• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (~200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2017 Edition ||

oldmario

NISA Europe store opened pre-order for:

Tokyo Tattoo Girls - Limited Edition £39.99
https://store.nisaeurope.com/collections/pre-order/products/tokyo-tattoo-girls-limited-edition

Demon Gaze II - Limited Edition £49.99 (PS4 aswell)
https://store.nisaeurope.com/collections/pre-order/products/demon-gaze-ii-limited-edition

Also Nights of Azure 2 (Switch/PS4).

with a price like that on Tokyo Tattoo Girls should i just pre-order it and not expect a regular edition? iirc A Rose in The Twilight was that price too also once again europeans are getting nisa'd because these cost 1:1 with the US counterparts

Shizuka

with a price like that on Tokyo Tattoo Girls should i just pre-order it and not expect a regular edition? iirc A Rose in The Twilight was that price too also once again europeans are getting nisa'd because these cost 1:1 with the US counterparts

There's a standard edition for that game, at least in North America.

oldmario

There's a standard edition for that game, at least in North America.

A Rose in the Twilight also got that treatment there too but here it was LE only, NISA EU only mentioned Tokyo tattoo Girls yesterday for the first time since it was announced at the NISA event

There is another Ys Origins Limited Edition from Arc System Works for Asia:

1Ygq3r4.jpg

59$. Heavy Arm Store is already taking pre-orders:
https://twitter.com/HeavyArm_Store/status/888339587554095104

Looks even better than the LRG one, guess I'll pick this up instead.

Shizuka

Yes. You know it's what you want. I was hoping I'd have more time to get it though.

I do have a digital copy, but I just ordered the limited edition from VGP. They have a "slightly damaged box" listing for cheaper and it's part of the free shipping promo.

i-Jest

I do have a digital copy, but I just ordered the limited edition from VGP. They have a "slightly damaged box" listing for cheaper and it's part of the free shipping promo.

Shake off any regrets you have. Your future self, two years from now, will thank you for this act.

Sadly, the box is pretty fragile by default. VGP is already the best option for proper packaging.

I used Amazon because of Prime... but that wasn't a good idea.

MikeyB

PS TV just wasn't cutting it. I picked up an Aqua Blue PCH 2006. I love it. It is my first Sony handheld and it feels so much better than the DS or 3DS XLs. Not as unwieldy yet not so flimsy.

My first games on it have been Castlevania SotN and Axiom Verge. Suikoden 2 and Muramasa are next. Sad to hear about Banner Saga. I would have bought that for sure.

Jimrpg

PS TV just wasn't cutting it. I picked up an Aqua Blue PCH 2006. I love it. It is my first Sony handheld and it feels so much better than the DS or 3DS XLs. Not as unwieldy yet not so flimsy.

My first games on it have been Castlevania SotN and Axiom Verge. Suikoden 2 and Muramasa are next. Sad to hear about Banner Saga. I would have bought that for sure.

Congrats! The PSTV doesn't really cut it as there's loads of games that aren't compatible, completely stupid decision in my book. Stuff like the US version of Jak and Daxter is playable on the PSTV but not the EU version. Its fine if you need an HDMI out for streaming recording games.

The Vita 2000 is easily the best piece of gaming hardware of all time.

i-Jest

Congrats! The PSTV doesn't really cut it as there's loads of games that aren't compatible, completely stupid decision in my book. Stuff like the US version of Jak and Daxter is playable on the PSTV but not the EU version. Its fine if you need an HDMI out for streaming recording games.

The Vita 2000 is easily the best piece of gaming hardware of all time.

Switch owners might disagree.

Jimrpg

:)

Probably! I prefer the Vita D-pad though!

And I also prefer the one piece design of the Vita over the detachable controllers of the Switch. It is cool to be able to detach them and play with your friends or in my case the kids. But as a handheld, the Vita slim is just perfect.

I think there are some things they could fix on the Switch too if they ever did a reiteration.

Game of the year just arrived.

Nice! Maybe I have a problem, but I have this and the other two Fun Box Media games on pre-order. It's shovel ware, but interesting collectible pieces.

Slim Vita is probably my favourite piece of gaming hardware ever. I used to like the OLED better but it just doesn't compare.

Agreed,

I really love the OLED screen, despite not beeing the best OLED screen at all. But the handling and feeling from the Slim Vita is just perfect. I'm used to switching my Vitas regularly with playing the OLED more (EU account vs US account) - not anymore.

mollipen

I've come to really like the Switch, but man it's just way, way too big for me as a handheld. It actually feels uncomfortable after a while due to how big and wide it is. If the size was taken down by 1/3rd, it'd be fantastic.

Plus, I'm learning just how poor the analog sticks are for certain games (Splatoon 2), and not having a proper d-pad is going to really suck sometimes. I think Switch is pretty great as a "do both" machine, but the Vita is still the best IMHO when it comes to a pure portable.

Also, I'm not sure I'll ever not feel like the Joy-Cons are going to just snap off of the middle screen portion at some point.

redcrayon

I'm really enjoying God Wars. I don't mind the character design - I fell in love with Kuma on the spot, and I don't generally care about that sort of thing. Gameplay is definitely solid, I enjoy the variety of actions. The AI seems solid and combat is fun, though as with any game like this the risk of having your team become OP is there [I do appreciate that instead of replaying missions we get 'new' versions of each mission with different enemies... but it still is hard not to end up OP].

The job system is... well, a job system. It's definitely fun leveling everything up [and I like the skill trees, and I -love- that every character has a unique tree], but it creates a serious problem [mentioned above] where the game practically begs you to grind early and end up wildly OP.

On one hand, I think it's awesome [in theory] that I can be a level 8 shinobi with a subjob of magician, and then take passives I earned as a monk and a priest. In theory. In practice, since I know I'm going to be changing jobs I end up only caring about good passives and my team can easily carry a character that just changed jobs.

Again, I don't think this is a problem with God Wars specifically, I think it's true of every SRPG with a job system I've played. But I'm still having fun.
Just regarding jobs in God Wars, I'm rethinking my initial point about reaching advanced jobs very early- although you reach ones on one job line quickly (warrior-archer-Hunter), I'm having lots of fun with some of the less obvious ones to reach. Just unlocked Daredevil (dual wield), which needed level 8 samurai and level 6 archer, so it's quite rewarding to swap around and take a bit from column A, a bit from column B! I didn't even realise the job existed until a character joined that had it, so I could look at the prerequisites. Just unlocked Shinobi too which looks fun.

I'm now putting more focus on directly managing impurity levels (aggro) which is a nice mechanic too.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
You guys think we have a fair chance of seeing The Lost Child get localized?

Takeyasu Sawaki straight-up told me on Twitter it is being localized. I worked with him for a long time on El Shaddai at Ignition, and I basically asked him to let me localize it. He was like "Sorry, too late!" :3

Game of the year just arrived.

Oh snap is that shovelware actually out already?! Gonna add that to my Velocity 2X order just to be a martyr.

Huh, so I wonder what the real story is with Velocity and Axiom Verge. Every single Spanish retailer--which of course is where Badland is located--lists it as the 8th of August. Perhaps it'll be a staggered release, as every other European country has different dates throughout August, and of course America is listed last. Sounds plausible to me; I'm gonna see if amazon.es actually ships it in a week-and-change.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
Oh, also, for completionists, I posted a method on Twitter of obtaining an NA region copy of the original 2012 Retro City Rampage. It's been delisted from every PS Store in the world except Hong Kong, which mysteriously never got Retro City Rampage DX.

To make a long story short, GameStop USA is still selling download codes:

I was able to download it today. Why would you want it? It's a fascinating look at the game's lengthy creation process, and has an entirely different set of Trophies:

redcrayon

I'm not sure whether I find the dedication to complete Vita collections in here inspiring or terrifying (maybe a little of both! :D). Shine on you crazy diamonds.

Ah, Top Trumps. Used to play that on the bus to school back in the early 90s. We loved the Marvel Superhero one as it had loads of the more obscure characters.

Takeyasu Sawaki straight-up told me on Twitter it is being localized. I worked with him for a long time on El Shaddai at Ignition, and I basically asked him to let me localize it. He was like "Sorry, too late!" :3

Wonder if NISA or PQube.

Wonder if Vita physical.

Let's hope!

I don't know how I didn't notice this. This is certainly welcoming news. I hope all goes well this time.

Yeah, ditto. 2D Devil May Cry? I'm definitely interested. Gonna fund it this time and hope it reaches its goal.

My only issue is it's a KS game in 2018. I know they've done a - lot - of work on it already but I assume it's still a fair way off.

Jimrpg

Did you work with Shane Mangod Bettenhausen. Always enjoyed his stuff on 1up! They've all gone on to do well for themselves.

I'm not sure whether I find the dedication to complete Vita collections in here inspiring or terrifying (maybe a little of both! :D). Shine on you crazy diamonds.

The Vita has the least amount of shovelware for a console that I know of. Imagine collecting for Steam!

Figure this is the primary vitaGAF hub now.

Anyone know what firmwares the most recent colors of vita are shipping with?

I assume the silver and metallic red are both > 3.60, what about the blue, white, and orange matte vitas?

redcrayon

The Vita has the least amount of shovelware for a console that I know of. Imagine collecting for Steam!
Hah! :D I can imagine stuff like limited run games makes collectors happy as their shelves sing with limited editions of small print runs of good games, what I want to know is how our resident Vita collectors feel about Funbox media going 'remember when shovelware was physical' and grunting out their most recent games like Top Trumps or Vegas Party. Is that something that has you looking at your wallet and sighing, or does some element of curation kick in? Is there a divide between 'The collection must have everything released' and 'must have everything good'? Portables have been pretty good for collectors since most shovelware went to mobile and steam, I feel.

Not knocking the collectors instinct at all, I've built large and small ones in various gaming hobbies, just curious really. I love looking at some of the collections posted here. :)

Rizzi

I was thinking about importing a blue vita from play asia, because you can't find the consoles in stores here anymore, and the thought of buying a used handheld makes my skin crawl. :p
Is there any place cheaper to import from?

Top Bottom