• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anime Mafia |OT| My Little Scum can't be this cute! ()

Dragonz-senpai, you've prodded a few people and given us some things to think about, but where do you stand?

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=234294929

I still stand by these, for the most part. Kyan-kun has shifted a bit because he has recently posted and I am more interested in Cabot-san because I remember him as a strong player who should be looked out for, and Cewyn-kun is TBD as I have yet to play with him. Am suspicious of Sparks-kun moreso than before.

DAY 1 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Poltergust (2)
squidyj 289
rac 601

No Lynch (2)
Poltergust 119
Nomadic Sparks 351

Palmer_v1 (1)
Dusk Soldier 571

hey_monkey (1)
TheExodu5 344

squidyj (1)
cabot 116 146
SkyOdin 131 528
30yearsofhurt 251 529
Cewyn 596

hatmoza (1)
cabot 347 353
hey_monkey 453

TheExodu5 (1)
cabot 565

Nomadic Sparks (1)
Palmer_v1 352 398
cabot 353 565
ultron87 597

WhereAreMahDragonz (1)
BlackBuzzard 320
30yearsofhurt 529 546

rac (1)
Swamped 204
30yearsofhurt 220 251

Haly (1)
cabot 146 305
Palmer_v1 398

Dusk Soldier (0): cabot 305 347

Kyanrute (0): Dusk Soldier 308 571

30yearsofhurt (0): rac 335 601

cabot (0): Palmer_v1 274 352

No active vote for Day 1: 30yearsofhurt (has previously voted), Bowlie, Haly, hatmoza, Kyanrute, oreomunsta, SkyOdin (has previously voted), StanleyPalmtree, WhereAreMahDragonz, Zubz

Day 1 Postcount: 30yearsofhurt 18, BlackBuzzard 10, Bowlie 11, cabot 60, Cewyn 4, Dusk Soldier 17, Haly 16, hatmoza 0, hey_monkey 47, Kyanrute 9, Nomadic Sparks 21, oreomunsta 19, Palmer_v1 25, Poltergust 36, rac 15, SkyOdin 26, squidyj 29, StanleyPalmtree 10, Swamped 11, TheExodu5 5, ultron87 7, WhereAreMahDragonz 68, Zubz 14

Day 1 ends:
cya_1492894800.png

12 votes for majority

The NoLynch votes are deeply suspicious - but on the other hand, voting to lynch someone you're sure is town helps clear townies faster. So I'll be watching to see if they change their votes.

The NoLynch votes are deeply suspicious - but on the other hand, voting to lynch someone you're sure is town helps clear townies faster. So I'll be watching to see if they change their votes.

I'm at work so I can't dig too deep into those quiet players right now. I'll likely be changing up my vote in roughly 10 hours or so.

Do I have to unvote before I cast a new one? Or can I just jump straight to a new one?

ultron87

I'm not really sure what you mean here. If you're sure someone is town, weird roles outstanding, you shouldn't vote for them. This is the same reason no one should ever give in and let themselves be lynched.

The aversion to voting "no lynch" isn't due to lynching town not being a bad outcome, it's just that it is a necessary thing that has to happen in order to find the scum. Someone's got to die, but each individual townie should defend themselves to the utmost and try their best to get someone with the highest possibility of being scum.

I'm sorry, I wasn't clear - I'm saying that for scum, voting to lynch people who are clearly town, if you can whip up the mob, helps clear them out faster for a scum win. At least, that's been a strategy in non-online games I've played before, and a common one.

lol even if I were tell you the truth, you would still it's think bullshit

continue that line of thinking that I'm scum

unvote: No Lynch

Vote: DRAGONZ

Palmer_v1

My only gut reads on the positive side are Cabot and Ultron. Then there's a huge gulf of no-reads, and a few people that seem scummy. For now though, I'm sticking to Haly, who should know better than to not have a vote active.

rac

Banned
My only gut reads on the positive side are Cabot and Ultron. Then there's a huge gulf of no-reads, and a few people that seem scummy. For now though, I'm sticking to Haly, who should know better than to not have a vote active.

after two ultron posts you posted

11. [m] ultron87 - EST - Really hope you're not scum

do you just not read him well?

Town
[m] cabot - GMT+1 Is trying to get people to give their read lists something i don't expect scum to do cause it will give us more info. I could just be completely wrong and he is playing me like a goddamn fiddle.

Slight Town
[m] oreomunsta - New - MDT Tries to genuinely help with his read list, some fluff but also some decent observations.

[m] Poltergust - New - EST A newbie trying to sacrifice himself its very misguided and doesn't help us please stop doing it.

[m] Palmer_v1 - CST This Corgi seems to be too helpful to be scum.

[m] Bowlie - GMT-3 Town read for shutting down Polter about power roles the less said about them at day 1 the better.

[m] Zubz - EST Made some good points regarding past behaviour of players.

[f] Swamped - EST Earlier posts didn't have much substance but her read list looks solid to me and has some thought put behind it, doesn't feel like she is making stuff up.

[m] Kyanrute - GMT+2 Gave a solid read list don't agree with all of it.

Null
[it] hatmoza - New - Gulf Timezone Cant really give a read on somebody that hasn't
posted.

[m] Cewyn - EST Not enough for me to give any sort of read.
[f] hey_monkey - New - EST A whole bunch of fluff.

[m] TheExodu5 - EST From a previous game he was more active and it got him lynched as Mafia on the first day because he used the term bus. Right now i cant say anything because he is out of town and hasn't been able to post much.

[m] SkyOdin - PDT Im right in the middle with him he flops his vote around like crazy but then he also tries to be helpful at the same time.

[m] Dusk Soldier - EST Seems like a wild card.

[m] StanleyPalmtree - GMT+12 Not enough for me to give a solid read. No list.

Slight Scum
[m] squidyj - MST I still think his cop claim is weird even as just a joke and i do not believe he did it to keep attention away from others.

[m] rac - New - EST Feels like a scum player trying to coast and put in minimal effort to help and make it look he is town.

[m] 30yearsofhurt - New - GMT+10 Wants us to be patient tries to constantly change the
subject to mechanics we don't even know exist in the game.

[m] Haly - EST A whole bunch of fluff feels like scum trying to coast has not given any reads.

[f] WhereAreMahDragonz - MST Explained my reasoning here I don't think the change of behaviour has much to do with her liking anime more.

Scum
[m] Nomadic Sparks - New - CST The no lynch vote just seems weird, time is something we don't have, a no lynch gives us no info.

He had Dragonz on his list then a few posts later he goes oh well ye i can see Dragonz being town or cop so what changed in that short time.

He says that Squidyj is trying to take focus away from Dragonz but outside of anime faces nothing has really indicated that Dragonz is somehow worth protecting.

Alludes to having a power role himself which is often something scum does to survive at least 1 lynching and use their power.

So here it is long post took a lot of time. If you have questions about the list ill be back in an hour or so.

cabot

Yo, BB my friend.

Why is Poltergust sitting in the lean town category, but Nomadic is your hard scum read with the no lynch as your main reason, as Poltergust is also #TeamNoLynch ?

Yo, BB my friend.

Why is Poltergust sitting in the lean town category, but Nomadic is your hard scum read with the no lynch as your main reason, as Poltergust is also #TeamNoLynch ?

Timing, perhaps? I put in my No Lynch vote at the very beginning of the game, and it was later explained to me why that was a bad idea. Nomadic put in his vote quite a while after that.

cabot

Word to the wise , El P. Answering someone else's question for them doesn't help me read that person.

I appreciate your enthusiasm though, dont worry about my shitposts.

wow, what ability do you have, buddy?!

You somehow managed to post on Poltergust's account!

giphy.gif

I'm not allowed to assume things? :<

Actually, Dragonz isn't the only one putting Nomadic over the coals over his vote while ignoring my own. BlackBuzzard just did it, Palmer did it, and even you did it, too.

I mean, I'm not psychic or anything, but I thought I was making a good guess as to why you guys are treating Nomadic in that way.

Vote:WhereAreMahDragonz[/hightlight]

I didn't know about the full name thing.

Like I said, even if I were to straight up tell you the truth, people would think it's a lie. and think it's gambit and lynch me (which you're going to do anyways lol )

:&

cabot

I'm not allowed to assume things? :<

Actually, Dragonz isn't the only one putting Nomadic over the coals over his vote while ignoring my own. BlackBuzzard just did it, Palmer did it, and even you did it, too.

I mean, I'm not psychic or anything, but I thought I was making a good guess as to why you guys are treating Nomadic in that way.

Well initially you sold it to me as a 'well i havent got anyone to vote for yet!'

It has slowly morphed into a hard stance. I still mostly townread your behaviour though.

Palmer_v1

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH fml can't even edit right fml

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't somewhat enjoying your misery over the editing/voting.

Also, just a warning to you, and sort of to others, but this feels like the start of an eventual bandwagon against you. I warn you, because if you're town, you need to do something to convince people of that. Fun part is nearly anything you try to do is ALSO a scum tell to someone.

Warning to others, because if you start voting Nomadic Sparks, without having put any thought into it previously, that shit will look shady as fuck and you will be getting side eye from me if he flips town.

I'm still 50/50 on you myself, but you're at least participating, so I'm looking elsewhere for now.

cabot

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't somewhat enjoying your misery over the editing/voting.

Also, just a warning to you, and sort of to others, but this feels like the start of an eventual bandwagon against you. I warn you, because if you're town, you need to do something to convince people of that. Fun part is nearly anything you try to do is ALSO a scum tell to someone.

Warning to others, because if you start voting Nomadic Sparks, without having put any thought into it previously, that shit will look shady as fuck and you will be getting side eye from me if he flips town.

I'm still 50/50 on you myself, but you're at least participating, so I'm looking elsewhere for now.

Can confirm, ladies and gents, a Palmer side eye is the worst.

Zubz

Banned
why not just let people bandwagon and then side eye?

Because it can easily lead to a foolhardy vote with no relevant discussion, especially in later days where we can accidentally hammer in a majority.

I'll post impressions after work. I was going to regardless, but some of you just made the list.

cabot

Because it can easily lead to a foolhardy vote with no relevant discussion, especially in later days where we can accidentally hammer in a majority.

I'll post impressions after work. I was going to regardless, but some of you just made the list.

Is it more or less dangerous than being on Nomadic's list?

I lean town on you because of some of the things you've said - and the way you've explained - but these aggressive-but-not-too moves I find puzzling. Cabot's response reads as a clear joke - why did you target in the first place?.
He's protesting the existance of a hidden chat way too hard.

His responses don't read overly defensive to you monkey-chan?

Yeah, I think there will be an urge to start bandwagoning as soon as anything is produced that looks like a piece of "evidence," even if it's not. Look how much time and effort we put into squidyj and the Cupids concept (she says, having been a full participant in that, but time is growing short and that shit has to clean up).

Sidenote: I'm sorry if I have seemed fillery. I was told to shitpost! Before the game! Y'all need to make up your minds about what you want from the monkey! (&#8260; &#8260;•&#8260;&#969;&#8260;•&#8260; &#8260;)

I'm in a meeting but this afternoon I'm going to post some impressions, if only to help me organize my thoughts.

I'll elaborate a bit on my Nomadic-kun vote. I couldn't at the time because I was working but now I'm pooping so I've got a second.

His behavior is desperate, all over the place, and his votes for me have no justification. They scream "I'm trying to get an active player lynched but I don't know how to play scum properly so here goes!" His hints as to a possible role are telling, as he is trying to make himself seem useful to the town when I have a hard time believing that is the case.

His no lynch vote, while consistent throughout the day phase, is worrying. Poltergust-kun is the same, but I think Nomadic-kun is more scummy at he moment. I haven't forgotten about him, though.

Nomadic goes "I'm useful to town, but I don't wanna lynch anyone, because it may come back to bite me in the ass." It's standard scum safe play. I don't like it one bit.

Yo, BB my friend.

Feels like Polter is genuine in a misguided way, he could be playing me but i don't feel he is, wanting to know more about power roles is pretty much noobie behaviour.

Nomadic on the other hand is aggressive as hell and saying things like if you lynch me you will regret it. His opinion of Dragonz changed within a few posts for no reason at all from scum list to i can believe she is cop and then back to scum. It just feels fake to me.

cabot

Nomadic goes "I'm useful to town, but I don't wanna lynch anyone, because it may come back to bite me in the ass." It's standard scum safe play. I don't like it one bit.

Yes, but the no lynch vote is not safe play, it's a hard contradiction to the GAFIA meta, something which would have been brought up in a scum chat after getting heat for it.

Just too late by that point? going all in?

Yes, but the no lynch vote is not safe play, it's a hard contradiction to the GAFIA meta, something which would have been brought up in a scum chat after getting heat for it.

Going back on the no lynch would have seemed too convienent for misguided town.

As BB brought up, this may also explain his back and forth regarding me and other players. That you can change without seeming suspicious. It's not uncommon to go back and forth throughout the day. But he still believes in a no lynch, yet votes for me. It's all too convienent. Once he started getting shit he changed his vote.

I agree here.

Nomadic-kun's overall behavior today I feel like scum would have talked him out of it using their chat.

Though he could have gone rogue potentially, and the rise in votes are an attempt to bus him.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Vote: WhereAreMahDragonz

She's posting a lot and is generally active. Helpful to town, yes, lots of poking and prodding but where was the (I admit this is hypocritical of me) vote? Only after a few people give her the side eye does she go for Nomadic, who's in all likelihood a town.

Consider, if he had access to a scum chat would all of them be okay with no lynch? No lynching is notoriously unfavoured among regular players so either the entire team are novices or he's working alone. Pushing no lynch is rarely if ever an actual scum play, even if it is firmly anti-town (two different things, keep in mind). Scum will freely lynch anyone, they don't need to save townies, which is what Nomadic wants to do.

Now that the day phase is half over it's about time to start building a vote and I feel like Nomadic is too easy a target at this point. There's nothing scum likes more than easy targets who'll simply blunder themselves into a mislynch.

cabot

Vote: WhereAreMahDragonz

She's posting a lot and is generally active. Helpful to town, yes, lots of poking and prodding but where was the (I admit this is hypocritical of me) vote? Only after a few people give her the side eye does she go for Nomadic, who's in all likelihood a town.

Consider, if he had access to a scum chat would all of them be okay with no lynch? No lynching is notoriously unfavoured among regular players so either the entire team are novices or he's working alone. Pushing no lynch is rarely if ever an actual scum play, even if it is firmly anti-town (two different things, keep in mind). Scum will freely lynch anyone, they don't need to save townies, which is what Nomadic wants to do.

Now that the day phase is half over it's about time to start building a vote and I feel like Nomadic is too easy a target at this point. There's nothing scum likes more than easy targets who'll simply blunder themselves into a mislynch.

You willing to die on that hill? lynching one of the most active players on Day 1 is a biggie.

Kevyt

I assure you all, me squeaking by without a ton of substance on the first day is entirely within character for me. Gut reads aren't really my forte. This always results in people thinking me fishy. This is my lot.

I don't really like either of the two players currently voting No Lynch, Nomadic Sparks and Poltergust. Poltergust for reasons stated earlier with the suspicious selfishness. Sparks because of the aggressive response to being voted for: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=234315271&postcount=358 There being less than 15 minutes between the vote and the response makes it feel like a super genuine response to being voted for, which makes me think scum since they really don't want to be voted off. Town would be more chill. I can indeed put both of those off to new player jitters, but that's where I'm at.

Vote: Nomadic Sparks

The following paragraph is just possible role grousing and remembrance of game's past. It is fluff.

Hey Ultron-san!

What are your thoughts on Squidyj's early day role claim on day 1? Also on the general feel of the game because...

My initial inclination on the seeing the gender stuff was that'd it be a gender targeting Serial Killer like I was in the ill-fated Werewolf 1 game. In this game I'll just assume it is Death Note themed, because writing down names in anonymous PMs to kill people is too damn flavorful for it not to be that. It could also just be flavor, or be text that's there for tweaked versions of classic roles like a gender specific doctor. It could be all these things!

Oh... ummm, I suppose that's possible for this game.

Lovers talk makes me sad because it makes me think back to being public lovers with scum in Animal Crossing and everyone thought I was the scum but it was totally Franconp. :(

#NeverForget

Though I did like the twist, town was going back and forth on that one.

Top Bottom