• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

RTstDTt.jpg

It's been a great year for Toronto FC. They clinched first place in the league to win the Supporters Shield and are very close to breaking the all time points record for a season.
Here is my brother and I holding up the trophy!

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
If anyone is near Yonge and Gerrard, I heard that the Kaiju restaurant there may be closing down soon due to lack of business. It's a shame too, because the place has really damn good Japanese curry, but gets shafted badly in customer flow because it's unfortunately well hidden in some underground mall/plaza place.

Check it out if you're interested in Japanese curry: http://www.blogto.com/restaurants/kaiju-toronto/

Applied for the Ubisoft Toronto IT Technician position and they're looking at my profile now. Hope it works out
Good luck!

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
If anyone is near Yonge and Gerrard, I heard that the Kaiju restaurant there may be closing down soon due to lack of business. It's a shame too, because the place has really damn good Japanese curry, but gets shafted badly in customer flow because it's unfortunately well hidden in some underground mall/plaza place.

Check it out if you're interested in Japanese curry: http://www.blogto.com/restaurants/kaiju-toronto/

Yeah, Kaiju is great. One of my go to places to grab something quick downtown that's not garbage, or breaking the bank. No surprise that they might be closing though.. the amount of traffic through there.. with the hidden food court, is next to nothing. Hope they open up another location.

jokkir

Kaiju might be closing?! It's the only reaons people go to that foodcourt.

That and the streetwear shop

Edit:

Shit. It is closing :(
rRBmTCD.jpg

Buried beneath a Bed Bath & Beyond at the Shops at Aura. Literally sent to die.

I'll have to hit it up a couple times this/next week in case they disappear forever.

Pizza pizza is the nickel back of pizza joints but their fresco pizzas are ok for cheap pizza cravings for yourself and their onion rings are underrated. As well another side or two. Dipping sauces are legit too.

Qwyjibo

Pizza Pizza is definitely my least favourite pizza chain.

But at $1.50, that's low enough where it starts to taste decent. I grabbed one on my way home from work.

I got two fresh from the oven cheese slices and 2 coke zeros for $3. Can't hate that deal.

Honestly, i had great pizza from the nice Pizza Pizza at Shops at Don Mills.

zroid

Banned
Yeah ended up getting the pizza too, lol

it's bad but I can render it tolerable by smothering it with various seasonings

Quadratic

Anyone still playing Hearthstone? There's an event happening this Saturday hosted by the Toronto HS Guild. Meltdown ESports Bar on College @12pm. Chance to get the new Warlock hero portrait at the fireside gathering.

I'll probably go and check it out and see if it'll be a good meetup location.

gabbo

Well it's pretty universal that Pizza Pizza sucks. Any pizza place recommendations? Fiance and I try to frequent Magic Oven which is close by and has really good gluten free crust.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Well it's pretty universal that Pizza Pizza sucks. Any pizza place recommendations? Fiance and I try to frequent Magic Oven which is close by and has really good gluten free crust.

I like Pizza Gigi (Harbord and Bathurst) and Bitondo's (Clinton and College).

North of Brooklyn (Queen and Bathurst) is okay, if pricey.

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
Gah! I've been scheduled to work on November 4th. Gonna check and see if anyone is willing to swap a shift with me so that I can still make the meetup. :/

Dr.Acula

Banned
Going to The Flop House podcast taping at The Royale tonite -but I can't find out what movie they're discussing :mad:

So lame. I hate listening to people talk about movies I haven't seen.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Hello! Another time to shout out the Discord server, as we're discussing some important community changes there. Please drop by and discuss the future with us, as well are complain about the TTC and argue about over priced burgers. If for whatever reason you can't be bothered with Discord (but it even works in browser!), Direct Message me if you're interested in being involved.

Hello! Another time to shout out the Discord server, as we're discussing some important community changes there. Please drop by and discuss the future with us, as well are complain about the TTC and argue about over priced burgers. If for whatever reason you can't be bothered with Discord (but it even works in browser!), Direct Message me if you're interested in being involved.

Quote to see.

I have no idea what is going on today on GAF. I have been disconnected from the internet for the past 18 hours so just now seeing these threads pop up and catching up on the news. Do people think GAF is getting shut down over this or something?

zroid

Banned
I have no idea what is going on today on GAF. I have been disconnected from the internet for the past 18 hours so just now seeing these threads pop up and catching up on the news. Do people think GAF is getting shut down over this or something?

more like people just don't want to post here anymore

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

more like people just don't want to post here anymore

Yep, what zroid said. We'll have an official statement from the powers that be soon, but multiple moderators stepping down today regarding the upcoming statement.

I encourage those interested in keeping contact to join our Discord. I'll be setting up a few other avenues as contact as well. Feel free to message me on Discord.

This site will likely persist and someone may even carry on to OT5, but there may be a significant loss of contributors to these threads, such as myself. Please consider staying in contact.

Well the fact that apparently STUMP is now gone as mod says a lot. I mean him and bish were always my favorite mods so guess this party is really ending here. I joined the discord and trying to figure out how the heck it all works. Trying to figure out the hashtag business. For the most part people post in the general complaints section? Who creates those hashtags? Only the mod?

Top Bottom