• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First pics of Banjo-Threeie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasper

Revelations said:
Your a idiot. Every game rare has put out on the 360 has sold over or close to 1 million units. They have already started making back the money debt that was incurred for them. You sir is Fail.

Wow, you're a real dickhead.

Both Perfect Dark & Kameo sold "ok" because both were launch titles...Viva Pinata was a failure, Conker: Live & Reloaded was a failure, and Grabbed by the Ghoulies was a failure.

So, again, you're a dickhead.

Yoboman

Jocchan said:
It looks like these shots are set in a mechanical world with stuff glued onto metal and gears to make everything look "natural".
A few fabric textures here and there don't make automatically a game a LBP rip-off.
It's not, it just followed the same aesthetics. Nothing particularly wrong with that, but anyone saying "there's no way" they could've been influenced by LBP should probably wake up and smell the coffee

I hope it's nothing like it gameplay-wise though. I want a traditional platformer

Threi

notag
Jasper said:

Both Perfect Dark & Kameo sold "ok" because both were launch titles...Viva Pinata was a failure, Conker: Live & Reloaded was a failure, and Grabbed by the Ghoulies was a failure.

stfu dickhead

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hellraizer said:
Yeah.

And why play anything when you could just do it in real life?.
Can I kill a Bowser irl?

Hellraizer said:
Yeah.

And why play anything when you could just do it in real life?

Go to the army.

Do sports.

Run around and kill people

Steal cars

Do basejumping

Train Karate

Become a criminal

etc. etc.

No more need for games.

Because life isn't shined up for the Cell.

1-1apollo-sweatsa.gif
RAREchomp.jpg
ani_smb3_chainchomp.gif

Jasper said:

so you agree that PDZ and Kameo sold over a million, and Viva sold almost a mil, but somehow you're name calling?

PolyGone said:
why get in such a huff even if it does copy LBP's look? LBP is going to shit all over this game anyway.
Why do we always need a pissing contest? This game definately has me intrigued and this is coming from a guy that has LBP at the top of my most wanted list. Can't we all just get along? BTW this game makes me psyched to see how Naughty Dog is going to handle a next gen Jak for some reason.

dfyb

Banned
gofreak said:
The LBP aesthetic is directly borne out of the mechanics of the game, building stuff, and while there's some 'craftwork' elements in these shots, I don't think that's the overall intention of the design, it seems more general than that. I don't think people should be hopping all over it for that. When I look at both of them, I see different aesthetics, even if there are some occasional similarities, that's what I'm saying.
we had previously gotten big hints that the "blueprints" were a big indicator of the style of gameplay and visuals.

the stitched together grass/dirt road, the rock wallpaper, and swirly trees all strike me as being quite inspired by LBP's visual direction, which also happens to be about creation.

to think microsoft wants a game to compete with the highly anticipated LBP is not a stretch by any means.

Burli

Pringo
Could you twats go and flap your cocks at eachother elsewhere? Some of us want to discuss this game, for christs sake.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
DevilWillcry said:
BTW this game makes me psyched to see how Naughty Dog is going to handle a next gen Jak for some reason.
Holy...

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
DXB-KNIGHT said:

I said this in the beginning of the thread... cmon that's clearly influenced:lol

Anyways once again I'm hopeful about this, hopefully rare gets it right, let's see a change in banjo's design though... PLEASE

Jasper said:

Lol you ass. Viva Pinata sold 1 million units as of last year. ANd I was talking the 360 idiot. Like it or not Rare has already started making good on the investment. Go cry some more.

I cant believe im finally looking at screens of a new Banjo game and they look pretty damn impressive...cant wait to see the game in motion. I'd still play and probably still love this game even if it had N64 quality graphics. This series brings back so many childhood gaming memories.

Jason's Ultimatum said:
Jesus Christ. This thread has started to go downhill. Can't we all appreciate the beautiful and colorful artstyle? This game is going to be full "WIN!".

You mean mentioning PS3 games, posting pictures of them and wondering how PS3 versions of games "might look" now you've seen these pictures isn't appreciating Banjo?

guise

Galaxy bored me, im really hoping BK3 delivers. It certainly looks stunning.

:lol @ the chomp ripoff though. Someone post the Rare school of character design image where it shows googly eyes being shoved on inanimate objects and rare calling them characters

batbeg

DevilWillcry said:
Why do we always need a pissing contest? This game definately has me intrigued and this is coming from a guy that has LBP at the top of my most wanted list. Can't we all just get along? BTW this game makes me psyched to see how Naughty Dog is going to handle a next gen Jak for some reason.

You're a good person.

Seiken said:
Can I kill a Bowser irl?

You? No.

Edit: Gregor what the fuck? As if the thread wasn't already turning to shit.

Wizpig

By the way: i took these pics from an Italian forum and it SEEMS that there was a third photo.
Don't know if this is true, but we'll see.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
The screens themselves look really good. What I really want to know are gameplay details though, hopefully we'll get those soon.

Burli said:
Could you twats go and flap your cocks at eachother elsewhere? Some of us want to discuss this game, for christs sake.
Come on, man. Why can't you just admit it? Call of Duty 5 is going to shit all over this game.

Also, Banjo Threeie is going to fucking rock.

Nolan.

dfyb said:
we had previously gotten big hints that the "blueprints" were a big indicator of the style of gameplay and visuals.

the stitched together grass/dirt road, the rock wallpaper, and swirly trees all strike me as being quite inspired by LBP's visual direction, which also happens to be about creation.

to think microsoft wants a game to compete with the highly anticipated LBP is not a stretch by any means.

I think it's a bit of a stretch to think that Rare would sacrifice their original vision for the game just to throw in ''lbp'' assets to ''compete''.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Yoboman said:
It's not, it just followed the same aesthetics. Nothing particularly wrong with that, but anyone saying "there's no way" they could've been influenced by LBP should probably wake up and smell the coffee

I hope it's nothing like it gameplay-wise though. I want a traditional platformer
It is, just look closely. I don't know/care if LBP did influence them or not, but the meaning of those textures is pretty clear.
I doubt the gameplay will be anything like LBP. Just expect a traditional platformer/action adventure
with motion controls

Burli

Pringo
U K Narayan said:
Come on, man. Why can't you just admit it? Call of Duty 5 is going to shit all over this game.

Also, Banjo Threeie is going to fucking rock.

DAMMIT YOU'RE RIGHT :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom