• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

I ain't tryin' to start anything, friend. I respect that you enjoy SFIV and that you play at a level beyond what I'm capable of reaching at the moment, which undoubtedly gives your opinion more weight than mine.

It's just that to me personally, SFIV isn't as kinetic or fun to play and I think it shares a lot of the same problems SFV suffers from, including some of the cast having positively insane damage output that makes them an absolute chore to fight against.

I'm just naturally predisposed to enjoy SFV more as someone with lackluster execution as well; the only characters I could really play in SFIV were T. Hawk and Poison since they had relatively simple gameplay compared to most of the cast.
I can accidentally do 60% in SFV by just swinging a random heavy button in neutral getting a CC then guess right twice and win. SFIV has defensive options to stop players from getting snowball'd on.

but yea if you fine one game more fun than the other than that's fine, but in regards to damage output.. it's a lot higher in SFV and it takes a lot less effort to do that damage.

Dudley/Evil Ryu/Hugo/T Hawk definitely all have high damage out but they all have weaknesses. Damn near everyone in SFV's damage output is ridiculously high + there's pretty much no defensive options except for V-Reversals which are sometimes hail mary's, a 3f jab and prayers.
Stop pretending SFIV is good or fun first.
SFIV best game

It makes me so sad that this is true. "Hated fighting blanka, seth, and elf? Well, how would you like a game where the whole cast makes you feel helpless in neutral."

hated fighting against Abel? well we put 3 (potentially 5+) mobile grapplers in the game so you can relive that glorious experience in 8f delay :D

I hated fighting Evil Ryu/Yun these fuckers were broken, even after they nerf Yun cunt still remain OP character..I see people complain about balance and top tier in SFV a lot but complete forgot how bust Evil Ryu and Yun were...Seth was another broken cunt before the nerfs but him in the back of the bus..

I don't even like watching SF4 all that much as my only real investment towards it on that end were the players. When you hear about the best matches in the game they tend to be shuffling shotos alternating between faking with st.LK and chucking plasma and that's just not where my interests lie.

Producer

I can do 100% to 0 on any character in the cast within 5 seconds with VT and maybe 2 bars

actually this whole post just trynna trigger me imma chill

no they're not. a shitty elf aint gonna hit an RSF loop on me into a reset. stop this

I can accidentally do 60% in SFV by just swinging a random heavy button in neutral getting a CC then guess right twice and win. SFIV has defensive options to stop players from getting snowball'd on.

but yea if you fine one game more fun than the other than that's fine, but in regards to damage output.. it's a lot higher in SFV and it takes a lot less effort to do that damage.

Dudley/Evil Ryu/Hugo/T Hawk definitely all have high damage out but they all have weaknesses. Damn near everyone in SFV's damage output is ridiculously high + there's pretty much no defensive options except for V-Reversals which are sometimes hail mary's, a 3f jab and prayers.

SFIV best game

hated fighting against Abel? well we put 3 (potentially 5+) mobile grapplers in the game so you can relive that glorious experience in 8f delay :D

hey buddy whats your agenda

I hated fighting Evil Ryu/Yun these fuckers were broken, even after they nerf Yun cunt still remain OP character..I see people complain about balance and top tier in SFV a lot but complete forgot how bust Evil Ryu and Yun were...Seth was another broken cunt before the nerfs but him in the back of the bus..

Evil Ryu and Seth at least came with huge setbacks in being glass cannons

yun.. well at least he stayed true to his 3s self of being OD

SFV characters are full blown cannons with no setbacks lol

YOLO Rashids tend to give me difficulty more than Krazy Kens, mainly because 'Shid seems to have a lot of spammable attacks that are plus on block.

Any advice? Light mixer and light Eagle spike all seem to beat light SPD after block, as do his buttons.

Evil Ryu and Seth at least came with huge setbacks in being glass cannons

yun.. well at least he stayed true to his 3s self of being OD

SFV characters are full blown cannons with no setbacks lol
The setback to being the glass cannon being that they couldn't take a hit? If you're going to label everyone in SFV being like that, then they'd have the same setback by that logic.

Cody was the only good thing about SFIV imo.

Edi: Also finally got around to watching WSO and the Ryu stage is GORGEOUS. 😭 I'm shaking.

mbpm1

I don't even like watching SF4 all that much as my only real investment towards it on that end were the players. When you hear about the best matches in the game they tend to be shuffling shotos alternating between faking with st.LK and chucking plasma and that's just not where my interests lie.
That's my shit

Mizerman

I pretty much stopped watching SF4 sometime after I got bored with playing it. It's SF and I shouldn't be bored with a mainline title, but 4 did just that.

I paid a visit to the Capcom booth at Comicon today and played a little SFV on the Razer stick since I always wondered how it was. I liked it, square gate and all..

Anyway, played a few kids and their mother who surprisingly knew how to throw and do a few command moves. Played a little bit of Abigail and my first impression is that he's horrible. He feels really bad. His quarter circle punch move, the rapid uppercut moves whiffs over the other character's head a lot. It seems like you have catch them jumping for it to hit.

My favorite part though, I played a Ken (I used Nash) who I wrecked in the first round, thinking he would be decent. He knew how to play, just was probably silver rank if I had to guess. His friends started clowning and he complained about me not letting him out of the corner, so the next round I backed off every knock down and simply defended against his attacks. He still complained about me not letting him out of the corner as his friends laughed and walked off into the crowd.

That in person salt.

saltbae.jpg

I pretty much stopped watching SF4 sometime after I got bored with playing it. It's SF and I shouldn't be bored with a mainline title, but 4 did just that.
Same. Just a little after AE hit I just couldn't deal with it anymore and left it behind. But hey it only took like 7 years or so before they actually gave DP FADCs a drawback so there's that.

You could play CS:GO or LOL or any other game.

disgusting

we hearthstone bois b

there's a lot of things I do like about SFV don't get me wrong. CFN is great, I actually really like the main menu screen, replay system is great, soundtrack is amazing, stages are great, some animations are great, I appreciate them putting effort into making a story mode even though it was really ass BUT I do respect the effort.

its just some of the decisions they made with the gameplay are kinda ass backwards.

I think it was Gamerbee in his last interview said his like 17 years of experience in fighting games doesn't really make a difference in this game and I really understand why. A person who picked up this game or fighting games in general this January could be on the same level as Daigo by the end of the year.

mbpm1

I think it was Gamerbee in his last interview said his like 17 years of experience in fighting games doesn't really make a difference in this game and I really understand why. A person who picked up this game or fighting games in general this January could be on the same level as Daigo by the end of the year.

thats a good thing tho right

america can win

I want to see that again.

CFN is such a dry snitch. Anybody can see your matches at any time and start downloading.

yep. prep time is free now. In SFIV daigo would hide all his online replays, the only matches we'd see of gameinn was when his opponent won and uploaded it lol. in SFV? all that shit is out in the open. Probably best to just start a new account if you want to remain hidden

CFN is such a dry snitch. Anybody can see your matches at any time and start downloading.

yep. prep time is free now. In SFIV daigo would hide all his online replays, the only matches we'd see of gameinn was when his opponent won and uploaded it lol. in SFV? all that shit is out in the open. Probably best to just start a new account if you want to remain hidden

That's why they all (FGC heavy hitters) have those smurf accounts.

Knuckle Du just got exposed by Punk and Smug on the latest Excellent Adventures.

Both those figures look yummy~.

I'm still incredibly pissed about missing the Gym Sakura one. It was NYCC exclusive, and I was literally in the car about two blocks from the convention itself, but my parents refused to stop by, plus I wasn't going to spend $30 or so to get in just to go spend another $80 on a figure.

I want to see that again.

I fucking loved the hell out of those shoto matches. If you dislike bullshit and wanted to see a mastery of spacing and footsies than those were the matches to watch. They were normally slower paced matches and it was amazing and extremely tense the entire match up. SFV shoto matches greatly pale in comparison. I mean does anybody even know what a low forward fireball in neutral looks like anymore. It's just a dash fest, whiffing normals at mid screen while buffering into special to catch dash ins, or long range medium normals being used as pokes because you want that thing out as fast as possible and going to downback(to start a hado motion) will delay it by a frame or two and it's just not worth it anymore.

I can accept the fact that SFV will never have that level of footsie. But please just tone down the 50/50 situations. What I find hype about SF is neutral. Blow ups are hype to, but they're hype because they were harder to earn. Yeah people hated Seth, Viper, Yun, and Akuma. Well practically everybody in SFV are those characters now. I thought we wanted less of that?

Pachinko

I've been playing this game a bit more since last weekends wonderful Evo top 8 .. well and also all the content coming on Tuesday ... and I've had another epiphany that might well apply to SF in general more than just SFV.

I love using RYU so long as it's against another shoto player , so in SFV that means Ken , Akuma or a straight up mirror match. He's not quite as much fun to use against anyone else but man do I have a blast with shoto warfare. I suppose it boils down to knowing enough of the options available to both me and my opponent combined with spending a lot more time with Ryu than anyone else (going back to USF4 really, just to try and properly learn the games) means that *I* understand the character at a pretty good level and the matchup knowledge isn't quite as crazy.

I mean, as I've said many times in the past , I quite like Rashid and feel I'm another 10 hours of practice away from being decent with him but , I don't get the same satisfaction landing a combo with him just yet because... I'm not quite as good at it as I am with Ryu.

Calling a spade and spade here - I'm currently a bronze ranked player that could probably grind himself up to super bronze with Ryu or Rashid but not accomplish much else. I've also grown fond of using Cammy, Chun, Juri and I dabble in Guile, Karin, Laura and Dhalsim but the rest of the cast just isn't holding my interest that much. Abigail looks entertaining in a trollish sort of way because I know my buddy (CFN - justletmeplay) will hate fighting him but I don't think he'll be a serious pick for me, more like he's on par with Hakkan from USF4.

So hopefully Menat has a cool playstyle and isn't massively underpowered like Juri or hard to use properly like Ibuki.

It's still a long ways off but I really do hope the Super SFV rumors are true and that revision fixes many of the things I still hear people complain about just to get them to either start enjoying the game more or move on already. Changes like maybe knocking that last half a ms of lag off to put sf5 in line with sf4 at roughly 6 frames. Perhaps taking the 2 frame buffer down to 1 frame while they're at it to open up large combo possibilities as well as more exciting reactions at the highest level. Maybe add in a "V-select" that tweaks characters to play differently - giving them a new vskill/trigger and possibly even a new critical art while having subtle tweaks to damage and range to make sure the variation is properly balanced. It would effectively double the potential cast if they do it right. Some might say it's too little too late but tossing in that arcade mode coupled with rebranding the game might actually work to get those that skipped the original release a reason to try this one out.

As far as what's rumored for SSFV/season 3 for characters ? Sagat and Sakura are fine choices , C. Viper is basically the only SF4 character worth bringing back and as for the SF3 peeps (if rumors are to be believed) well... Oro and Necro I could do without but I know Necro has a fan base and hasn't been in a game since third strike... and Oro is in the same boat I guess although ... he was never very fun to use ? Q is cool though.

So the future (season 4/5) of this games lifespan (quoted at 5 years more than once) should be interesting.. will capcom go with more new characters to round out those last dozen characters OR will they bring in nothing but fan favorites that aren't in there ... maybe a little of both ?

By my count , there aren't too many classic cast members left to throw in that seem that desired ... I mean if the season 3 rumors are correct anyway. Dudley and Makoto as well as Yun/Yang ... maybe Sean (but I doubt it) ... possibly Sodom if they want to toss in barely used characters ... maybe Cody ... perhaps Roxxy instead of Poison. I mean I guess... maybe Fei Long as well ...

Only time will tell I suppose.

Top Bottom