• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neilsen: iPad & Wii U most wanted gifts in NA, 3DS 1% point above Vita for ages 13+

I think this pretty much just shows that the teenage market for deducated handhelds is basically non existent. It also explains a lot of the 3DS's woes with the software being so expensive. Going forward, kids have to be the target market for dedicated handhelds and Nintendo needs to work at getting the prices down. I don't know what Sony has planned for Vita, but it's obvious now that stuff like Killzone, Call of Duty, and AC aren't going to help.

My 2 year old loves the iPad.

I ripped the first season of Backyardigans and put it on there for her, and she watches Toopy and Binoo on Youtube. It also has simple games that she can play. She almost never watches tv but uses the iPad daily (unless I "forget" to charge it).

Get used to this guys. This is the generation were 2 and 3 year old children are experts at navigating tablets and smartphones.

mujun

My 2 year old loves the iPad.

I ripped the first season of Backyardigans and put it on there for her, and she watches Toopy and Binoo on Youtube. It also has simple games that she can play. She almost never watches tv but uses the iPad daily (unless I "forget" to charge it).

Get used to this guys. This is the generation were 2 and 3 year old children are experts at navigating tablets and smartphones.

Yep, my 2 year old loves Toca Train on the iphone. Also somehow knows how to boot up games himself, take photos and call people he is not meant to :)

I think this pretty much just shows that the teenage market for deducated handhelds is basically non existent. It also explains a lot of the 3DS's woes with the software being so expensive. Going forward, kids have to be the target market for dedicated handhelds and Nintendo needs to work at getting the prices down. I don't know what Sony has planned for Vita, but it's obvious now that stuff like Killzone, Call of Duty, and AC aren't going to help.

Completely agreed, and I've been harping on this for a while now. I don't think there's been a hit Western handheld title aimed at that audience since Chains of Olympus, and these numbers indicate that that's not going to change.

Mirror of Fate is also all but certain to bomb, though that's just about the only upcoming Western 3DS release I can think of aimed at that audience.

JDSN

Banned
Some great cognitive dissonance on the first page of the thread.

Feels like 2006 all over again.

Edit: With some hilarious "Kids this days" shit throw in.

My 2 year old nephew is a boss with an iPhone

He searches YouTube for Wiggles videos, sends texts and passes it off when phone calls are coming in

I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted one of his own in a couple years

Kids now are pretty clever

Top Bottom