• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016-2017 NCAA Men's Basketball |OT| Villanova has no fans so this is their thread

Kevtones

Oregon is insanely deep. Holy shit.

Ennis/Benson
Dorsey/Pritchard
Brooks/Smith
Boucher/Bigby-Williams
Bell/Sorkin

- All of these people are offensive options
- Benson was the most efficient PG in CB last year and he's the backup.
- Pritchard is a bomber
- 4 legit rim protectors
- 2 of them can shoot the 3 at a 40% clip
- Brooks and Dorsey are All-American threats

Shit, even Cage is pretty decent.

If they can put it together defensively… Watch. Out.

scoobs

Win the Big 12, get a 1 seed, and lose before the Final Four, or as i like to call it: The KU Special.

KU playing like they've been playing since 2012, bad 3 point defense, no rebounding, and lots of dumb fouls.

thefro

Great win for IU to start off the year. I like this group quite a bit.

Win the Big 12, get a 1 seed, and lose before the Final Four, or as i like to call it: The KU Special.

KU playing like they've been playing since 2012, bad 3 point defense, no rebounding, and lots of dumb fouls.

That wasn't a well-officiated game, tons of cheap/phantom foul calls and a few other weird/missed calls as well (double-foul when Bryant barely touched a guy, goal-tending call when the ball was going up, fouling guys out on cheap fouls, IU got a couple breaks when I thought it should have been KU's ball, etc). Ended up being a 3 hour game basically.

If you actually foul someone, I'm fine with that many calls, but it ended up being pretty ridiculous given the lack of legit contact on some of the ones called tonight.

Game 2 of Duke's season in two minutes. Raycom / Fox Sports Carolinas, for those around these parts. It should also be on WatchESPN for those with no affiliates.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
So after 2 games, Frank Jackson looks to be the real deal, GA, Luke and Amile are pretty much where they should be. Matt still sucks on O but its his defense on the perimeter where he's needed. He was banged up most of last year and it really hurt his performance.
As far as Giles, Tatum and Bolden being out, its good for Javin and Chase to get some minutes and experience. Chase may never be a great player but so far he's much better than last year.
I expect KU to win on tuesday but it will be a good defensive test.

Proelite

Watched my first non Duke basketball game today. Yale bulldogs vs Washington Huskies. Huskies lost 90 to 98.

Defense made me throw up.

Lorenzo Lamar needs to be fired.

Silver lining is Fultz is legit.

Champions Classic AKA the official start of the CBB season

I think UK beats Michigan State

And I'm going to buck the trend and say that Duke beats Kansas

Yeah they're missing three of their four best players
Yeah they made Marist look like an NBA team on offense for ten minutes Sunday night

But at Cameron North II, I think the dudes that Duke does have will show out tonight and reinforce that ranking

Or fall flat on their face like last year against Kentucky and have everyone screaming overrated

Fjordson

I think UK is overrated, could see us losing tonight, but I haven't watched MSU so don't know how good they are. Just glad bball is back. I wasn't hyped at all about it this summer, but kinda am for tonight's game.

I think UK is overrated, could see us losing tonight,

giphy.gif

kentuckywonbyalotyall_zpsmy4jrvhn.png

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
This is going to be a loooong game if they keep calling fouls at this rate.

iamblades

lol didn't see that coming. I still don't think our offense will be very good, but the defense was nice.

I don't think the offense is going to be GSW or anything, but I think it will be very good in terms of offensive efficiency because of the ability to draw fouls and get points in transition.

The issue with that of course is when you run into a team that can guard without fouling and is disciplined in transition, but let's cross that bridge when we reach it.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Fuuuuck

Why are we cursed with bad legs

Fjordson

Shit man. Too many injuries.

I don't think the offense is going to be GSW or anything, but I think it will be very good in terms of offensive efficiency because of the ability to draw fouls and get points in transition.

The issue with that of course is when you run into a team that can guard without fouling and is disciplined in transition, but let's cross that bridge when we reach it.
I could be worrying too much, but ever since the Wall / Cousins team I get cold sweats thinking about a weak shooting Calipari team. Good teams eventually just pack it in on defense.

Monk lit it up today, but I'm not sure we have any dependable shooters on this roster. Willis may be the closest, but he looks pretty bad in general. Hopefully I'm wrong.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
I'm surprised/impressed at how we're hanging in there with the 3 stud frosh out and Grayson playing so poorly. Impressed that Jeter hasn't just completely crumpled against a real team. There's hope for him yet to be more than a Josh Hairston 2.0.

Kansas's foul trouble helps, obviously, but we're not exactly in a comfortable foul position either, and we're not as deep due to injury.

thefro

I'm torn, IU beat Kansas already, so Kansas beating Duke will help our RPI/SOS. Also I hate Duke.

But Kentucky will be #1 in the polls if Duke loses. Tough choice.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Settle down KU. Lets see how good you would be with your top 3 freshmen out with injuries. Since two of them are making most of the plays, my guess would be not so hot.

scoobs

Settle down KU. Lets see how good you would be with your top 3 freshmen out with injuries. Since two of them are making most of the plays, my guess would be not so hot.

Ah come on, theres nothing wrong with kids having fun. This one will be close at the end, don't get your panties in a bunch

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Ah come on, theres nothing wrong with kids having fun. This one will be close at the end, don't get your panties in a bunch

I'm not mad at all, this game wont matter 24 hours after the horn sounds let alone 3 months from now. It probably wouldn't be so bad if Allen and Frank Jackson weren't so terrible tonight. There will be a few more of these to come.

BajiBoxer

Banned
I'm jealous of Kansas having Azubuike. A talented McDonalds All-American 7 footer who can't leave after his freshman year. Doesn't seem fair, lol.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Finally hitting some of our open 3s. Still getting killed inside though. At least they're keeping it exciting!

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Frank Jackson doing his best Tyus Stones impression.

Top Bottom