• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Snowman

We'll talk about those when I can actually do this one.

Yeah, just don't do it all the time to get into a league to the point where you get slaughtered any time you try anything else... Trust me, it's not a good position to be in :)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I was right all along :(

jasonng

Terran: You know what map I miss?

Protoss: ?

Terran: Kulas Ravine, what a great map.

Protoss: Oh yeah, it's one of my favorite maps. Great balanced map! Why did Blizz take one of their better ones out of the map pool?

Zerg:
no-country-for-old-men_tommy-lee-jones_josh-brolin_javier-bardem_91.jpg

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I need to get better at scouting against protoss. I just lost to 2 protoss, one guy cannon rushed me. I was able to survive but I had to lift my base and barracks and start over with my SCV's. I made it last 50 minutes but it still shouldn't have happened. And just now I lost to a guy who built invisible guys. I didn't scout his base properly.

fanboi

Banned
Just came back from christmas smorgosbord...

Jesus Fucking Christ... I think Imma going to give birth to a ultralisk...

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
three people in some pictures.
two people in others.
two person pictures still involve using a mirror.
smh sweden.
smh.

Yoshichan

if i joined you, i'd have taken the pictures for you so you'd have some keepers.
Oh Panda, never change! Promise me that!

Yoshichan

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I need to get better at scouting against protoss. I just lost to 2 protoss, one guy cannon rushed me. I was able to survive but I had to lift my base and barracks and start over with my SCV's. I made it last 50 minutes but it still shouldn't have happened. And just now I lost to a guy who built invisible guys. I didn't scout his base properly.

If you scout Protoss and he has 2 gases taken, he is going a very heavy tech build. This could be a Stargate, super early Robo, or like you encountered, a Dark Templar rush. Bronze protoss probably won't mess with Stargate unless they're massing voidrays or something dumb like that. So just to be safe, if you see 2 gases get a quick missile turret by your ramp.

Regarding the cannon rush; cannon rushing a Terran is stupid for the exact reason you just stated, they just lift off. Just relocate to a new main and go kill them with the 3-rax that you've been practicing.

Edit: Double post oops.

Tashi

If you scout Protoss and he has 2 gases taken, he is going a very heavy tech build. This could be a Stargate, super early Robo, or like you encountered, a Dark Templar rush. Bronze protoss probably won't mess with Stargate unless they're massing voidrays or something dumb like that. So just to be safe, if you see 2 gases get a quick missile turret by your ramp.

Regarding the cannon rush; cannon rushing a Terran is stupid for the exact reason you just stated, they just lift off. Just relocate to a new main and go kill them with the 3-rax that you've been practicing.

Edit: Double post oops.

Cool. And he did have early Robo. Guy was pumping Immortals. The problem again was this guy had Dark Templars and when we converged for an attack. My Bio units got cut up real quick. He killed all of my expansions and I was turtled up in my base with no way to get any more resources. I also fucked up early on when I was building an expansion in my base to fly it away. I turned it into a Planetary but I didn't know you couldn't lift those off so it just sat in my base and did nothing. It was a huge waste of time and potential resources. I probably could have won if I had done that correctly. Oh well, lesson learned I guess.

Yoshichan

Fucking disorientating...

twofold

You don't want to use the build that long though. You will need to start macroing up and learning more long term builds sooner or later.

3 rax with expansion isn't a cheese build. Once you hit Platinum, most of your opponents will be able to survive the initial attack pretty easily. You have to learn to macro up.

It can transition into a ton of mid game builds easily, too.

It's perfect for learning the game and improving your mechanics.

jasonng

Creep also provides the Zerg vision so if you park your army on top of his creep he can see it. That's why it's important to scan for creep tumors and take them out.

Tashi

Wow Infested Terrans are straight up Flood from Halo lol pretty cool

edit: Or were they in SC1?

Keikaku

3 rax with expansion isn't a cheese build. Once you hit Platinum, most of your opponents will be able to survive the initial attack pretty easily. You have to learn to macro up.

It can transition into a ton of mid game builds easily, too.

It's perfect for learning the game and improving your mechanics.
I never said it was a cheese build or that it won't help you learn the game/improve your mechanics.

The 3-rax can transition into a macro game, but it's harder to do so with a 3-Rax than with other builds. If your initial push fails to do any significant damage you don't have a factory, starport or any sort of higher tech.It's not an optimal build to transition out of.

He'll probably want to learn or, at least, be aware of other builds simply because there will be situations in which they're more useful.

Yoshichan

We all know Halo lore came long before SC lore.

Top Bottom