• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taiko No Tatsujin Drum Session coming out in english in Southeast Asia

Intel_89

Where’s yours going to?! Mine’s going to Seattle. No idea if I’ll get dinged with customs charges. I ordered an extra tatacon too...

It should only be a problem if it's over 200$ if you're in Seatle, mine is on its way to Portugal. It usually takes at least two-three weeks to get here + a couple of days for the parcel to be on its merry way either to be delivered or to be opened by customs.

Kid Ying

The tracklist but in japanese : tracklist
Hmmm... Lots of rehash songs. I Will still get it, but i'm a bit disappointed at the lack of new songs. Taiko 3 on wiiu was already a bit like this and was my least played twiko in years.

Still, since its a fresh start on a New console, i understand. It Will probably have some good dlc songs too.

SHarris78

What are the chances of the DLC working on both verions (JP / Asian) on the same console?

I've got the JP/Tatacon bundle version coming Monday with the Asian (English) version sometime later. If I buy the DLC from the JP store, as well as being able to play it on the JP version, do we know if it'll also be available in the Asian version when I start playing that - or would this count as 2 separate games requiring 2 separate DLC purchases???

Don't know whether to hold off buying the DLC just in case and buy it when the Asian version arrives which I'll be playing exclusively.

kirby2096

Anyone can confirm if the japanese version has no english sub?
It has english subs if you have your PS4 system set to English (or any language other than Japanese/Chinese/Korean) as it's the same game no matter which version you buy (same product identifier on JP and Asia stores).

What are the chances of the DLC working on both verions (JP / Asian) on the same console?

I've got the JP/Tatacon bundle version coming Monday with the Asian (English) version sometime later. If I buy the DLC from the JP store, as well as being able to play it on the JP version, do we know if it'll also be available in the Asian version when I start playing that - or would this count as 2 separate games requiring 2 separate DLC purchases???

Don't know whether to hold off buying the DLC just in case and buy it when the Asian version arrives which I'll be playing exclusively.

I've downloaded the free Deemo DLC pack for Taiko on the JP store since it isn't on the Asia store; it's recognised in the Asia game and can be accessed. You can even open Taiko while logged in with your JP account and view/purchase the DLC via the in-game menus if you so wish.

I see no reason to think that other DLC packs for this game won't work since they are using the exact same game code on both versions. So if there were to be licensing issues for any future content beyond the Donder Packs Vol 1-6, you'll be able purchase the DLC from the JP Store and access them.

Cizard

Amazon.co.jp has the Japanese version for a lot less than that. Which i've been told also has english on the disc but maybe someone who knows for sure can answer that (edit: kirby already confirmed this).

Poppyseed

It should only be a problem if it's over 200$ if you're in Seatle, mine is on its way to Portugal. It usually takes at least two-three weeks to get here + a couple of days for the parcel to be on its merry way either to be delivered or to be opened by customs.

Well it was over $200 including shipping. And about $160 before shipping. So we’ll see...

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
after playing the demo with my arcade stick, I am pretty satisfied with playing with the buttons! Wish I had rock band on ps4, would love to use the rock band drum set to play.

Z..

Lucky you, I'm in for a one to two-month wait depending on whether or not it gets caught in customs.
Olha que não, às vezes nem uma semana demora, depende mesmo da sorte que tiveres com a alfândega... Also, o bundle com o TaTaCon tá fora de stock outra vez portanto o preço não aparece, quanto foi?

Edit ok, já vi nvmd.

The tracklist but in japanese : tracklist

Bah. Fuck this, then. Why is thumper the only rhythm game with a decent soundtrack? Been loving these ever since I first played Ouendan with that and TaTa being my favs but I'm dead tired of the horrible horrible horrible tracklists. These gameplay models deserve better.

Seyob

The reviews in Japan for the Tatacon are absolutely terrible. The controller is supposedly unresponsive, hurting the gameplay. Has anyone here tested it themselves???

Kid Ying

after playing the demo with my arcade stick, I am pretty satisfied with playing with the buttons! Wish I had rock band on ps4, would love to use the rock band drum set to play.
I honestly prefer to play with buttons than with that tatacon. I dont think the tatacon is all that. It's too small compared with the arcade version and that changes a lot lf things.

Although playing in the arcade is the best way to go.

Intel_89

Olha que não, às vezes nem uma semana demora, depende mesmo da sorte que tiveres com a alfândega... Also, o bundle com o TaTaCon tá fora de stock outra vez portanto o preço não aparece, quanto foi?

Edit ok, já vi nvmd.

Diz isso ao meu Caladrius Blaze que demorou um mês a chegar a Portugal e quase um extra para ser desalfandegado... Alem de ser uma questão de tempos das transportadoras é uma questão de sorte na alfandega.

Yeah, I've read a couple of Amazon reviews and the quality of the drums doesn't seem to be the best.

Poppyseed

Amazon.co.jp reviews

Well they’re wrong! I needed to spend some time calibrating for my TV in the settings, but the game is awesome! My wife and I played all night. Can’t believe there’s a Japanese “Let it go” from Frozen. So awesome I can’t even...

Can I buy the Japanese DLC and have it work on my USA account?

Poppyseed

Ok so here's some info for you if you bought the English/Asian (non-Japanese version).

Firstly, there is a slip in the game with a pack of songs code. That code will NOT work on a Japanese account. You need a Malaysian/Singapore etc account to redeem it.

So, I created a Japanese PSN account to get the DLC song pack for 2700 yen. I then created a Singapore PSN account to be able to redeem the pack-in songs included with the base game currently.

After that, I was able to switch back to my USA PSN account and all the songs are there to play! Yay!

So addicted!

Pro Tip:

Turn off the sound effects in the menu, because they always lag behind your drum beats and can be offputting. I remember doing the same back in the PS2 days!

Dyna

I was in Tokyo last week and skipped on buying the bundle because I thought it didn't support English subtitles, dang it. :(

KaidoRacer7

Are the DLC songs likely to become available through the Asian PSN store?

I think so... bought the deluxe edition and it came with some dlcs. In the store page, it says:

*All the abovementioned bonus will be payable DLCs on the PlayStation®Store after the valid dates.*

okay.... i don't know if it's bad luck, but the tatacon is SHIT! It doesn't recognize half of my hit... especially the left in general... it only detect hit on the side if i hit the upper side, but completly to the side doesn't work at all

i don't know if it's the general quality of the thing or i just got one that doesn't work

Poppyseed

okay.... i don't know if it's bad luck, but the tatacon is SHIT! It doesn't recognize half of my hit... especially the left in general... it only detect hit on the side if i hit the upper side, but completly to the side doesn't work at all

i don't know if it's the general quality of the thing or i just got one that doesn't work

Sounds defective to me. I have two and both work great.

eastx

Can someone who bought the Asian version please confirm whether or not it's compatible with DLC purchased from a Japanese PSN account? Or must a Hong Kong PSN account be used for DLC?

Top Bottom