• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT7| Please wait for Tien to be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daingurse

I remember hearing about this, it happened out here in Phoenix. Really nice story, and I'm glad the kid made it out okay. DBZ is saving lives bruh. If I'm ever assaulted by bees, I'll try to focus my chi and perform a Super Explosive Wave. Just like Vegeta.

I'm allergic to bees, so I'd die.

But Rose is an eloquent, sinister tone of Goku's English voice just like it works in JP.

It was the Bale Batman voice that was the problem.
I don't think it should be British too much after all it's supposed to be a secret that Zamasu is Black. They should ultimately make it Goku's voice, but with it being far more regal and condescending and not necessarily British.

RocknRola

But Rose is an eloquent, sinister tone of Goku's English voice just like it works in JP.

It was the Bale Batman voice that was the problem.

He can be that without being British though. I feel that's where the disconnect mostly comes from. The accent alone makes it sound like a completely new character, not related at all to Goku.

Zalman

I don't think it should be British too much after all it's supposed to be a secret that Zamasu is Black. They should ultimately make it Goku's voice, but with it being far more regal and condescending and not necessarily British.
That's a good point. If both Zamasu and Black have British accents it's going to be too obvious.

Ennosuke

Piccolo still wanted to conquer Earth by the android saga, which was 1 reincarnation and 1 resurrection after his introduction

I think Freeza is more or less in line with this

Probably I am misinterpreting your sentence, but Piccolo did not want to conquer Earth until the android saga. He gave up on that after meeting Gohan.

Skeeter49

Probably I am misinterpreting your sentence, but Piccolo did not want to conquer Earth until the android saga. He gave up on that after meeting Gohan.
I think he still had plans for it when he was on King Kai's planet.

I think the Garlic Jr. Saga toys around with that side of Piccolo as well. Which isn't right.

Ennosuke

I think the Garlic Jr. Saga toys around with that side of Piccolo as well. Which isn't right.

I am not really sure, probably he still wanted to keep up his image or the writers wanted to drop him a few tough lines, but his actions were definitely the opposite of conquering the world. But even so, after arriving on Namek there were no doubts, that he is one of the good guys. But the turning point was definitely him traing Gohan and saving his live against Nappa.

IMG_0268-768x1024.jpg
Goku Black Figuart before Hit :(

If I'm not mistaken he says something about taking over the world after 17 and 18 rekt everyone, I could be remembering wrong.

isn't that just him making an excuse because he doesn't wanna be seen as a softie now....

Could be, hard to say with Piccolo, he didn't really become super easy to read until after he fused with Kami, I'd say.
He was just acting there, even Krillin just shrugs it off

Ah, fair enough.

His face looks....odd.

It's a prototype, the prototype SSJ3 Goku Figuart also had a weird face, but the final version looks fine.

Ah, good to know. Also, is Hit getting the merchandise love? Feels like I don't see many pics of material about him floating around the web.

He's gotten a key chain and a WCF chibi figure, other than that most of the merch with him is non figure related. It's really weird, he's a popular character and both Toei and Bandai know it, so I don't understand why we haven't seen much of a figure push for him. I want a normal proportioned figure, I don't care if it's articulated or a statue, I just want something.

Daingurse

I'm surprised there hasn't been a good quality Hit figure released yet. I am waiting on the Universe 6 Saiyans to get some merchandise. My shelf always has room for a Saiyan.

Daingurse

It'll happen eventually... We might end up having to wait until the toy line that is made for the west reaches the Champa arc though.

You're probably right, but It's kinda weird though. You can buy figures for the Black arc right now, but the U6 tournament peeps are completely MIA. I've really been wanting a SSJ Cabba and Magetta figure for awhile now too lol.

Oh, a Figuarts Zero SSB Kaio-Ken x10 would be ace as well! I've wanted one since I saw that episode lol. Give me the double aura!

HardRojo

You're probably right, but It's kinda weird though. You can buy figures for the Black arc right now, but the U6 tournament peeps are completely MIA. I've really been wanting a SSJ Cabba and Magetta figure for awhile now too lol.

Oh, a Figuarts Zero SSB Kaio-Ken x10 would be ace as well! I've wanted one since I saw that episode lol. Give me the double aura!
There was a SSBKK figure, but it wasn't a Figuarts Zero IIRC.

Gokario

Bota Magetta figure NOW!

There's a Blue Kaioken figure by Banpresto, although I would love one that look more like this so the hair it's slightly differente and redish skin (there's a WCF that's exactly that).

Daingurse

There was a SSBKK figure, but it wasn't a Figuarts Zero IIRC.

Huh, there is? I'll have to look into that . . . Thanks for the heads up!

Bota Magetta figure NOW!

There's a Blue Kaioken figure by Banpresto, although I would love one that look more like this so the hair it's slightly differente and redish skin (there's a WCF that's exactly that).

Hmm, I don't like this Banpresto too much lol. Thanks for posting the pic though. Guess I'll keep holding out for something by SH Figuarts!

Skeeter49

rereading the buu saga and man, fuck toriyama or his editors for trolling the gohan fans with that ultimate form. He didn't do shit after all that hype.

People really underestimate just how much Gohan is pushed throughout that arc as the main character. Everyone besides Vegeta hypes him up.

So good to have Ultimate Gohan back, after him being completely gone from GT, and Super ignoring that form for 80+ episodes.

Anth0ny

People really underestimate just how much Gohan is pushed throughout that arc as the main character. Everyone besides Vegeta hypes him up.

So good to have Ultimate Gohan back, after him being completely gone from GT, and Super ignoring that form for 80+ episodes.

For the majority of the arc the main theme is "the protector of earth when Goku is out of the picture"

You have Goten, Trunks and Gohan.

and in the end they go fuck all and goku wins lol

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

He spends the majority of that arc training to beat Buu. He pulls the legendary sword from the stone, breaks it, gets the mother of all power-ups, then proceeds to job harder than anyone before him so it can become the Goku and Vegeta show all over again.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
He spends the majority of that arc training to beat Buu. He pulls the legendary sword from the stone, breaks it, gets the mother of all power-ups, then proceeds to job harder than anyone before him so it can become the Goku and Vegeta show all over again.

Worst thing Toriyama ever did alongside Resurrection F.

cordy

Banned

Now that everybody's getting more shine in Super Toriyama can come back around do what he should have done in the first place.

Toriyamas ultimate fake out

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Toriyamas ultimate fake out

It wasn't a fake out, it was bullshit. Even the craziest fake out will be telegraphed to some degree, this was a sharp u-turn for no conceivable reason that undercut literally everything the arc had been building up to until that point.

Rutger

Banned

It's really a shame. That arc has some great moments and ideas, some of the best in the series honestly, but the one thing of tossing aside Gohan so Goku can get another win destroys its overall narrative.

How old are Cabba, Caulifa and Kale? Saiyans remain in their prime much longer so for all we know they can be in their late twenties despite looking like teenagers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom