• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2007 edition

btf1980 said:
Just out of curiousity for the people with hundreds and hundreds of games (for some of you, maybe thousands) Did you actually play them all, actively play most of them or are you just collectors? All that clutter around would drive me nuts. Christ!

I always test them when I buy them used, but of course when you have hundreds it's hard to get around and paly through them all. I know I'm not going to beat every game I own, probably not even most.

Anyway...

379098942_32cbaaee8c_b.jpg

Is that one fo the custom white Xbox that were sold in Japan? Did you get your name put on it?

Martoo said:
My PC set up (ignore the two white PCs. They don't even get powered on anymore. My actual PC is the giant black thing on the left). Yeah, that's a life size Chatterer bust. It's cool. Also, note the SX-64 on the right, with network card:
6.jpg
That life-sized Chatterer bust on top of the monitor is cool. Nasty as hell, and probably really disturbing while looking for pl20n late at night, but cool.

Mar

We Are Ninja said:
That life-sized Chatterer bust on top of the monitor is cool. Nasty as hell, and probably really disturbing while looking for pl20n late at night, but cool.

It's great at parties. I usually bring it out and put a novelty hat on his head. Looks amusing in a macabre kind of way. Daring children to go up and kiss him never fails to amuse.

marwan

Banned
I just moved to my new place, so here is my new gaming setup...

Sony 52" 1080p XBR2 Bravia

gamesetup5.jpg

PC sporting Windows Vista Ultimate

gamesetup2.jpg

Sytems

gamesetup.jpg

My super comfy gaming couch :)

gamesetup4.jpg

gamesetup3.jpg

and finally, the view from the window ;)

pool.jpg

EDIT: my game collection is still packed in the moving box, so sorry no pics yet till i set them up.

TFIFF

Banned
Loops said:

Is that the speaker that emulates surround sound but only requires one actual piece of hardware? If so, how do you like it and how much did you buy it for?

I'm seriously considering it because I just don't want to mess with wires.

Variable said:
Anyone who has a Dreamcast in their collection is cool.

From launch, baby :)

I have a second one that I snagged off my cousin. Also a Genesis 2, and 3 more NESes from him.

The Genny 1 doesn't seem to work, I don't know if it's the console or just the AC adapter.

MoxManiac

marwan said:
I just moved to my new place, so here is my new gaming setup...

Sony 52" 1080p XBR2 Bravia

gamesetup5.jpg

PC sporting Windows Vista Ultimate

gamesetup2.jpg

Sytems

gamesetup.jpg

My super comfy gaming couch :)

gamesetup4.jpg

gamesetup3.jpg

and finally, the view from the window ;)

pool.jpg

EDIT: my game collection is still packed in the moving box, so sorry no pics yet till i set them up.

Jesus. Are you a drug dealer or something?

aktham

marwan is an arabic name. Where are you from? I lived in UAE for 4 years and I loved it there (it's like an Arab USA lol)

alistairw

Just so you know, I have the best avatars ever.
Martoo said:
I still can't believe how many games some of you guys own. I honestly didn't think there were that many worth buying.

PROTIP: There's not.

marwan

Banned
Synbios459 said:
How much do you pay for that?

for what? the LCD? approx. $6800 my bro got it for me as a gift when i moved into my new place.

clashfan said:
How's the Bravia? I have been thinking about getting one.

it's absolutely incredible! i went from a CRT 34" HDTV XBR to this and it's a major change. The Bravia has excellent black levels and very fast response rate(8ms)....the colors and brightness will blow you away....and i thought my CRT was special! :)

aktham said:
marwan is an arabic name. Where are you from? I lived in UAE for 4 years and I loved it there (it's like an Arab USA lol)

i'm from the UAE. I love it here too.

marwan

Banned
SnowWolf said:
The XBR2 and 3s are amazing. Save the cash and go for it.

Marwan, are those Bose speakers? Shame shame!

the PC speakers, yes!

they sound excellent for such tiny speakers....why you hatin' on Bose? :(

Zaptruder

Banned
marwan said:
the PC speakers, yes!

they sound excellent for such tiny speakers....why you hatin' on Bose? :(

Except they're not! They're just tiny speakers!

Get a real set of speakers you yuppie goon! :p

Since december '06 I've added the HDTV Sony 55"SXRD, Wii, and the 360

Also the view out my window in rainy San Francisco just a few minutes ago.
DSC04872.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC04875.jpg
[/IMG]

thatbox

Banned

Dorm setups are no fun for anyone :(
Rebranded Sony 21" Trinitron is where the magic happens - Wii and Xbox do component to VGA, PStwo goes into my capture card. The Xbox is great because it emulates most of the systems I had to leave at home! Crappy Logitech speakers and sweet sweet SR60s are the audio options.

Jasoco

Banned
[PA]StormShadow said:
I finished my new console shelf last night and snapped a couple of pictures. The shelf has 3/8" thick aluminum risers with 1/2" thick lexan shelves. All the holes, chamfering and metal finishing were done by hand, and I gave it a nice satin finish.

BTW, I just plopped down my consoles for placeholder -- no wiring until tomorrow. (even *I'm* not that neat).

353628019_e1fd416d27_o.jpg
Geebus, man. I love this. The look of the building. So industrial. Everything in its place. It's the place I can only dream of living in.

That shelving is AWESOME. The steel and exposed bolts and glass.

I can't wait to finally move into my new place so I can take some good pictures. All I have right now is a small 10'x11' room crammed full of shit I don't want and can't get rid of.

Hopefully by the end of March.

Jonsend

Some cam phone pics of mine. Was planning for a PS3 but I don't think I'll get one until the UK price drops.
Edit: There is normally a Cube but I've loaned it to someone.

setup1.jpg

setup2.jpg

Tabris

Here's my current gaming setup. I'll take better pictures at a later time.

leftsideold.jpg

rightsideold.jpg

gamesystems.jpg

collection.jpg

...and yes, I know it's February and I still haven't taken down my Christmas decorations. I'll do it before March.

Rufus

This may sound a little stupid, because WOW, holy family tree, but why on earth did you buy a horizontal stand for you PS2?

Lobster

Banned
Tabris said:

[IMG8]http://www.deusnetwork.com/images/misc/gamesetup/2007/leftside.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG8]http://www.deusnetwork.com/images/misc/gamesetup/2007/rightside.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG8]http://www.deusnetwork.com/images/misc/gamesetup/2007/gamesystems.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG8]http://www.deusnetwork.com/images/misc/gamesetup/2007/collection.jpg[/IMG]

...and yes, I know it's February and I still haven't taken down my Christmas decorations. I'll do it before March.

Very Very Nice set up. Nicest one in this thread IMO. Very clean.

Mar

Leondexter said:

Now that's my idea of a setup. Lots of consoles on display, lots of retro.

It's what I'm aiming for in the future when I have enough space and new shelving.

marwan

Banned
Zaptruder said:
Except they're not! They're just tiny speakers!

Get a real set of speakers you yuppie goon! :p

lol. i love the Bose speakers cuz they are small, AND sounds great :) it's all about style.

marwan

Banned
Tabris said:

leftside.jpg

rightside.jpg

gamesystems.jpg

collection.jpg

nice setup, but seriously get rid of that ugly black couch and get a brighter color.

Jeff-DSA

Ok, here's my (main) setup. I'm going to remove those shelves that are on both sides of the TV and replace them with some nicer ones. My Cube, SNES, NES, Genesis, Dreamcast, Xbox, and Saturn are all in another room connected to an older Samsung CRT HDTV.

This is a Samsung 61" 1080p HDTV. The sound setup is pretty weak, but I just need to start upgrading the speakers. I'm most likely waiting for that until I move. The wife and I are looking at new homes right now...

My game collection and collectibles aren't shown, but I'll get around to showing them later. I have quite a bit of fun swag from reviewing games over the years and I've picked up a nice amount of autographs and neat little gaming knick knacks. Anywho, here's the setup as it currently stands.

Note: The games off to the left are what I'm currently playing.

setup1.jpg

DSC01684.jpg

Top Bottom