• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni No Kuni Collector's Edition for EU/NA [failure level well beyond critical mass]

Animekatt

I anticipated this and preordered from GS as well to bridge the gap.

Do you think both game cases will be the same? I'm wondering if the WE will have the "not for resale" notice on the back of the box. I hope not, since I preordered at Game stop as well.

RPGCrazied

The GS preorder is a steel book case with art that won't be on the regular editions. I think the non steel case version is just the logo with the title on it.

Peagles

USA here. Wish I'd ordered one :( My biggest mistake of the generation :p But I don't want to pay EU -> USA shipping costs and all that :/

That Drippy plush would look so cool with my adventure time plushes!

I order from the sister site of these guys all the time. They're good, just send them a note to package it well or it'll come in a jiffy bag. Looks like $127.98 for the game, and 49p to ship. No tracking, but I've not had anything go missing as of yet. Could be a cheapish option for those in the US?

http://www.365games.co.uk/ps3-games/ni-no-kuni-wrath-of-the-white-witch-wizards-edition-game-ps3

Lucent

Im worried I wont be home for the package, and that it will end up stolen :(

As long as they're shipping through UPS (which I would think they are since I got 2-day shipping), if I'm not home, they'll drop it off at the apartment office building.

They really need a better system, though. It's dumb that you can't change shipping address and stuff on their site when the game wasn't coming out for like 6 months anyway.

RPGCrazied

Can't wait! Wonder what the back looks like. Will the game come in this, or will it come with the original box too? Probably not.

271094_bonusLG.jpg

Mature

Hmm. That steel case is a bit nicer than I would have thought. Still considering the Amazon one over this for the familiar.

RPGCrazied

How do you figure?

Trust me. I know how DLC works. :p It will be exclusive for preorders for a week or two, then it'll be DLC. Maybe I'll be wrong this time, but usually this is how it works. Dragons Dogma had some weapons pack preorder bonus on Amazon, which you can now buy them as DLC.

Trust me. I know how DLC works. :p It will be exclusive for preorders for a week or two, then it'll be DLC. Maybe I'll be wrong this time, but usually this is how it works. Dragons Dogma had some weapons pack preorder bonus on Amazon, which you can now buy them as DLC.

That's capcom. not Level 5.

Lucent

Also had a contest for those 100 bonus missions (which ended up being crap) by winning a contest on Facebook. Then they started rolling those out. Rarely do they keep any DLC totally exclusive. Red Dead Reademption's DLC was like that, too.

And not hating on the pre-order familiars, but they don't look like they're amazing enough to be exclusive. I would just think they're a bonus to get you to get the guide or pre-order just to say "thanks".

Does that happen often around you? Most likely a thief will not want to steal your Wizard Edition marked as post from Digital River, they have more expensive things to look for. I'm sure you will be fine.

Generally safe Canadian neighbourhood. Not even a neighnourhood sijce I live next to a fairly busy intersection. Still concerned. Dammit I dropped $110 on this

Eusis

That's capcom. not Level 5.
More importantly, it's always case by case. Sometimes they offer you to buy it, sometimes they hand it out for free, sometimes they never, ever put it up.

... I hope they don't do the latter for Anarchy Reigns, Bayonetta's too good of a character and keeping multiplayer modes pre-order exclusive is a sure fire way to KILL THEM.

Replicant

HiddenAway said:
Delayed to February 1st in Europe and Australia but there will be a free Draggle familiar download from launch day.

Oh cool, so I only have to pay for the US steelbook first on the 22nd. Then I can actually pay for the Wizard edition when I get my salary the week after.

The GS preorder is a steel book case with art that won't be on the regular editions. I think the non steel case version is just the logo with the title on it.

I thought that the GS Steelbook would be a seperate item and that actual game would come packaged as normal. Just like what happened with the ACIII steelbook. Am I wrong?

Cookie18

Has anybody else had their Amazon order delayed? I just got an email saying the game has been delayed until February 4th. I should be at the top of the queue too since I pre-ordered it almost a year ago.

Edit: The email says specifically that the release date "was changed by the supplier".

Dr Dogg

Has anybody else had their Amazon order delayed? I just got an email saying the game has been delayed until February 4th. I should be at the top of the queue too since I pre-ordered it almost a year ago.

Edit: The email says specifically that the release date "was changed by the supplier".

Yeah I got a very apologetic email from them today as well but the estimated arrival date on mine says the 6th of Feb (free delivery). Not too bothered as my backlog is growing and could do with some breathing room. That and they did finally send me my copy of Okami Complete Design Works.

ys45

Is there no way at all to get the wizard edition beside eBay for NA ?

Any online store that might still have it available ?

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Wow, that steelcase is nice... and I don't really even care about steelcases. Makes me wonder why I preordered the Wizard Edition or whatever the hell Namco called it.

jonno394

GAME website has the CE as sold out now, was hoping to walk in to store and pick one up as an impulse buy the launch weekend :/

Lucent

Wow, that steelcase is nice... and I don't really even care about steelcases. Makes me wonder why I preordered the Wizard Edition or whatever the hell Namco called it.

Because awesome book? That's the main grab for pretty much anyone who ordered it (myself included). The steelcase looks nice, but I wouldn't throw away my Wizard Edition for it. It's just a steel game case with some art all over it. If you wanted you could just get both and return the game to Gamestop later. lol

Sushigod7

I decided to bite the bullet and import from EU (I'm in the US) if for some reason it doesn't get filled I'll just buy the reg version and the guide. I couldn't live with myself knowing I missed out on that book.

Because awesome book? That's the main grab for pretty much anyone who ordered it (myself included). The steelcase looks nice, but I wouldn't throw away my Wizard Edition for it. It's just a steel game case with some art all over it. If you wanted you could just get both and return the game to Gamestop later. lol

Exactly.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I wish I'd preordered the Wizard Edition. The steelbook is nice and all but dat book D:

How much do you think the book will end up being on eBay for? It's all I wanted from the Wizard edition.
Well, the English version (wizard version only) will cost more than the Japanese version (excess stock) if you're gonna buy of eBay. It might not be crazily priced due to the content of said book is within the game as an encyclopedia though (note I said might). But sellers know some people would want the book thus higher prices.

Eusis

I really do wish they'd just print and sell it separately. There's no point for that in Japan since you can just get a clearance/used/whatever DS version, but we never got that and Namco Bandai either doesn't want or couldn't get retailers to stock the LE version (kind of understandable, there's been a lot of bulky CEs falling flat and GameStop's not the size of a grocery store to justify stockpiling them), but as a separate book to Amazon and maybe B&N? But I guess even that would be a hard sell to at least B&N, and probably not enough demand even to just Amazon.

Sushigod7

I really do wish they'd just print and sell it separately. There's no point for that in Japan since you can just get a clearance/used/whatever DS version, but we never got that and Namco Bandai either doesn't want or couldn't get retailers to stock the LE version (kind of understandable, there's been a lot of bulky CEs falling flat and GameStop's not the size of a grocery store to justify stockpiling them), but as a separate book to Amazon and maybe B&N? But I guess even that would be a hard sell to at least B&N, and probably not enough demand even to just Amazon.

Yeah selling separate would make sense they could have saved the money on the plush and packaging for the Wizard edition and just sold the book as a limited run guide. Print up 10k of them and call it good. That didn't happen though.

Yuterald

Wait, so did I miss out on ordering the Wizard Edition from GAME? Also, did I read a page(s) back that they were thinking about putting out more Wizard Editions? If this is true, was that for the UK or NA?

Chairhome

I know a lot of people don't put much stock in reviews, but Game Informer gave it a 7. I'll probably keep an eye on reviews. I want this game but if the reviews are around this level I'll hold off for a while. I've got plenty to keep me going for a while, so this might not be a day one for me.

I know a lot of people don't put much stock in reviews, but Game Informer gave it a 7. I'll probably keep an eye on reviews. I want this game but if the reviews are around this level I'll hold off for a while. I've got plenty to keep me going for a while, so this might not be a day one for me.

aren't their reviews based on peoples interest?

Cheska

Is the cover art supposed to be different for the normal edition vs the wizard edition? I'm not sure I'll be able to wait until my Wizard Edition arrives to play the game.

Sushigod7

You should play the demo, watch the offical Youtube videos and judge for yourself.

Where is the review?

Bit the bullet and put an order in on Amazon.de for the Wizard's Edition. A little bummed all the packaging will be in German, but the Book is confirmed to be English and I am gonna wager that the game will have all the English options on it. I found it funny that price with shipping came out to about $101, which blows my mind coming from only importing Japanese stuff in the past. I am kinda glad they pushed it back a week because otherwise I wouldn't have had the money to get it.

brainpann

Bit the bullet and put an order in on Amazon.de for the Wizard's Edition. A little bummed all the packaging will be in German, but the Book is confirmed to be English and I am gonna wager that the game will have all the English options on it. I found it funny that price with shipping came out to about $101, which blows my mind coming from only importing Japanese stuff in the past. I am kinda glad they pushed it back a week because otherwise I wouldn't have had the money to get it.

Wowza! Where are you located that shipping was that much? I am importing my Wizard's Edition from the UK and the total was only 128.00. I used that link that Peagles mentioned. Here it is again if you are interested.

http://www.365games.co.uk/ps3-games/...ition-game-ps3

Top Bottom