• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Yeah, but for every Kane and Lynch there's a CivCity or a PB Winterbottom or a Super Meat Boy or a Flight Control--genuinely good games which sell for very small amounts and attract wide, happy audiences because of this. My hit : miss ratio on blind-buying unknown stuff for cheap has been very good.

If anything, the people who stick to the 5 retail releases they absolutely want are the ones who complain about how "shitty" the sales are. I guarantee you that there will be people this year who complain because they wanted Skyrim for $15-20 and Batman for $5-7.50 and they ignored all the wonderful high quality independent stuff out there. Their loss.

In the defense of those retail releases, I still quite enjoy them. The bombas, smaller releases, and in general ignored ones to the big few. Its great being able to pick them up for 5$ or less. Like I think I may give Dark Void a try this year. I had a lot of hope for it coming out, but the technical problems drove me away. Yet for 2.50$, I'd jump in. I do agree with the waiting for said 5-6 new releases, and bitching when they can't get them for 15$ by now. But I love my bomba titles.

With indie releases, Honestly we should just continue Salsa from last year and update it. . Such a great thread that made me buy an additional 4-5 titles, two I quite enjoyed.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
In the defense of those retail releases, I still quite enjoy them. The bombas, smaller releases, and in general ignored ones to the big few. Its great being able to pick them up for 5$ or less. Like I think I may give Dark Void a try this year. I had a lot of hope for it coming out, but the technical problems drove me away. Yet for 2.50$, I'd jump in.

With indie releases, Honestly we should just continue Salsa from last year and update it. . Such a great thread that made me buy an additional 4-5 titles, two I quite enjoyed.

True, but we cant update it.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=456083

I will lock this thread since MRORANGE has the holiday thread posted. Please use the Community thread |OT| OT to work out the details for posting the 2012 Steam thread when January rolls around. If you guys want to decide amongst yourselves, that's fine. If there are multiple claimants, please work together rather than "dibsing" it.

Enjoy the sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom