• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Megaman Legends 3 axed; Capcom blames fans/goes insane, [Fans Start Support Group]

Roto13

Sven, on Capcoms forums, said that they wouldn't ignore it when/if it happens. I also heard from one of the heads of the group that Capcom has said elsewhere they would be commenting. I was out of the loop on this whole thing for a while.

Where?

Boney

Banned

shocking

mb

edit: your avatar makes me sad change it plz

no

what if i switched to this

021.jpg

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I thought that was cancelled? Or was that Mega Man Universe... No wait, it was Mega Man Online...

Fricking confusing...

Foffy

Banned
From what I've seen of gameplay of the MMO, it didn't really seem like a real Mega Man game. Perhaps this cancellation was for the best.

In fact, of the last three Mega Man games, I was expecting Mega Man Online to be the first to be canned. Amazing how it's outlived actual Capcom projects.

I do hope Capcom has some 25th anniversary project, but I figure they'll do what Konami did for Castlevania and only mention it with nothing to celebrate.

Beth Cyra

Back to cameos and constant teasing, I guess. Here's hoping for some commissioned artwork—at the very most.

Except now it's going to be for the whole franchise. Classic and X fans don't know what they been missin'!

All I know is that there's a cool new Legends fan-game in the works that should satiate the fans' desires for a while, once it comes out. Tuttle was so cool in MoTB.

Hey at least Trigger wasn't locked away in his own game, that is a shame that only X fans will ever know hahaha......I hate Capcom sometimes.

He'll be even more amazing if I get to voice him! Oh how I wish. The guys creating the game know what they're doing, and I've sent in an application to do level design for the game myself. This could be a great success, though it'll still take a while to make. Communities this motivated to get things done are a real rarity, and the only other one that I can think of right now is the Earthbound community. They've done everything, at this point.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
So... It's not coming back, is it?

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Then why is this thread still going? Why don't we drop all hôpe, and âbandôn ship?

SMT

there was no reason for this thread, other than mourning, after they canceled the game. it wasn't ever going to come back.

Last time I checked this thread the composer was promising a demo, I came back here expecting it to reap fruitions, but eh... Translation error, figures.

**Mourns**

Eusis

Well, this time it's speculation they're reusing the work from MML3 to create this EX Troopers thing. Which... kind of pisses me off: who the fuck is thinking Lost Planet is that much more relevant and viable for this than Mega Man? Not to mention many of us wanted to see the cliffhanger from MML2 resolved, rather than more Lost Planet stuff. Could've just made it a PS3 title too if they were that concerned about not having enough exposure. :/

Which... kind of pisses me off: who the fuck is thinking Lost Planet is that much more relevant and viable for this than Mega Man?

Lost Planet sold 2.8 million, Lost Planet 2 1.5 million. Legends, Legends 2 and Misadventures didn't even sell 1 million between them. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves in terms of relevance and viability.

B.K.

Last time I checked this thread the composer was promising a demo, I came back here expecting it to reap fruitions, but eh... Translation error, figures.

**Mourns**

Do you really think the composer has that much pull with Capcom? He/she was just saying that to get more people to buy the albums.

SMT

Do you really think the composer has that much pull with Capcom? He/she was just saying that to get more people to buy the albums.

No I don't, search my name in this thread. AHAHA, I just thought it was bumped because of a miracle, and not a sadface psychofest.

A lot of things are similar, even the music to a degree. I shant be surprised at this point. They killed Legends 3 to have some LP-related spin-off that doesn't have the appeal of either series of games.

A lot of things are similar, even the music to a degree. I shant be surprised at this point. They killed Legends 3 to have some LP-related spin-off that doesn't have the appeal of either series of games.

I doubt it got killed because of LP.

It's way more likely that they had a bunch of leftover materials and figured they might as well use it for something.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
This goes all the way through... to the other side. So I figure, there's a bloke, somewhere around... New Zealand, standing on a bridge like this one, looking back down at us. All the way down. There's a hole in the world. Feels like we ought to have known.

I doubt it got killed because of LP.

It's way more likely that they had a bunch of leftover materials and figured they might as well use it for something.
Not solely because of LP, anyway, but it was a better alternative for them. That, and we just don't know what the executives are thinking anyway, so it's hard to guess.

Top Bottom