• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[ps3] F1 Championship Edition

Sysgen

pandabear14 said:
I think a lot of people get the misconception that because the PS3 does not scale 720p to 1080i or scale 1080i to 720p that they will not get the true HD resolution. Some people may have CRTs which can only display 1080i or plasmas/rptvs that can only display in 720p. However this does not mean they cannot accept the 720p or 1080i signal, unless your tv is very old. If you bought your HDTV in the past 5-8 years, you are fine. A 1080i native tv will simply recieve the 720p signal and scale it to 1080i and vise versa.

I bought my Sony hdtv which does accept 720P but sclaes it to 1080i early 2005 because the Philips that I could of gotten a discount on did not accept a 720p signal and did not scale it either to 1080i. I'm pretty sure of this because it took me sometime to find the a TV that at least scaled 720P. The point is that your 5-8 years statement is ridiculous. TV's only 2 years ago were not accepting 720P signals and not upscaling them either.

Ceb

Might be a good idea to post the details again:

# The 2006 Season – Featuring all the official cars, circuits, drivers and teams of the 2006 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, including SCUDERIA TORRO ROSSO, SUPER AGURI F1 TEAM and MIDLAND F1 RACING.

# Next Generation Experience – Greater processing power on the PS3 system and Blu-ray technology enables high definition visuals, full surround sound, extensive circuit details and lighting effects, progressive dirt and car damage make for the most realistic racing experience to date.

# Wireless Motion Sensing Technology - The PLAYSTATION 3’s SIXAXIS controller utilizes Bluetooth technology to detect natural and intuitive movements for real-time and high precision interactive play. Gamers can opt to drive the vehicles in Formula One Championship Edition by simply moving the SIXAXIS controller.

# Race Online – bring your racing skills online and race your friends at speeds over 200 mph. Complete online feature set includes stat tracking and leaderboards.

# True Realism – Feel the buzz of the paddock and the excitement of race day with authentic pre-race car preparations. Warm up your tires and get ready for the race with the parade lap.

# Live Action Racing – Experience the real pressure of a GRAND PRIX race thanks to unexpected collisions and race incidents.

# Introduction of the Safety Car – Choose the correct race strategy when the safety car is out: will you make an early pit stop to avoid being stuck in the traffic?

Dazzyman

Few questions...

The penalty on/off - I have noticed when it is on it kicks a timer if i go off the track etc.. or overtake on yellow but can you still get disqualified? Same for when it is off is it left to your own devices if you dont overtake under yellow (and suffer the concequences) or does off mean you can cut every chicane and cheat?
Just wondering with the above as it kicks in even when you do not cheat sometimes if you use the full rumble strip on say 2nd two last corner (chicane) at Monza.

Is the saftety car in the JPN version?

On page 20 of the manual their is a few flags what I dont understand what pop up if anyone can give us the meaning for them...

Black with Orange in the middle?
Yellow and Orange Stripes?
Black and white half/half?

On the tyre icon it has a number next to it is that % left, or heat temperature or PSI etc..
also at the bottom middle of that car box their is a green bar is that the engine?

Their is also two boxes next to it, I understand one is TC but the other for brake bias which way is it (ie 2-1 is that for front or rear etc...).

Thanks

Dazzyman

Just to add from my earlier post after playing the full game on quick race over the demo Im VERY impressed with it. I can actually see myself double dipping on this one when it comes out on PAL (ie UK). Closest I can compare it to is F1 Racing by Milestone (the champ 99-04 I think it was) what EA published. Yes its not got the best damage but it feels very good and is much more realistic when you take all the aids off (especially TC and anti lock brakes). AI seems to put up a very good fight and times even on normal difficulty which Im suprised about.

The series seems to have come on leaps and bounds over the earlier PS2 versions and is more realistic then a racer now. Ive played plenty of these on the PC to compare and Im more than happy to sit and play this on a console with a joypad (my disability stops me using steering wheels nowadays). I think the only downsides I can give it is their is no rumble but thats down to Sony and greedy patent paying and a lack of a proper rear view mirror left/right in cockpit mode.

Graphics are lovely and the sense of speed is breathtaking, I like the way it simulates headcam in cockpit as well.

Overall definetly worth the £22 it cost me on a impulse buy and definetly not looking forward to being away from it tommorow as on respite for a few days :lol

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
0246.jpg

0244.jpg

Best clouds in any game EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0243.jpg

0241.jpg

0238.jpg

0237.jpg

0235.jpg

0231.jpg

Kangu

Banned
mckmas8808 in every PS3 related thread said:
PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE PLAYSCOPE

This is some kind of pyramid scheme isn't it?

mckmas8808

RaijinFY said:
Wow mck, you're on a roll with these pics, thx! :D

Yeah when I seen these pics I keep getting reminded of those diminishing returns statements and I start laughing.

0231.jpg

HOLY SHIT!! Look at the sweet reflection.

BTW, any word on whether there will be downloadable content? For example, I want Alonso at Mclaren, Kimi at Ferrari. There have been more driver swaps at the top this year than any in the last 25 years. How about custom skins for cars? The Mclaren looks completely different from last year.

mckmas8808

Doom_Bringer said:
0244.jpg

the game looks awesome

Yeah that looks great. Did you notice that wheel flying in the middle of the screen? Damn took me one whole day to realize that. :lol

Goldrusher

DarkJediKnight said:
0231.jpg

HOLY SHIT!! Look at the sweet reflection.

BTW, any word on whether there will be downloadable content? For example, I want Alonso at Mclaren, Kimi at Ferrari. There have been more driver swaps at the top this year than any in the last 25 years. How about custom skins for cars? The Mclaren looks completely different from last year.

Easy now...half of the field has yet to announce the new (or final) car.
So far, only Ferrari, Toyota, BMW and McLaren announced it.
And Toro Rosso still hasn't announced the drivers yet.

Don't forget it's not just a skin, but a totally different car model. And there are two new tracks this season: Fuji (which you might already know from GT4) and Spa (an old classic, slightly modified / modernised)

A "2007 season add-on" for $15 or even $20 would be nice. But I doubt they'll release it for free.

Goldrusher said:
Easy now...half of the field has yet to announce the new (or final) car.
So far, only Ferrari, Toyota, BMW and McLaren announced it.
And Toro Rosso still hasn't announced the drivers yet.

Don't forget it's not just a skin, but a totally different car model. And there are two new tracks this season: Fuji (which you might already know from GT4) and Spa (an old classic, slightly modified / modernised)

A "2007 season add-on" for $15 or even $20 would be nice. But I doubt they'll release it for free.

Well Renault is Heikki and Fisi, Williams is Webbo and Rosberg, Red Bull is DC and Wurz. Those lineups are set in stone.

But yea, I do agree that they'll most likely charge a fee for the 2007 package. That's cool, as long as the option exists.

mckmas8808

DarkJediKnight said:
But yea, I do agree that they'll most likely charge a fee for the 2007 package. That's cool, as long as the option exists.

For how much? $5? $10?

mckmas8808

PjotrStroganov said:
Question for the people who played the demo. How do two cars react when the surfaces of the tires connect with each other?

They get hung up and the car slows down I believe. You don't bounce off the tire.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised

sony only have the rights to the 2006 data - given how expensive it is to license F1 (the reason EA let it go in the first place) i wouldn't get too excited about getting a 2007 add on :(

rage1973

DCharlie said:
sony only have the rights to the 2006 data - given how expensive it is to license F1 (the reason EA let it go in the first place) i wouldn't get too excited about getting a 2007 add on :(
So did anyone secure the rights to license 2007 game?

This makes me want a PS3, i adore F1 games. Is Shumi in it, or is it all up to date(hope not)?
I barely have enough time to get the worth out of my 360, so it would mean selling it up. I'm a European though, so a few months to decide.

Nozi

Banned
Picked this up recently.. haven't had too much time with it but I like what I have played so far. Personally I prefer this to GT:HD in every department, and the replays look very nice, especially the reflections. It's a solid looking game with some great controls and handling.

Pimpwerx

rage1973 said:
So did anyone secure the rights to license 2007 game?
Doubtful. At least there's a chance we can get Spa, since it wasn't on the 2006 calendar and would be a matter of getting specific license from that track. Then again, I think I'm just kidding myself thinking I'll ever get next-gen Spa and Suzuka in the same game again. :( PEACE.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Gek, if this game comes out and supports the G25, will you play it more than Forza2?

Gek54

isamu said:
Gek, if this game comes out and supports the G25, will you play it more than Forza2?

Only if they manage to release it in the US at 60fps without blur and Forza 2 is only 30fps with no G25 support. Currently there isnt much going for it other than its racing and has good lighting/weather. 30fps screen smearing with no TFF is a big NO NO NO. What else can they do to butcher this motorsport, frame drops with frame tearing?

Nozi

Banned
Gek54 said:
Only if they manage to release it in the US at 60fps without blur and Forza 2 is only 30fps with no G25 support. Currently there isnt much going for it other than its racing and has good lighting/weather. 30fps screen smearing with no TFF is a big NO NO NO. What else can they do to butcher this motorsport, frame drops with frame tearing?

I think this game looks and plays great at 30fps with motion blur. I would not like a version at 60fps with no blur, its there for a reason and it looks fantastic.

mckmas8808

Nozi said:
I think this game looks and plays great at 30fps with motion blur. I would not like a version at 60fps with no blur, its there for a reason and it looks fantastic.
I never agree with you more than now.

Brofist

Captain N said:
any word on if I buy the Japanese version..will I be able to play against people that get the us version?

there isn't even an online mode in the Japanese version, so forget even playing Japanese people :p

mckmas8808

PjotrStroganov said:
This is with all sim settings turned on? Even old F1 games for PC let the cars bounce of.

Damn actually I'm not sure. I'm weaksauce and I usually keep the sim settings off, but I can't remember.

More sezzzxxy pics.

IMG_0406.jpg

IMG_0440.jpg

IMG_0439.jpg

IMG_0442.jpg

Top Bottom