• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 - Bathurst trailer

Lack of news does seems to be an indicator for games that are about to be delayed, though i doubt Sony will let GT6 be delayed.

The game be skidding into 2014

Kaz took his eye off the ball with his movie projects. I'd happily accept a 3 month delay if the game ships with motorbikes and a non gimped course maker.

The Stealth Fox

If lack of news is an indicator for delay, then every game that Polyphony Digital has made had to have been delayed. PD are terrible at communicating.

As far as I'm concerned, we've gotten a bit of information this year per PD standards, so I think it'll be here on Dec. 6th. The game is pretty much done, as of a few months ago, all they were tweaking is physics and some other stuff. Game modes are all finalized.

bud

they'll just release an incomplete game rather than delaying it. kaz has mentioned several time that he sees gran turismo as a "service." he's already hinted at the improved sounds (and the new course maker, but i could be wrong about that) not making it in time for launch.

incomplete launch versions
this is the future of gran turismo

The Stealth Fox

they'll just release an incomplete game rather than delaying it. kaz has mentioned several time that he sees gran turismo as a "service." he's already hinted at the improved sounds (and the new course maker, but i could be wrong about that) not making it in time for launch.

incomplete launch versions
this is the future of gran turismo

Well, at least there won't be a broken XP system and lack of organization with poor UI. I think the core game will be fine.

Also, graphicallly, at least in 720p, the game seems to be nothing but graphical highs. At least we won't have the "lows" of GT5, with non-uprezzed standards. At most, we might have some frame hitches here and there, but that's it.

The worst parts of GT5 were:

1. Garbage UI
2. Crappy looking standards that looked even worse at times from GT4
3. That nasty nasty alpha effect that basically ruined IQ, along with jaggy shadows, leading to tons of visual inconsistency
4. Experience system and separate B-spec career was total garbage, as it was all artifically padded with no game flow or sense of progression like in GT1-4

All of those things have been pretty much resolved. Now, we may have to wait on a course maker that allows us to lay out our tracks, but honestly, I'm just happy that all that old stuff is GONE.

There's just way too much pessimism about this game. GT5's development was an aberration, and even then, it had a ton of useful features that will be kept while re-arranging the structure of it all for GT6.

amar212

Interesting development with the EU Anniversary Editions.

The prices for all PAL Anniversary Editions had apparently been reduced by approx. 15% - for example, from 69 pounds to 59 pounds (UK Game) and from 89 euros to 79 euros in Germany (exclusive to MediaMarkt it seems).

I presume the reduction is a result of the final confirmation how Apex II book will not be included in the PAL editions, but available only as a download through Apple iOS/GooglePlay Android store. Bummer really, I was so looking forward to it.

Apex II book as a physical item will be available only for JP/Asia/HK versions of the game ATM

amar212

Interesting, I was certain it was 89 euros. Well, let us hope euros price will also be reduced then, once I calculate in my local currency, 71 euros should be the equivalent for 60 pounds ATM

70 euros would be great.

Mobius 1

I don't believe it will be delayed – Kaz already went on record to say that some features won't release with the game and added later on.

But the lack of news is disconcerting with just over 40 days to release. Maybe Sony put a plug on all marketing that is not PS4 related. Given the size of the GT franchise, I could see why they would not want to distract people with a PS3 title when there is a new system to sell. Particularly now that Driveclub hydroplaned into 2014.

benzy

This year at the SEMA (Specialty Equipment Market Association) Show, fans of Gran Turismo and all things automotive will have the opportunity to select one exhibiting car to be immortalized in the world’s best-selling racing franchise.

For 2013, Kazunori Yamauchi, creator of the Gran Turismo franchise and President of Polyphony Digital, has opened up judging to fans to help select this year’s inaugural People’s Choice Award. Now, people from across the globe will have the opportunity to vote for their favorite car at the SEMA show. Check out the Gran Turismo Facebook page on November 5th for photos of this year’s People’s Choice automotive candidates.

Whichever car receives the most Facebook “Likes” will be crowned the winner of the People’s Choice Award. The crowd-sourced winner will compete along the five judged category winners for Best in Show honors as selected by the Gran Turismo staff. The Best in Show overall winner will be modeled for Gran Turismo and will appear as a playable vehicle in an upcoming game.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/10/22/help-crown-gran-turismo-awards-winner-during-sema-2013/

Hopefully people won't waste this chance on trying to push a Porsche through when they know that it'll never be picked as Best in Show.

Goldrusher

Hopefully people won't waste this chance on trying to push a Porsche through when they know that it'll never be picked as Best in Show.
Impossible...
Check out the Gran Turismo Facebook page on November 5th for photos of this year’s People’s Choice automotive candidates.
So basically Polyphony will pick a bunch of finalists, and we'll get to pick the winner.

Djie

Neo Member
Interesting, I was certain it was 89 euros. Well, let us hope euros price will also be reduced then, once I calculate in my local currency, 71 euros should be the equivalent for 60 pounds ATM

70 euros would be great.

The retail price is 79,99, confirmed by Sony with an additional pre order bonus (Precision Pack) at most retailers. On first hand they also posted that the Apex II book will be available, but they revoked that statement. Unfortunalty we will not see a physical edition of the Apex II book in Europe :(

Precision Pack Cars:
  • GT-R NISMO GT3 15th Anniversary Edition
  • Dodge Viper GTS 15th Anniversary Edition
  • Corvette Stingray (C7) 15th Anniversary Edition
  • Tesla Model S Signature Performance 15th Anniversary Edition
  • R8 LMS ultra 15th Anniversary Edition

i swear this game has been delayed

it no longer features on sony's uk ps3 tv ad where they showcase the last of us, beyond and gt6

it's been cut which means bad news is on the way

ruttyboy

i swear this game has been delayed

it no longer features on sony's uk ps3 tv ad where they showcase the last of us, beyond and gt6

it's been cut which means bad news is on the way

Really? God I hope not, I've been trying to avoid playing GT5 so I'm fresh for GT6, but if this is true...

/SAD FACE

amar212

Well, the nacional broadcast within next 24 hours will be.. insenae.

Solid will probably make a thread, but everyone should be happy and we will have a beautiful discussion where tears will be made of joy, respect and honor.

Well, the nacional news within next 24 hours will be.. insennae.

Solid will probably make a thread, but everyone should be happy and we will have a beautiful discussion where tears will be made of joy, respect and honor.

I feel like there is something hidden in this post.

Niks

Well, the nacional news within next 24 hours will be.. insennae.

Well this came out of nowhere... blig blowout tomorrow?

nacional = sennas sponsor
wat

I guess he's talking about the Brazil Game Show. Which Sony will be at with GT6 tomorrow.

hmm sennas most famous racing car is a the mclaren mp4.... didnt Forza have a McLaren deal going on?

MoGamesXNA

Unconfirmed Member
It's beautiful. Lolol at them faking the engine sounds again.

I refuse to believe they were faked damnit :)

I'll be buying it anyway but I really hope Polyphony pull through and give GT6 decent engine sounds in the promised post-release patch. It detracts so much from the game hearing the sound of a vacuum cleaner coming from your chosen supercar.

bud

took them long enough.

hmm sennas most famous racing car is a the mclaren mp4.... didnt Forza have a McLaren deal going on?

Was there any sort of exclusivity involved? I know that the P1 has already been confirmed for Rivals. Maybe it's general F1 support instead of just being limited to Ferrari's? It seems like it's pretty big if amar is willing to hype it.

Senna's MP4/4 in GT6? God yes. That car was a real miss in F1 2013.

Niks

Was there any sort of exclusivity involved? I know that the P1 has already been confirmed for Rivals. Maybe it's general F1 support instead of just being limited to Ferrari's? It seems like it's pretty big if amar is willing to hype it.

Well they do seem to have a "partnership" of sorts, dunno if that means exclusive use of McLaren F1 machines.
If it was a broader F1 related news Amar wouldn't have singled out Senna.. and such an announcemente would have been better suited for last weeks Japanese GP.. then again.. "winds and birds" lol

Getting the MP4 would be pretty sweet.

Speaking of Senna, be sure to turn your speakers up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeO2q8FzcnM

Making of
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVeSYyYzjhY

Well they do seem to have a "partnership" of sorts, dunno if that means exclusive use of McLaren F1 machines.
If it was a broader F1 related news Amar wouldn't have singled out Senna.. and such an announcemente would have been better suited for last weeks Japanese GP.. then again.. "winds and birds" lol

Well, i'd guess Senna's would obviously be the big get of the bunch as well as the main focus since it's a Brazilian show. But it'd still be huge even if it's just about Senna. I wonder if they're planning on doing something special with it?

Mobius 1

Why would you do this to me?

I'm looking around GTplanet and someone mentioned that Kaz spent some time at the Ayrton Senna Institute a few days ago. Does anyone have any more info on that?

Mobius 1

I'm looking around GTplanet and someone mentioned that Kaz spent some time at the Ayrton Senna Institute a few days ago. Does anyone have any more info on that?

I heard that Codemasters was unable to depict Senna's helmet design and the McLarens on F1 2013 Historic Mode because they could not secure licensing from Ayrton Senna Institute.

Senna had strong ties with Honda and the japanese. So perhaps there's something to it.

Whoa, great news. I don't think they'll just dip their toes in with a property like that. Hopefully they'll make a strong showing and include many of the cars made famous by him. If they got his name and likeness too, just don't make him look a fool Jeff Gordon style ;-)

@Norante, stacks of cold hard cash help too! CM wouldn't pony up for something like that. Hell they put the '96 Ferrari in their game. A car so ugly, they're the ones who probably got paid. Seriously though, they gave Reiza Studios a Senna licence, and those guy really don't have any money. It pays to have ties.

While it'd be nice to get the 5 Senna cars from GT3, even just one car in its original livery and not PD skin would be great
3AQmK.gif

Then again, this is PD so im not getting my hopes up. The lack of F2002/F2004 despite the Ferrari license is disappointing :/

ruttyboy

Whoa, great news. I don't think they'll just dip their toes in with a property like that. Hopefully they'll make a strong showing and include many of the cars made famous by him. If they got his name and likeness too, just don't make him look a fool Jeff Gordon style ;-)

Unfortunately all PD did is dip their toes in every licence they had with GT5, the most criminal of which was the waste of the WRC stuff.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Unfortunately all PD did is dip their toes in every licence they had with GT5, the most criminal of which was the waste of the WRC stuff.

That was the way I felt too. I hoped for extensive car and track and championship representations of a lot more driving disciplines they have licenses for.

My cock would explode if we get the McLaren-Honda MP4/4 and the other F1 cars in that Eurogamer photo.

Kazzie please!

If Senna does feature in GT6 it'll be some lame Senna NSX / Suzuka challenge.

Top Bottom