• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: Breath of the Wild "OMG I didn't know you could do that!" thread [SPOILERS]

you can reflect guardian's laser to them with the parry!
You can reflect any projectile this way. It just isn't worth doing for most things, but I think your shield takes no damage if you do it (and if you do it to rocks and stuff, you'll send them flying straight back at whomever threw them at you, faster than you would if you just block it).

It also knocks enemies over if you use it to parry melee attacks, but it's better to side-step and use a flurry counter.

Efejota

There is a Great Fairy that can bring them back
It was the first one I found. Creppy (toilet) hand angrily asking for tons of rupees when I didn't even know you could sell stuff.

To contribute, you can do the rotating puzzle thing sideways too.

The first thing I did when I got the skelleton horse was taking it to the stable. I didn't expect them to take it in but I was glad that there was a dialogue for it. I was taking pics and thinking that it'd been fun I they actually let me keep it when suddenly BOOM.

You can put octorocks into a raft and have it set off with you on top. It's majestic.

Also frozen meat giving you heat resistance. And white doves can drop XXL meat for some reason.

Cuburt

You can reflect any projectile this way. It just isn't worth doing for most things, but I think your shield takes no damage if you do it (and if you do it to rocks and stuff, you'll send them flying straight back at whomever threw them at you, faster than you would if you just block it).

It also knocks enemies over if you use it to parry melee attacks, but it's better to side-step and use a flurry counter.

I parried an arrow once. I don't think it flew back to hit the enemy though or at least I couldn't see it if it did.

If you grab some honeycomb, and the bees start chasing you, pathing them over any sort of open flame (with smoke) will instantly incapacitate the bees.

"Smoking out" bees is done in real life to immobilize bees when extracting honey.

I think collecting honeycombs in the rain keeps the bees from appearing, too. Either that, or I've just come across hives without bees...and only while it's raining.

AaronMT86

At around 11PM~12AM, take high ground really high up and look at the moon. You will often see a shooting star and a yellow trail of a fragment land somewhere in the distance. Go grab that fragment and keep it for upgrading armor.

Cindro

If you get killed by ice (frozen to death from an Ice Wizzrobe, for example), the "Game Over" text will be a frosty blue color, instead of the usual red.

jdstorm

Banned
Was aproaching a moblin camp near a lake under leveled and low on gear, so i was trying to stealth by.

Used my Cryo power to continually create blocks that acted as a moving screen that obscured me from view. Which allowed me to stealth past enemies until i got close enough to steal an overpowered sword away from sleeping enemies with Magnesis

As I approached a shrine surrounded by thorns I frightened some little blue birds. They flew right in to the thorns and died; dropping the nut items.

Coolest thing I've found is you can ride the skeleton horses that enemies use. You can't register them, which is kind of a bummer, but I still thought it was pretty cool.

Kyzon

If you manage to kill the male Yoga clan members you can pick up their sword. It shoots beans of wind with every slice.

My favorite weapon in the game!

It's different from most other examples as this probably wasn't intended, but I got a good laugh out of this one.

On one of the gyro ball maze shrines, I got frustrated and spun my controller around wildly, sending the ball flying off the maze. I waited a few moments but another one didn't come out. Thought the game had bugged out so I exited the gyro puzzle and was about to exit and re-enter the shrine when I bumped into the ball which had miraculously landed right behind me on the platform.

There was a clear path to the keyhole so I ended up just pushing the ball normally and skipping the puzzle completely.

bronson

Collected a bunch of this kind of cool stuff for an article this week. Some of my faves:

Link's idle animation when he's shirtless
ZY3cLh8.gif

Recipe posters are found inside every stable:

Some NPCs have special dialogue when you're shirtless:

If you translate the Sheikah text above the Memory Photos, you can find out where they were taken

Mortemis

Banned
Throwing a rusty weapon into a those baloon enemies (forgot their name) will net you a new weapon. They will chew on it and spit them out brand new. You can also repair damaged weapons that way.

You got me fuuuuucked up. Especially at that last bit.

brad-t

oh man, that fight must have sucked for you. I thought this was a really neat use of the cryonis rune.

I realized immediately after finishing the boss that I should've been using Cryonis T_T Spent so many arrows! Looking forward to having a shot at a redo.

Rynam

Any type of shield even a pot lid. Takes three perfect parries. If you mess one up shield automatically breaks

Just use Ancient Shields you can buy in the Lab in Akkale, that one reflects the Laser back to laser shooting enemies without breaking, even if you mess up perfect parries.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Just use Ancient Shields you can buy in the Lab in Akkale, that one reflects the Laser back to laser shooting enemies without breaking, even if you mess up perfect parries.
You can still break it if your timing is wonky, I definitely destroyed at least one guardian shield trying to parry the beams.

Parrying guardian beams was the big one for me. Accidentally parried one with a pot lid because i pressed the wrong button at the exact right moment.... its my new favorite mechanic in the entire game. The animation slowdown and sound are amazing.

DMONKUMA

Throwing a rusty weapon into a those baloon enemies (forgot their name) will net you a new weapon. They will chew on it and spit them out brand new. You can also repair damaged weapons that way.

Woah what! Damn gonna try this.

Ah ok it doesn't repair weapons.

Wait it works with non-rusty weapons too?! Ok well, that's a game changer...

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Does anyone know how long it takes the shops in the villages to get arrows back for sale after you buy them all? I'm going on 28 hours and they are all still empty.

You can one shot Wizzrobes they all have a weakness.

Fire arrow beats Ice Wizzrobe
Ice arrow beats Fire Wizzrobe

Im not sure of this but maybe Bomb arrow would take out the lightning one I haven't tried this one.

PHIN12

Neo Member
You can one shot Wizzrobes they all have a weakness.

Yeah i believe this carries over to the fire lizalfos and stuff as well. One shot with the correct elemental weakness and they just vanish in one hit! I noticed this on death mountain when i had an ice great sword out against them.

Yeah i believe this carries over to the fire lizalfos and stuff as well. One shot with the correct elemental weakness and they just vanish in one hit! I noticed this on death mountain when i had an ice great sword out against them.

Yes, it works with all (normal sized) ice and fire enemies.

On that note, I'm pretty sure you can't kill Fire Keese with fire arrows, nor Ice Keese with ice arrows. Goes right through them.

Top Bottom