• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 8 | Expecting reprints? Too bad. Waluigi time.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
7OOJv0J.png

Ashilyn

That OT image size is getting out of control.

I'm actually kinda hype for a Daisy amiibo, and definitely for the new Zelda ones. I'm... I'm not sure who the Waluigi one is for though. Has his time finally come?

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
That OT image size is getting out of control.

I'm actually kinda hype for a Daisy amiibo, and definitely for the new Zelda ones. I'm... I'm not sure who the Waluigi one is for though. Has his time finally come?

Ash, I don't think you understand the magnitude of people that want a Waluigi amiibo. Also yeah the OT is getting massive, I dunno what to do. There's no real good solution for a continuous long image. I tried to make it as mobile friendly as possible, but it probably barely even loads on mobile. Hmm. Not enough time to research though, new E3 amiibo!

Reposting for the new OT: E3 amiibo lineup
lF5wKIr.png

Wave 2 of Super Mario is also available for preorder on Amazon right now:
Waluigi
Wario
Daisy
Boo
Rosalina
Diddy Kong
Donkey Kong

Some news as well:

FAKE EDIT: Added the above new tidbits into the OT. "Flexible tendrils!" isn't exactly a selling point but there you go. :p

illusionary

Oh dear... I knew that there'd have to be at least one new Zelda amiibo requiring purchase, but I hadn't banked on three!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Well, it's not Corrin, Cloud, & Bayonetta, but yay for more Mario and Zelda amiibo.

I'll just get Waluigi & Boo, but I guess I'll get the Zelda ones. Wonder how my friend will react since he just wanted the main Zelda amiibo & that was it.

Got all Super Mario Wave 2 secured on Amazon. I'm not ever going to take any chances on amiibo. I'm always going to get them as soon as I can.

Super excited for Boo above all others. Can't wait to turn out the lights and watch it glow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are the dioramas coming to N/A? I'll probably skip those, but the Kirby and Squid Sister ones are pretty cool.

donny2112

No announcement of Corrin, Cloud, and Bayonetta, which was weird. Maybe they're holding them back for NX release. :p Glad to finally see a Vol. 2 of the Super Mario amiibo. Glow-in-the-dark Boo will be mine! All the new Zelda BotW amiibo rock. Figure the Guardian amiibo with moveable limbs will probably be $25 when it comes out. Thing is huge! Gotta get them all, though (and two of the Guardian :p). Can't wait to see the (has to be coming) Zelda diorama that'll be Japan-only and have to be imported (again)!

Well I've got the new Mario lineup preordered already, still waiting for Amazon to put up the sisters though. Of course I'll be picking up all the Zelda amiibo too :)

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
HEY NINTENDO HOW CAN I GET WOLF LINK AMIIBO IF YOU DON'T SELL IT?

Dear KingWool,
We are happy to hear of your patronage. As the vast leader of an entire nation of sheep, we know that you are a busy individual, and would thus like to extend two offers to your kingdom:

1) Procure The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD amiibo bundle from Best Buy for $39.99, or $31.99 with Gamer's Club Unlocked, gaining both the amiibo and the game for much lower that suggested retail price.
2) Import a Wolf Link single amiibo for around $18 shipped from Amazon third party seller. We are unsure of the taxation involved when passing sheep customs, but these prices just can't be bleat.

We wish ewe good tiding and fantastic adventures,
-Nintendo

Skrams

latest

Really excited for the Zelda line and wave 2 of Super Mario looks super good too. Glad I can get a Rosalina for sure since the reprints are just out of nowhere too.

KingWool

Banned
Dear KingWool,
We are happy to hear of your patronage. As the vast leader of an entire nation of sheep, we know that you are a busy individual, and would thus like to extend two offers to your kingdom:

1) Procure The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD amiibo bundle from Best Buy for $39.99, or $31.99 with Gamer's Club Unlocked, gaining both the amiibo and the game for much lower that suggested retail price.
2) Import a Wolf Link single amiibo for around $18 shipped from Amazon third party seller. We are unsure of the taxation involved when passing sheep customs, but these prices just can't be bleat.

We wish ewe good tiding and fantastic adventures,
-Nintendo

I bought TPHD digitally

I just went to a store here that I hadn't been to before. They had a display case with a bunch of old Nintendo figures. They had this there and I want it so bad!!! It's a tiny Donkey Kong Jr. figurine. Before amiibo came along, I wouldn't have even looked twice at something like this.

donkjr.jpg

Zalman

Boo feels like the odd one out in the Mario set. He's the only enemy there. Would've made sense to include him in a future wave with Goomba, Koopa Troopa, Shy Guy etc.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Boo feels like the odd one out in the Mario set. He's the only enemy there. Would've made sense to include him in a future wave with Goomba, Koopa Troopa, Shy Guy etc.

Hey, at least it's not Spike. :p

Kaleo

Neo Member

This second wave seems tied with the upcoming Mario Party Star Rush, and Boo was a playable character on MP Island Tour...

mpitcharacters.png

Guess he'll be playable again (probably all the other characters from both Super Mario Series' waves, too).

But I'm still waiting my Bayoqueen amiibo :(

Top Bottom