• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

feel

1. The Pit

Figuring out the proper order for the other 20 maps I love from the original trilogy seems to much work.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Embrace your old age. I'm getting a healthy mix of white and grey hairs mixed in with mine. I've earned'em and feel no shame in keeping them on display.

Happy birthday, BTW. I should be done wandering Skyrim in the next month and can move my eye back toward FUD and Halo. I still haven't beaten CEA. *shame*

Maybe I'll change my mind when I'm old enough to get them. =P And thanks!

Glad to see you squeeze so much mileage out of Skyim. I enjoyed my first, deep playthrough but I'm going to let it mature, like wine, before returning some time. I'm looking forward to playing through the game completely differently.

Right now, Dungeon Defenders is ruling all.

I still don't even have CEA. *worse shame*

If by overrated you mean absolute MP Map perfection, then I agree. There is so little space on that map that goes unused, add in all of the shortcuts and you have one amazing map. It worked with so many game types too, I could go on all day talking about it!

Like seriously, if Lockout is overrated, what in the hell is your guys idea of a good map? Boardwalk?

It is a good map; it isn't one of my favourites in Halo 2, let alone the entire series though. Like an overplayed hit on the radio, it was played on far too much at the time. Dislike the bottom section of the map, the overpowered BR tower and the general aesthetic of it too. I preferred Midship, Turf, Beaver Creek and Sanc personally.

To be fair it plays a lot better without radar.

1. The Pit
2. Beaver Creek
3. Avalanche
4. Blood Gulch
5. Sanctuary

Happy Beeday Dani

Ramirez

It was too easy to hold BR tower with combo and sniper.

Midship was better.

I too, like Midship better. I was just saying in no way was it overrated.

Can you guys stop listing Blood Gulch in your lists, I really don't want to see it in Halo 4 again.

FyreWulff

And my first whack at a gametype with this to give you an idea of what you can do: Glue Guns!

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=26525149&player=FyreWulff

(Note: it's supposed to be a silly gametype)

Focus Rifle / Sword start, Hologram as the only AA

As you gain heat, you become more glued to the ground. At the highest heat level, you can't jump at all.

Heat level 1 - reduced jump height, increased damage, Orange forced color
Heat level 2 - reduced jump height and increased gravity, even more damage, Gold forced color
Heat level 3 - zero jump height, 200% damage, White forced color

Name display is OFF except for your own teammates. This will make use of the hologram fairly interesting as people can't immediately tell by just waving their Focus Rifle over the target, while preventing massacre of your own teammates (from the use of Forced Colors)

Can't wait to see what other people cook up with Hotshot.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
My five favorite all-time maps, based on pure feelings - not suitability, flexibility, or some objective design criteria:

1. Lockout
2. The Pit
3. Valhalla
4. Zanzibar
5. OG Blood Gulch

and mine

1. Colossus
2. Terminal
3. The Pit
4. Valhala
5. Countdown

and a few runners up (cause i cant help myself); midship, burial mound, turf, boardwalk, guardian, narrows, and snowbound.

Kuroyume

Banned
Blood Gulch is great as Coagualation and there's no reason why it shouldn't be in the game. Probably easier to make that map than any other since it's very basic. I definitely don't want it if the gameplay doesn't mesh with it or if it's a close remake of the original or Valhalla. I have good memories of of Coag though so if they can pull off putting Coag there without screwing things up I would be for it.

Waterworks
Lockout
Terminal
The Pit
Headlong

Gameplay needs to be very close to what was in H2 if I am to enjoy any remakes of these. If I can't juggle the flag or block the bases on Waterworks with giant containers then don't bother remaking it. Remakes with changes rarely work.

Btw, I like Swordbase. It's a third rate map if it was in H2 but a good map when put against what is offered in H3 and Reach.

Overdoziz

Banned
Yeah, it would make more sense if you could vote for two identical options but one being vanilla and the other being TU. I'm not going to vote for TU AR starts on randomforgemap#3 if it comes up.

Yeah, it would make more sense if you could vote for two identical options but one being vanilla and the other being TU. I'm not going to vote for TU AR starts on randomforgemap#3 if it comes up.

Yeah it should be a choice between the same starting weapon set and the same map. So you are just choosing TU or vanilla.

w_bruteshot.jpg

>>>>
Halo_Reach_Concussion_rifle.jpg

Yeah it should be a choice between the same starting weapon set and the same map. So you are just choosing TU or vanilla.

Exactly. A lot of ill-informed scrubs are going to vote what they usually go for and not even pay any attention to the 'TU' next to its name. On top of that, DMR or AR start is a dividing factor, so it really isn't the most scientifically sound of methods in determining if people want a full change to TU.

stephen08

This voting for Team Slayer is broken. It seems you get either a choice between Regular or TU which have different map choices tied to them or you get two regular options on the same map.

How was this botched so badly? It should have been 2 choices with the same weapon starts on the same map every time. What is Elite Slayer doing in there? The splash screen makes note of this voting in Team Slayer but there is no mention of what TU changes are for the average person.

TheOddOne

Waypoint: February Matchmaking Playlist Update (Check website for all the updates!)
• Team Slayer changes. Make your voice heard!

We are in the process of deciding if the Team Slayer playlist will be updated to TU settings. This continues to be one of the most popular playlists, so we are not taking this decision lightly. In an effort to get player feedback that's as accurate as possible, we are going to pull voting data over a two-week period.

To do that, we’re removing one of the voting choices. That will leave you with one vanilla choice and one TU choice. We realize that ties default to the highest voting option, so in order to balance the results, vanilla will be the top selection for the first week, and TU will be the top selection for the second week. Once the results are in, we’ll analyze the data and make an informed decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom