• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh coming to Steam on November 7, Nioh Complete for PS4 same day

MattAces

But it works for every mission?

Good, I'll put it on the list!

You can't co-op for your first playthrough. One person will have to complete it first. Unless they've changed it post post post update. The co-op is more like one player helping the other.

Durante

Not the same as souls as in put a sign down and summon you're friend in, In Nioh one of you has to do the mission first to be summoned in by you're friend. Then it gives an option to go through the same level together with harder difficulty's and a life bar for you both to revive.

Pro's and con's too the mechanic. Ideally you would both do it the latter way straight from the off like the Souls games.
Wait, someone has to play it in SP?
Interest diminished.

You can't co-op for your first playthrough. One person will have to complete it first. Unless they've changed it post post post update. The co-op is more like one player helping the other.
Well that sucks.

On the other hand, it's on PC, maybe that's simple enough to mod.

Lanrutcon

100 gb.

Does that mean I need to buy it, and pirate some dumb version with the movies ripped out? :( Why is that huge?

Alexious

Nice, except it seems like we'll only get the same modes available on PS4 Pro, that is to say 60FPS mode or 4K mode.

I don't see why they would not allow powerful hardware to run as fast as possible. Also, for some reason, the Store page says there's only "partial" controller support.

Eolz

Fantastic news, can't recommend it enough!

And I'm pretty sure I remember noticing before launch at various occasions (Psx, interviews, etc) hints that it would be a temporary exclusive, nice to see that it wasn't a mistake :)

I can find back the details later on, but it was something like console exclusive at PSX (that sony and some people here insisted was a mistake) and interviews edited later on doing either a pc mention or saying it might not always stay on ps4.

Nice, except it seems like we'll only get the same modes available on PS4 Pro, that is to say 60FPS mode or 4K mode.

I don't see why they would not allow powerful hardware to run as fast as possible. Also, for some reason, the Store page says there's only "partial" controller support.
Likely a launcher.

Forkball

New helmet for Steam release.

DLIogjMU8AAcB_j.jpg

Please don't be 30 fps

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I thought this was PS4 exclusive? Does that mean...

There was some confusion there because the PS4 version was reported to be published by Sony when in fact it was just going to act as the retail distributor. Ownership of the IP, game and publishing rights have always been in KT's hands; Sony just locked down nine months of exclusivity by agreeing to handle retail distribution.

Wait, someone has to play it in SP?
Interest diminished.

Well that sucks.

On the other hand, it's on PC, maybe that's simple enough to mod.

Yeah unfortunately, Ruins the experience somewhat knowing you or you're friend has done the mission first.

In the beta they allowed us to do the missions in co-op straight away, Giving the illusion it was going to be that way in the final game. Turns out it wasn't and one of you has to do the mission first.

I still recommend it somewhat, As you both can do it the Yokai real way for the challenge. But yeah it was gutting they removed it the beta way.

Not particularly confident it'll be a good PC port given Koei-Tecmo's track record. Doubtful as it is, hopefully they'll clean up their act.

It is Nioh, a franchise that have sold pretty great on PS4. They will at least put effort with a PC port of a game with such importance to them.

Lulubop

There was some confusion there because the PS4 version was reported to be published by Sony when in fact it was just going to act as the retail distribution. Ownership of the IP, game and publishing rights have always been in KT's hands.

Sony gaf liked to make it clear that this was a ps4 exclusive whenever that was brought up.

Nezacant

Ok, now I have some questions to people familiar with the game:
How does multiplayer work in this? Is it Souls-like? Can you play the entire game in coop?

So excited for this!

Yes, it's souls-like but one person has to finish a stage before being able to co-op. It was a big controversy when the game was first released because the beta before release on PS4 didn't behave this way.

Wereroku

They fixed that in Patch 1.14 you can now coop freely.

Feels like Nioh just came out and it's too soon for the complete edition.

It's complete in the sense that they finished all of the season pass content.

Durante

That would be a new level of hilarious incompetence.

So I expect nothing less from K-T.

Or maybe, they'll claim that it is like that before release, and then it actually turns out to run at arbitrary resolutions and framerate.

I'm sure someone on GAF will be happy to play with you once they've beat it (again) on PC.
I have no interest in playing with random GAFers (sorry :p). I have a very specific group of people I've played DS1-3 with, and I'd like to play with them the first time through. As I said, that might well be not too hard to realize.

Yeah unfortunately, Ruins the experience somewhat knowing you or you're friend has done the mission first.

In the beta they allowed us to do the missions in co-op straight away, Giving the illusion it was going to be that way in the final game. Turns out it wasn't and one of you has to do the mission first.

I still recommend it somewhat, As you both can do it the Yokai real way for the challenge. But yeah it was gutting they removed it the beta way.
If it already worked like that in the beta, then I have high hopes for the modding community to make it work like that again.

dugdug

Banned
So, not even a full year later and $60 gets you the game and all the DLC?

Feels like a slap in the face, to me. Why am I still buying anything on day one?

Truant

don't underestimate KTs ability to mess up a PC version in all ways possible. Holding out for the 720p30 "Please accept this" news

"We perfectly emulate the power of a normal PS4, therefore you get the authentic 30fps experience."

Aeana

Wow, awesome. I loved the game on PS4, but got sidetracked and didn't even come close to finishing. Too bad the rest of the year is packed for new games, but I'm really glad this is happening.

Top Bottom