• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT2| Leviathan Wakes (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Dog walked backwards on us. Coming out of the right door and going to the first spore on the right, there is a dog that comes towards you then makes a left at the spore, he took the left and started walking backwards, catching us.

That happens to all dogs if walk too close to them or run in general.. if it happens to every single one, its not a bug, its just how it is. Give more room between younand the dogs.

Assign one dog to each person. Make sure you get x48. When you do, from middle, split, everybody to their dog. Get all dogs as low as possible but dont kill. If you think you did well enough, finish with your supers on second round. If not, do one more round of damage but no kills. The key to the whole thing is memorizing the path below.

Read up on the earlier parts of the raid since I only caught the last hour or so before world's first got broken.

Raid looks kinda lame tbh. I guess it makes more story sense this time than all the convoluted shit we did in KF but mannnnn I think I'll give it a go this week but after that I'll probably wait for people to get this shit on lockdown because all the puzzle shit puts me to sleep tbh. Boss fight looks dope though.

R0ckman

That happens to all dogs if walk too close to them or run in general.. if it happens to every single one, its not a bug, its just how it is. Give more room between younand the dogs.

Assign one dog to each person. Make sure you get x48. When you do, from middle, split, everybody to their dog. Get all dogs as low as possible but dont kill. If you think you did well enough, finish with your supers on second round. If not, do one more round of damage but no kills. The key to the whole thing is memorizing the path below.

Seems there are some inconsistencies in the sensory AI then, as we tested how close we could get behind the dogs just to get an idea of what we could do. I was able to get in melee distance by running to catch up to it then walking up behind them.

pantsmith

Can someone please explain the
Gauntlet
strategy to me like I'm incopetent?

Because I've looked at three different guides and it feels like we tried what they are describing.

Read up on the earlier parts of the raid since I only caught the last hour or so before world's first got broken.

Raid looks kinda lame tbh. I guess it makes more story sense this time than all the convoluted shit we did in KF but mannnnn I think I'll give it a go this week but after that I'll probably wait for people to get this shit on lockdown because all the puzzle shit puts me to sleep tbh. Boss fight looks dope though.

I was pretty unimpressed with the parts my group did

haven't done the final boss yet

the
pleasure gardens
in particular were a pain in the ass, no pleasure to be found

I'm on PS4 - if anyone wants to give it some attempts tonight, i'm totally game. 285+ warlock here. Let me know if you need someone: Nevets973 on PSN.

https://imgur.com/a/CEGYT

CEGYT.png

Edit: CANNOT get this pic to imbed. Pls halp?

Seems there are some inconsistencies in the sensory AI then, as we tested how close we could get behind the dogs just to get an idea of what we could do. I was able to get in melee distance by running to catch up to it then walking up behind them.
My group quit when the dogs started detecting the people up top with the light. Stealth sections are bullshit in almost every game they're in.

Man, reading discussions about Crucible on Reddit is heart-wrenching... Seemingly 80% of people hate it. I, on the other hand, really enjoy it, and have had zero lag-issues. Am I just crazy, though?

Jaraghan

In the raid, after the second event...

whats the deal with the maze like hallways and ship interiors? Do they all lead to the Gardens? Is there anything cool hidden?

My group stopped at
The Gauntlet
today, but one of the things I really, really dig about the raid is
all the secret paths and shortcuts there are. We spent a good hour just exploring the ship.

pantsmith

Lé Blade Runner;248934068 said:
Man, reading discussions about Crucible on Reddit is heart-wrenching... Seemingly 80% of people hate it. I, on the other hand, really enjoy it, and have had zero lag-issues. Am I just crazy, though?

There are some good points to be made, like how getting matched against a fireteam is unfair (it is!) and how bad spawns can feel even worse when you get teamshot and flanked from three directions.

But overall Crucible is improved; there is a lot less bullshit. I think a lot of it is just an adjustment curve.

The problem is it caters to a COMPLETELY different crowd now. If you like arena shooters that are more tactical you probably love it. If you loved D1's pvp you (PROBABLY) hate it. There are some D1 fans who are ok with the change, but for the folks that stuck with D1 for 3 years it is a massive change. Its slower, TTK is longer, smaller teams and fewer supers so less 'action' in general.

D1 pvp was great for streamers and more casual players that didnt run with a dedicated team doing callouts and team shooting because you could still use your super muliple times per match and rack up kills. But D2 requires working together, which most people can't be arsed to do, especially in a PUG.

Just bought the game today.. And as someone who spent a lot of time in the first game...

This.. This is was the first Destiny should have been.. Having a great time playing this. Haven't beat the campaign yet but there just so much to do.

jviggy43

I'm enjoying it but its going to be a raid people look back on and say it was one of the poorer efforts.
tons of repeat mechanics with one boss? I liked that each area can accessed in different ways but other than that this seems like they sort of phoned it in.

ZeoVGM

Banned
The problem is it caters to a COMPLETELY different crowd now. If you like arena shooters that are more tactical you probably love it. If you loved D1's pvp you (PROBABLY) hate it. There are some D1 fans who are ok with the change, but for the folks that stuck with D1 for 3 years it is a massive change. Its slower, TTK is longer, smaller teams and fewer supers so less 'action' in general.

D1 pvp was great for streamers and more casual players that didnt run with a dedicated team doing callouts and team shooting because you could still use your super muliple times per match and rack up kills. But D2 requires working together, which most people can't be arsed to do, especially in a PUG.

I loved D1's PvP and so far, I love D2's.

It's a bit different, yes. People just need to adjust. But PvP is usually shit on all the time. No matter what, I think the discussion would be negative overall.

I wish PvP was at least 5v5 because all my matches end via time limit rather than completing the amount of kills, control points, etc. Seems a lot slower.

the_big_country

Neo Member

You're gonna have a bad time if you're not rolling in a 4-stack. D2 Crucible rewards conservative team play. The best weapon is teamshooting (and MIDA which further encourages conservative play.) 1 bad player or a leaver will sink your team. I feel like I always need to roll with a battle buddy if I want to make any sort of offensive move lest I get into a 2v1 which I'll lose nearly every time.

This is by far the worst raid Iv played in destiny. It's like KF x100 and a side of acid.

Also fuck last stands. Let me kill a boss and be done. Having no more ammo synths is just a terrible decision by Bungie running out of ammo constantly.

This is a one and done raid for me.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Consensus seems to be on par with Math's. First raid I don't feel like finishing, especially when hearing about the rest of it and what it entails.

lt519

Consensus seems to be on par with Math's. First raid I don't feel like finishing, especially when hearing about the rest of it and what it entails.

That's a shame, hype is deflating. King's Fall was awesome the first time through but did not hold up as something re-playable and was ridiculously frustrating with PUGs.

psyfi

Banned
Anyone on XB1 want to do the raid during the day (pacific time) this Saturday? I'm not free till then and I really want to give it a shot, preferably with other first timers. I missed most of the D1 dungeons, and I'm determined to finally get to do it fresh again.

Number45

Finally hit 230 Power! Been going pretty slow but I'm having a fantastic time.
This is a great looking titan. I'm pretty much a hodgepodge of pieces while I try and get to 280 light (so that I can finally start paying attention to mods) and try and settle on a nice looking set.

xCobalt

Is there any comprehensive guide to infusing? I have no idea when to infuse and when to not to.

Just keep any gear with an innate +5 mod. The mod acts as a bonus. Ex. A 265 gun with the mod is essentially 260(+5). You can infuse with something of higher light to potentially be 265(+5).

wrongway

I'm way late to the party on this since I don't have the game yet, but I started listening to the soundtrack tonight. I think this was a mistake, because it's so good that it's made waiting for PC even harder.

I really enjoyed what PVP I played in the PC beta too. How it'll hold up over time is a different matter, but I'm really looking forward to getting back in there.

What I saw of the raid earlier looked pretty wild. I'm not a hardcore raid guy, but it should be fun to see eventually. Looked like some parts had
stealth segments
tho? Bleh. :\

edit: sleepiness run amok

Is there a lot of jumping in the raid? As a filthy casual type player I hated the jumping sections. Especially the ships in TTK.

And damn at all the negative reception for this game so far. Dropping PVp to 4v4 is their own fault though. You're fucking all the casuals like me. And there's a lot of us.

Number45

Did people have an issue with
stealth sections
in VoG? I wasn't hugely active during the launch of VoG but everyone I know loved the raid.

EDIT: Personally I really enjoy jumping puzzles.

jmartoine

I love Crucible as long as I have one other person in my fireteam to play with, hate it when going in solo and then playing with a full fireteam is a completely different experience. Still pissed there isn't a casual 6v6 mode but that will probably come down the line or something.

stealth sections
in VoG? I wasn't
hugely active during the launch of VoG but everyone I know loved the raid.

Well VoG only had the Gorgon's Maze as a stealth section which was quite short, don't seem to recall too many problems once the route was worked out.

Matush

Just keep any gear with an innate +5 mod. The mod acts as a bonus. Ex. A 265 gun with the mod is essentially 260(+5). You can infuse with something of higher light to potentially be 265(+5).
Okay, I'll keep that in mind next time I'm gonna infuse. Thanks

Also finally hit 280 yesterday, helped 8 guys to finish their first Nightfall, got 2 exotic engrams out of them. Game is fun, wonder if I'll have time to run Raid anytime soon.

Wallach

This seems to be the most poorly received raid of them all. People GUSHED about WotM the first day it dropped.

I'm with you on KF. I played that raid so many times.

Yeah. Creatively the zone and themes are on point. Otherwise it is kind of a disaster and way below the bar set by any of the first game's raids.

darkwing

stealth sections
in VoG? I wasn't hugely active during the launch of VoG but everyone I know loved the raid.

that area was huge and you could hide, this one is yikes

KaoticBlaze

Gave up on the raid after five hours with other gaffers. Couldnt get past
the bath house portion

Not sure how i feel about this raid so far compared to the ones in D1. Leviathan seems less fun and more frustrating to be honest.

Top Bottom