274

I have a feeling that if we do get a S2, they are going to inject her with that tainted blood and bring her back somehow.....

aparisi2274

tvbythenumbers said:
The two hours of the Alcatraz season finale each scored a season/series low 1.5 adults 18-49 rating, vs. a 1.6 rating last week for its single hour.

Well, this seems to be the final nail in the coffin for a S2. I still wish FOX would give them a shortened season, maybe another 12 eps, to just close it all out and let them finish telling the story.

Perfect ending. Death of a horrible shitty lead. No doubt if it does get renewed she would be back, but really she shouldn't. Worst part of the show. Lame ass secret behind the door too. That's on the same level as that gold reveal. Both shitty surprises.

I really don't see what was so awful about her.

Bad acting, bland, boring, no charisma. Just a huge set of tits which she always kept covered up for the most part. What's the point? Horrible casting. Made even worse by the bad writing which gave the audience no reason to care about her.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Bad acting, bland, boring, no charisma. Just a huge set of tits which she always kept covered up for the most part. What's the point? Horrible casting. Made even worse by the bad writing which gave the audience no reason to care about her.

I don't hate her, but she really is the least interesting character on the entire show. I didn't see the finale and from the sounds of it I'm not going to bother to watch it either.

If they do get a season two though I would almost like to see her stay dead and have Hurley carry on with Sam Neil as his partner. The two of them as a duo would seem more interesting to me. Although with the ratings it's getting I don't think we'll be seeing a season two...

the episode was worth watching for the car chase alone, that was incredible. well, until the black car spazzed out with the mad flips...

oatmeal

Banned
Car scene was great. I said "that's where the budget for this episode went". So much better than most TV shows.

Ending was pretty interesting. Clearly Rebecca won't die. But Tommy Madsen's blood can't be in her, since his son (Becca's dad) was already born before he got the injections.

So maybe late injection will save her, just like the hot doctor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom