• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cryptocurrency |OT| Nothing from Money

Donos

Aha, thank you!

Also I joined the ARK train earlier today. Anything else I should do or just hold? I ask because I heard something about profit sharing stuff a few pages back.

Vote a delegate (costs 1 ARK, one time.) over the official wallet, he/she then shares profit with you. Depending on the delegate you can get around 0,2 ARK per day if you have around 800 ARK. More ARK > more profit share.

https://blog.ark.io/how-to-vote-or-un-vote-an-ark-delegate-and-how-does-it-all-work-819c5439da68

If you hold for a long time, this gives you some extra ARK for essentially doing nothing.

For some delegates and their proposals why you should vote them, see the subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/ArkDelegates/wiki/index#wiki_delegates One the right side you can find calculators to see which delegate gives you how much profis for the amount of ARK you have.

tzare

Vote a delegate (costs 1 ARK, one time.) over the official wallet, he/she then shares profit with you. Depending on the delegate you can get around 0,2 ARK per day if you have around 800 ARK. More ARK > more profit share.

https://blog.ark.io/how-to-vote-or-un-vote-an-ark-delegate-and-how-does-it-all-work-819c5439da68

If you hold for a long time, this gives you some extra ARK for doing nothing.

For some delegates and their proposals why you should vote them, see the subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/ArkDelegates/wiki/index#wiki_delegates One the right side you can find calculators to see which delegate gives you how much profis for the amount of ARK you have.

i only have 41 ark right now.
Would that mean that if i vote a certain delegate i would get in return 3,5 ark a year?
It is not much but since i plan to hold ARK for a while i guess it is worth. OR there are fees or something i need to consider?

Donos

Wificoin is another interesting concept. Imagine, "mining" by sharing your router and bandwidth

Not a bad idea but a long way to go:
The big problem here is security. ”It's very hackable at the moment", developer Alex Atallah admits. Using wifi provided by a stranger's router can allow them to snoop on your data. That could be especially worrisome if you're logging into your cryptocurrency accounts. If someone steals your passwords by snooping on your wifi data, they could potentially empty your crypto wallet. Wificoin's developers would need to patch these vulnerabilities before it'd be safe to launch the project into the wild.
https://techcrunch.com/2017/09/17/wificoin/

i only have 41 ark right now.
Would that mean that if i vote a certain delegate i would get in return 3,5 ark a year?
It is not much but since i plan to hold ARK for a while i guess it is worth. OR there are fees or something i need to consider?

Some delegates cover the fee (Jarunik) but give less profit. ARK devs announced a reduction of the fee soon though. If i use Dafty's ARK Profit share Calculator, you get 4.5 ARK per year (10 %) e.g. from Jarunik

Donos

Delegate subbredit: https://www.reddit.com/r/ArkDelegates/ , read proposals or just choose one out after looking up the a calculator, e.g.:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FGo3FkC3uSWXGHatPQyny2brMWjAIJsHFCR-Lhkl_m0/edit#gid=0 (there is a colum "covering TX fee?"). Jarunik is one who does, arkpool is another top delegate who does this. Just enter your amount of ARK to see how much you get.

Proposal of Jarunik (reddit mod) which i voted for https://www.reddit.com/r/ArkDelegates/wiki/jarunik, Dr10tv is another good one.

Crispy

Thanks!
where can i see the details?
Which delegate would you recommend for my current amount of ark (plan to buy a bit more in the future, up to 100 probably)

I am a bit lost with how fees work.

Voted for Jarunik myself, DutchDelegate looks pretty good as well. With a small amount of ARK it's essential the fee gets covered, or you'll have nothing left.

There's also a GAFfer running a private delegate, not sure who it is.

Market cap is key as much as the under lying tech behind. I just read up on it this afternoon and seems to be a total sleeper.

For sure. It's my biggest bet for now so hope I'm not wrong. Just a matter of waiting now. I urge everyone to have a look at the project and I believe you'll see what I'm seeing for this coin.

Crispy

For sure. It's my biggest bet for now so hope I'm not wrong. Just a matter of waiting now. I urge everyone to have a look at the project and I believe you'll see what I'm seeing for this coin.

Definitely looks interesting! Shame I didn't know about it sooner as the price is higher now.

I think I'll be investing in this coin over the coming months.

Drifters

Stay away from $DAR, looks like they are having a twitter storm about the team pumping $BTC into their own coin to inflate and then get out while it was high.

Definitely looks interesting! Shame I didn't know about it sooner as the price is higher now.

I think I'll be investing in this coin over the coming months.

Even at this price and anything below 5$ is cheap in my opinion. Of course, if you could get it cheaper still, that would be good but don't postpone investing expecting a big dip. It's been on a steady rise and will continue until fintech awards.

Stay away from $DAR, looks like they are having a twitter storm about the team pumping $BTC into their own coin to inflate and then get out while it was high.

Shit, I've been following this and I'm very glad I jumped ship with 60% gains on sunday. After such a pump, anyone who got in expecting the same was asking to get burned.

Donos

Seems that Tierion is changing their "lottery" model for the nodes. Still going to stay away from it. The way the team/devs handled communication so far left a bitter taste.

Btw, what happened to walking fiend? Did he cash out and is sitting on a beach now or what?

Even at this price and anything below 5$ is cheap in my opinion. Of course, if you could get it cheaper still, that would be good but don't postpone investing expecting a big dip. It's been on a steady rise and will continue until fintech awards.

After your post yesterday, i have read a hour long about everything i could find about IOC, and was convinced. Instantly traded all my OMG (1000 €) to IOC. Since then it's already gone +25 % and gained me 200+ € while OMG keeps dipping slightly like the rest. No regrets so far :). DIONS update on the horizon + staking gives me confidence that it's worth it.

Don't mind using all my OMG since i doubled my investment of it already (bought 500€ of it back then at 4-5€). Going to rebuy some next month though, since i like the OmiseGo project.

Drifters

BTC dropped about $150 after I posted this. It has since reversed again, and will be testing 4200. If it crosses, the market looks good. If it bounces, be careful again.

Yeah the entire market right now is in flux and waiting to stabilize. Couple of bright spots but other than that, skiddish.

I had 400 NEO vs 5500 IOC. Even if NEO reaches 400$, that would net me $160k. With my IOC stack, even at 50$ a coin, it would be around $250k. I really believe IOC is a triple digit, top 10 coin so my estimates of 50$ a coin are very conservative. By the end of september they will make a presentation on the european fintech awards, 2 weeks later DIONS will be launched and this week a review paper by a consulting firm will be made available. They spent 3 years under the radar, working on the project and now, finally, it's ready to launch and reach its potential. It's a 16 million supply coin with a 20 million market cap. Do the math.

5500 coins is insane.. I bought a few . I'm sprinkling money into crypto here and there. Not a lot of major cash though

Crispy

After your post yesterday, i have read a hour long about everything i could find about IOC, and was convinced. Instantly traded all my OMG (1000 €) to IOC.

Freed up some funds as well and bought my first IOC for a relatively good price. I have some XRP which I need to get rid off, but I can't without making a bit of a loss.

jelmerjt

So today I downloaded Electrum for Mac, bought some bitcoins and I'm now trying to purchase a month of Private Internet Access. I get an invoice, click on 'Open in wallet' and well... nothing happens. Electrum says 'please wait' but how long do I have to wait lol?

zdjBqfe.jpg

EDIT: Did manual payment and woops. I'm a noob :p

What's going on?

Your bitcoin transaction has been broadcast, but it does not yet have any confirmations. BitPay does not have your money. We also cannot control when transactions are confirmed on the Bitcoin network.

Why is this taking so long?

You created your transaction with a low bitcoin miner fee, which goes to pay the Bitcoin network's cost for confirming your payment. This low fee may prevent your payment from being confirmed on the Bitcoin network in the usual period of a few minutes to a few hours.

EDIT 2: Oh it worked! Nice. Payment received.

SynVII

Neo Member
So as someone jumping in to crypto I have it glorified in my head as a get rich quick scheme. Was thinking of splitting some money between IOC and ARK to begin with.
Or should I take it and spread around a bunch of coins? Im just starting to look into it but dont want to miss any trains..

So as someone jumping in to crypto I have it glorified in my head as a get rich quick scheme. Was thinking of splitting some money between IOC and ARK to begin with.
Or should I take it and spread around a bunch of coins? Im just starting to look into it but dont want to miss any trains..

I would say invest in tech you think is valuable and interesting. Trying to catch the next ETH, NEO, et al is difficult.

Cipherr

The sure money is on finding projects with real potential after you have researched and buying and holding for long periods of time. Its completely void of any excitement, and theres nothing to do but buy more when you have spare cash and watch your investments yo-yo daily, but rise over time little by little.

Getting rich quick isnt really realistic at all despite the vibe crypto gives off. In order to make that work you would have to be insanely lucky to identify today, all the projects that will grow 10x to 100x over the next year or so, and throw thousands at them now while they are brand new and get zero press or attention.

That's next to impossible though, and you are talking 99 to 1 odds if not worse. I wont say its impossible though. Like NEO was .47 cents per coin in May before the rebrand, and in mid August it was 48 dollars per coin. Thats fucking massive, but now NEO is down to 20 dollars (still good if you bought a bunch at .40 cents) per coin temporarily pending more news out of China.

I have no idea how you can predict that kind of growth...

Cipherr

Most of the Chinese exchanges are shutting down by Oct 1st right? Im expecting more news or clarification around that point. All those heavily Chinese linked coins like NEO, BNB, WTC and others will probably hinge on what China says next. If they come out aggresive and really go after it and possibly miners....

That sort of news mixed with this type of market that's slowly dipping anyway would probably cause another firesale. Then again, if the news is positive, NEO will probably gain $15 overnight again.

DonMigs85

The sure money is on finding projects with real potential after you have researched and buying and holding for long periods of time. Its completely void of any excitement, and theres nothing to do but buy more when you have spare cash and watch your investments yo-yo daily, but rise over time little by little.

Getting rich quick isnt really realistic at all despite the vibe crypto gives off. In order to make that work you would have to be insanely lucky to identify today, all the projects that will grow 10x to 100x over the next year or so, and throw thousands at them now while they are brand new and get zero press or attention.

That's next to impossible though, and you are talking 99 to 1 odds if not worse. I wont say its impossible though. Like NEO was .47 cents per coin in May before the rebrand, and in mid August it was 48 dollars per coin. Thats fucking massive, but now NEO is down to 20 dollars (still good if you bought a bunch at .40 cents) per coin temporarily pending more news out of China.

I have no idea how you can predict that kind of growth...

I don't even recall any buzz about Ethereum back in 2015 or 2016. It never seemed to pop up in mainstream news and I don't even recall a NeoGAF thread about it or Antshares last year or earlier this year.

Top Bottom