• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth |OT| Greed is Good

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Replied to everyone, keys should be gone now if they accept and add me on steam, i got around 10 messages within 30 seconds, was quite mad

21XX

Banned
Console release date, please. Didn't think I'd be a fan of Issac but put a ton of hours into the game last winter when I finally picked it up on PS4.

Tremis

This man does his research.
I'm really tempted to start a new save slot for this one. Anyone else? Not sure if it will stick though.

d00d3n

This is what it is all about. All the other games I just buy to own. This I will actually play tonight. So looking forward to try greed mode.

Oldsql

I'm really tempted to start a new save slot for this one. Anyone else? Not sure if it will stick though.

I´m also starting a new save file because I have my real platinum god on my PS4 version. I just don´t want to wait and will play the PC version instead.

why shouldnt they get rebirth? I dont understand your question

Not that they shouldn't get Rebirth but to me at least it sounds like they should have gotten Afterbirth, few people are likely to buy the predecessor for full price on the same week the sequel launches.

Edit: My bad Wii U and 3DS are getting Afterbirth

Meia

I was so excited when I opened up Steam just now and saw Afterbirth was "installed"

not working yet though :(

Was wondering how this was going to work, and then I look on steam and see Rebirth now has 178/257 achievements completed for me. Lot more left to do now I guess. :D

jotun?

Not that they shouldn't get Rebirth but to me at least it sounds like they should have gotten Afterbirth, few people are likely to buy the predecessor for full price on the same week the sequel launches.

It's an expansion, not a sequel

I need the PS4 version to get a release date... so... badly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been playing BoI:Rebirth obsessively for the last 6 months or so. I need this. :{{

Parshias7

Just looked at the updated achievement list... and so many of them are co-op babies. That kinda sucks.

Oh, and the achievement list spoils the name of the new floor, so be careful if you want to avoid spoilers.

gai_shain

its an expansion its not a seperate game

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I'm about to use the thunderstorm and tornado warning as an excuse to leave work and play this all day instead. That's a responsible adult sort of thing to do right?

Hoping the additions will make it easier for me to get regular Platnum God. Challenges are my worst, beating the game is my strength.

The challenges in rebirth are so terrible. For the most part they're not fun or interesting, and generally just make it so that it takes for god damned ever to kill anything. And the rewards are often awful too.

Parshias7

I'm about to use the thunderstorm and tornado warning as an excuse to leave work and play this all day instead. That's a responsible adult sort of thing to do right?

The challenges in rebirth are so terrible. For the most part they're not fun or interesting, and generally just make it so that it takes for god damned ever to kill anything. And the rewards are often awful too.

And the best way to beat them is to find an item that ignores the point of the challenge. Like all the 'no tears' challenges I cleared by getting Little Brimstone and just using that to fire at things.

Afrodium

Banned
And the best way to beat them is to find an item that ignores the point of the challenge. Like all the 'no tears' challenges I cleared by getting Little Brimstone and just using that to fire at things.

I beat one challenge (I think Suicide King) by finding a dice room and rerolling into a useable build.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

Yeah, I beat the one that gives you Dr Fetus (Which is also so awful in Rebirth) because I got mom's knife early, and the one that gives you tiny planet and soy milk I got real lucky with a 2nd floor Krampus to get lump of coal.

There are so many that take away your tears too. Just sit here and let the flies do damage for half an hour on bosses. Fun game time.

Top Bottom