• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RAGE |OT| "It's done when it's done"

I'm LTTP for this one, but finished the game yesterday. I grew to really enjoy the playthrough and did all the side-missions on the job board in each city. I was really getting into it, and looking forward to disc 3 (I played it on the 360), when the game ended. That was the shittiest and most underwhelming ending ever! WTF?!

It's sad cause I really enjoyed everything else. Disc 3 turned out to be the multiplayer disc, I hoped it would be a third city!

Raoh

Just got the game from gamefly. Not bad, not really interested in any online but I like the campaign so far, nothing special just good.

If anyone has any ps3 dlc codes I'd appreciate that.

I'd like to see the card game ported to the vita as a small app, just play a few mini games on my vita and sync earnings and losses to the ps3 version, adding the races to the vita alone without the campaign fps game would be nice too.

Clydefrog

Finally getting around to playing this game. I have about 7 hours invested into it so far. I just beat the Dead City level - it was terrifying. God, I hate those monsters....

great game!

Meier

This is less than $10 shipped from Gamefly for the used version.. was this game at least decent? I dunno if I'd ever even play it but at that cheap, I feel like I almost can't pass it up. I'd only be interested in the single player component.

Salsa

This is less than $10 shipped from Gamefly for the used version.. was this game at least decent? I dunno if I'd ever even play it but at that cheap, I feel like I almost can't pass it up. I'd only be interested in the single player component.

the game is fantastic.

The only things worth talking about are the shooting and the graphics. The rest is completely forgettable.

Agree 100%.

The graphics and shooting are great.

The towns looks great but there is no personality to them, they are empty dead place holders.

This game had a lot of potential. ID are still in the 1990s mind set.

I heard this game tanked @ retail.

Meier

I ended up having a $5 off coupon on used stuff so I pulled the trigger. Ended up being like $4.32 shipped.. couldn't really say no at that price.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
I just picked this up yesterday, holy hell the game dropped my Jaw, it is so beatiful, a quick question does the 360 version run at 60fps ?

also how long is the campaign ?

loved the Marine Bobble head at the begining.

daviyoung

Banned
60 fps on all systems.

About 7 hours not counting side missions, the actual campaign flys by actually.

There are many bobbleheads around, like in Fallout.

Carmack am GOD

7 Hours not bad, prefer a short action packed game, rather a long strung out padded grind quest (maybe that's jsut me)

Its longer than 7 hours dude. First time through it took me around 20 and I didn't even do all of the races. This was also on the second to hardest difficulty. It might not take you nearly as long but on average itll run you at LEAST 12-15.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I think the game would have been a lot better as a completely linear adventure similar to Half-Life 2.

commissar

^ The interconnected areas and skylines gave Rage such a nice sense of place IMO.

Soo... did anything come out of that editor thingy?
I think there was a tweet from someone at Bethesda about May being a good month for Skyrim and Rage fans.

Hopefully the wasn't a weird game related dream :p

I'm playing RAGE on nightmare; about an hour in and I haven't been challenged yet. Health regen is so fast that I haven't used bandages, and all I have to do is just lurk around corners and pistol people as they duck in and out behind cover.

Does it get tougher?

daviyoung

Banned
Its longer than 7 hours dude. First time through it took me around 20 and I didn't even do all of the races. This was also on the second to hardest difficulty. It might not take you nearly as long but on average itll run you at LEAST 12-15.

Yeh, whoops. Just checked my Steam time and it's at 12 hours but I did most of the side quests, and none of the racing. I guess the campaign for me took about 10 hours on hard.

Regarding difficulty: there are a few areas that are basically slay-em-all arenas and there are a couple of boss fights that could prove more challenging. There will mostly always be somewhere where you can hide and cheat the AI though. Health packs are also easy to find/make too.

Regarding difficulty: there are a few areas that are basically slay-em-all arenas and there are a couple of boss fights that could prove more challenging. There will mostly always be somewhere where you can hide and cheat the AI though. Health packs are also easy to find/make too.

The first mission on the second disk -
Blue Line
- finally amped the difficulty. Tons of enemies to gun down. Actually had to break out my special ammo and such.

Then I accidentally hit 'build all' on Advanced Wingsticks, and now have 99 of them... :/

kamspy

I'm reinstalling this to play around with on my GTX 680.

Have the patches eliminated the need to modify the config files?

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
Late to the party. Bought the game this week, logged some hours yesterday. Two random thoughts:

Story opening: It's kinda weird how you, the Arc dude, just get thrown into the world. I mean, you're the silent hero, but the moment you set foot outside the Arc some mutants jump upon you, you get saved, jump into a buggy, someone mumbles a bit about the authority and next thing you know you get a gun handed to you to shoot some bandits, somewhere. That's a bit of an abrupt start and downright clumsy storytelling. Who was my silent hero before het got frozen in? Why did he wake up/what did wake him up? What happened the last 100 years or so? Who are these people and why is the Authority after Arc dudes? I'm sure some of this stuff gets revealed eventually, it's just not realistic to me that you never ask questions or get stuff explained the moment you're in the safety of the first town.

Atmosphere: Loving it so far. Cool, at times original post-apocalyptic content. Why all post-apo games must ape the Mad Max techno-tribal barbarian trope (see also FO & Borderlands) is beyond me, but seems there's at least quite some variety in types of communities and bandit groups. So far the comedy elements don't seem to work as well as they did in aforementioned games with post-apocalyptic settings, but it has its moments.

anddo0

Beat the game. Rage is ending makes the original ME3 ending seem Oscar worthy. I don't care if they're trying to set up a second title (will it even happen considering the poor sales?). The ending was pure crap. I
got a new gun, saved up all that ammo, for a boss fight that never happened
WTF?

maomaoIYP

I finally just beat it after buying it day 1 at full price. ;_;

Ending was really weak, but I did enjoy the shooting and the character design a whole lot. Played it on nightmare right off the bat with no problems, shotgun destroys everything.

been playing it, but just lost an hour of gameplay due to my 360 freezing while trying to save. Hooray. I guess that'll teach me to save more often.

Apoc87

Banned
Thinking about re-buying this game on ps3 since I sold all my xbox 360 stuff.

I remember that in the options for the XB360 version, for controls and AV, there was no way to reset them to default. I fiddled with the control axises and wanted to reset them to default settings, but I couldnt figure out how. I even deleted the game data/saves, and cleared the cache, but the fuckin settings still stayed, didn't revert to default. It was really annoying and fucked with my OCD alot.

Is there any way to revert settings to default on the PS3 version? Even going as far as deleting the game data and whatnot? I don't mind doing that.

Is there any replay value after the main story missions are complete?

Also, is the sewer DLC on the psn store?

Dont know about setting to defaults but the PS3 version is super solid, especially if you have a 7200rpm HDD installed or higher. Also the best sounding if you have a decent setup.
As far as replayability, its a bit off as playing it on higher difficulties actually makes the game worse due to guns/reticles becoming more inaccurate. STUPID fucking design choice IMHO and turned me off from ever playing on anything other than normal.
The DLC is on PSN and is pretty good for the price (The scorchers, dont know about the sewers). Game is super cheap everywhere, so yeah, id say pick it up. Still some of the best gunplay this past gen.

Apoc87

Banned
Dont know about setting to defaults but the PS3 version is super solid, especially if you have a 7200rpm HDD installed or higher. Also the best sounding if you have a decent setup.
As far as replayability, its a bit off as playing it on higher difficulties actually makes the game worse due to guns/reticles becoming more inaccurate. STUPID fucking design choice IMHO and turned me off from ever playing on anything other than normal.
The DLC is on PSN and is pretty good for the price (The scorchers, dont know about the sewers). Game is super cheap everywhere, so yeah, id say pick it up. Still some of the best gunplay this past gen.

Thanks!

Top Bottom