• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2017 [OT] 100 Years of Playoff Salt

I agree overall though they need to just step up and play like a team in the Eastern Conference Finals with absurd offensive talent.
definitely. They just need to find the answer. Puck movement via the defense was what was working so well in our system the last two years. Letang was most of that, but then Schultz stepped up. There is no one in this system that can step up into that role, they just arent good enough puck movers, and even schultz isnt half as goodf at it as letang.

The answer has to come from the forwards, which is extremely difficult against the trap. Game 2 with the puck in the offensive zone a lot required anderson to stand on his head. Need more of that. One good break in can create a lot of time with these forwards.

calder

Damn. Bold move.

OK fine, Pens we will give you a 5th round pick for Fleury, or else a 2rd round pick if you retain half his salary. In the off chance Winnipeg was accidentally added to his NM/NT list, don't worry; he'll waive after this grievous insult.

No, it isn't impressive how far the Pens have gotten. Every team deals with injuries. And most importantly every team deals with a rash of injuries in the playoffs, particularly when you get this deep.

You've been without Letang for months. He wasn't expected to step back in. And now you've lost one more, Schultz, for a couple games. Saying you've "lost half your defense" is absurd. This is where depth players step up.

Fucking suck it up and stop making excuses!

While saying "half the defense" was more of a sarcastic exaggeration, the two that are missing are both pretty important with how the Pens push the puck into the offensive zone. Yes, Letang has been out, and they have gotten by with Schultz but now that he is gone, no one else back there is really a good enough puck handler to play that role. At least not well. I agree with you that injuries obviously happen to everyone, and they need to "suck it up" and they need to figure out an alternative strategy otherwise they aren't going to be playing much longer.

Socreges

Banned
suck what up? I even said I havent given up. We knew we were without letang. I said before the playoffs started we had no chance without him. Im impressed we managed to pull this far regardless. He averaged almost 30 minutes a game in the 2016 playoffs. Persevering will always be impressive, your dumb dismissive shit doesnt change that.
You don't need to literally suck anything up. It's an expression. Stop making excuses for your team being down in the series.

a916

definitely. They just need to find the answer. Puck movement via the defense was what was working so well in our system the last two years. Letang was most of that, but then Schultz stepped up. There is no one in this system that can step up into that role, they just arent good enough puck movers, and even schultz isnt half as goodf at it as letang.

The answer has to come from the forwards, which is extremely difficult against the trap. Game 2 with the puck in the offensive zone a lot required anderson to stand on his head. Need more of that. One good break in can create a lot of time with these forwards.

They've had all trouble all playoff long, more so now than anything, getting out of their own zone and transitioning the puck. What's masked this is the sub .900 performances they got from opposing goalies. Ottawa is also suffocating them to an absurd degree (something that Trotz should have been able to pull off but didn't). Fleury was playing really well too but like you said, one good breakout and they have enough offensive talent to make you pay.

Foggy

It's like the opposite of impressive to beat the Blue Jackets and a team who is allergic to making it out of the 2nd round.

They've had all trouble all playoff long, more so now than anything, getting out of their own zone and transitioning the puck. What's masked this is the sub .900 performances they got from opposing goalies. Ottawa is also suffocating them to an absurd degree (something that Trotz should have been able to pull off but didn't). Fleury was playing really well too but like you said, one good breakout and they have enough offensive talent to make you pay.
Yea and putting pressure on the D gives easy turnovers since forwards leave the zone early. Some games the team can barely complete a pass

Socreges

Banned
So, just realized that the Senators traded a 1st in 2010 for Rundblad. Rundblad of Swiss-A fame. That pick became Tarasenko.

That is Erat-Forsberg levels.

Friedman reporting that Johansen suffered a thigh injury and is done
Kes+Wood+-+Saren.gif

bill0527

I'm calling for a full investigation to the illegal tactics of the Ducks. Two series with two surgeries.

Don't give me any of this hurr durr 'playoff hockey deal with it' bullshit.

If the goddam league won't do something about this fucking bullshit then they might as well close up shop. There's a fucking rule book for a reason and I don't give a shit if it's night 1 or game 7 of a playoff series. If you're going to let the inmates run the asylum than have fun continuing to be a niche league that nobody outside of diehards is going to give 2 squirts of piss about. Fuck this bullshit. Fuck my life. We've lost our 1C and maybe even our 2C as I've not heard any updates today on Fisher.

Socreges

Banned

If the goddam league won't do something about this fucking bullshit then they might as well close up shop. There's a fucking rule book for a reason and I don't give a shit if it's night 1 or game 7 of a playoff series. If you're going to let the inmates run the asylum than have fun continuing to be a niche league that nobody outside of diehards is going to give 2 squirts of piss about. Fuck this bullshit. Fuck my life. We've lost our 1C and maybe even our 2C as I've not heard any updates today on Fisher.
Nicolas%20Cage%20Laugh.gif

Pikma

Banned

Morton-Salt-02.jpg

Symphonic

i mean the ducks got a silly amount of penalties in a short span of time, what more do you want?

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
Call up Ribiero?

He's allegedly in rehab.

Either some forwards are going to have to play center (Wilson?) or they'll have to call up Kamenev or some other AHLer. Lines are going to look like a trainwreck either way.

Edit: On The Forecheck (the Preds' SBNation blog) came up with this

Aberg - Forsberg - Arvy
Sissons - Jarnkrok - Smith/Harry Z
Wilson - Kamenev - Neal
McLeod - Watson - Salomaki

Probably the best that the team can manage assuming Fisher doesn't play.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I have a feeling the Ducks got to him after the game.

Just a feeling, not accusing them of anything, but I wouldn't be surprised is all.

Nashville is just calling it a regular injury because they don't want to interfere with any potential investigations, or tip off the Anaheim Ducks organization that they know.

Pikma

Banned

Just a feeling, not accusing them of anything, but I wouldn't be surprised is all.

Nashville is just calling it a regular injury because they don't want to interfere with any potential investigations, or tip off the Anaheim Ducks organization that they know.
This is exactly how rumors are made up in Montréal, are you sure you aren't a habs fan?

Calamari41

41 > 38

I have anonymous sources within the Ducks organization who can confirm that it was Ryan Kesler himself who, with funding directly from the Kremlin, slashed his thigh from ear to ear. Expect indictments to start dropping within the hour.

If this doesn't bear out, it just further proves that I'm right.

I have anonymous sources within the Ducks organization who can confirm that it was Ryan Kesler himself who, with funding directly from the Kremlin, slashed his thigh from ear to ear. Expect indictments to start dropping within the hour.

fake news

the bestest news

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
This is exactly how rumors are made up in Montréal, are you sure you aren't a habs fan?

Is that the CFL team?

Wow, I knew it.

I'm definitely going to post about this on Facebook now.

Top Bottom