• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Automotive Discussion Thread | OT3 | Playing with our sticks while petting Jaguars!

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
What kind of key do you get with a $1.5M 1500HP Bugatti Chiron?

Click to find out. Only read the spoiler if you can't watch the video at work

https://youtu.be/yDESp4E-qRc

A 15 year old Volkswagen keyfob

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Edit: That's the spare key. Actual key is shown a minute later. :p

The back looks really Toyota/Lexus. Easy to see from the LFA or FT-1 concept

546b2a834854e_-_2014_toyota_ft-1_concept_naiasb-lg.jpg

2014_toyota_ft-1_concept_5_1024x768.jpg

Uurgh the concept looks so much better than everything we've seen so far of the actual new Supra.

Oh I finally bought a FR-S btw, been enjoying driving my first stick in seven years

What kind of key do you get with a $1.5M 1500HP Bugatti Chiron?

Click to find out. Only read the spoiler if you can't watch the video at work

https://youtu.be/yDESp4E-qRc

A 15 year old Volkswagen keyfob

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Edit: That's the spare key. Actual key is shown a minute later. :p

This guy has an amazing life. I guess he goes around and looks at his rich friends' cars.

may god help me i'm actually going to go test drive a 4c and am considering daily driving it

http://www.caranddriver.com/alfa-romeo/4c

I dunno, I guess it depends on the length of your commute. At that price, might as well get a Cayman or Boxster.

edit:

This one is funnier.
http://jalopnik.com/can-you-daily-drive-the-alfa-romeo-4c-1773358713

may god help me i'm actually going to go test drive a 4c and am considering daily driving it

This guy has an amazing life. I guess he goes around and looks at his rich friends' cars.

http://www.caranddriver.com/alfa-romeo/4c

I dunno, I guess it depends on the length of your commute. At that price, might as well get a Cayman or Boxster.

edit:

This one is funnier.
http://jalopnik.com/can-you-daily-drive-the-alfa-romeo-4c-1773358713

Don't listen to anyone else until you drive it yourself! It's a fantastic car. If you're going by Jalopnik articles, why not read the original review?

http://jalopnik.com/the-alfa-romeo-4c-shames-every-other-sports-car-on-the-1701901653

Best car review quote ever? "In a world of all-wheel drive exotics and computerized everything, here is a car that never holds your hand. It doesn’t have to, it’s Italian. It doesn’t give a shit."

It may not be the most practical, it may not be the most comfortable, it may not be the best at anything, but it has a character all of its own and I think it's amazing for that. This is coming from a person who owned and still owns several of the Cayman and Boxsters from various generations. In nearly every review or comparison test, the Porsche Cayman wins out against nearly everything actually. But that doesn't change the fact that the Alfa Romeo 4C is awesome. Go onto the Alfa Romeo 4C forums and you'll see a lot of pride and enthusiasm in the community. It's fantastic.

matmanx1

Uurgh the concept looks so much better than everything we've seen so far of the actual new Supra.

Oh I finally bought a FR-S btw, been enjoying driving my first stick in seven years

Congrats! Save the Manuals! Enjoy the FRS!

Ooh, let us know how it goes. I'm wondering if it is more or less abusive than a mid 2000's Lotus Elise (which Todd from Everyday Driver just bought one and drove it 800 miles from LA back to Utah). I'm thinking it probably has more comfortable seats than the Elise but probably has more noise from the motor. Just a guess though.

Either way, it's the type of car that you buy because you love to drive and want as little electronic interference in that process as possible. And considering the cars looks and carbon fiber tub I actually consider the price almost fair.

plan on modding it? also congrats on the car.

It's already got some tail light condensation so I'll probably switch those out for something aftermarket if the problem is still around when the warranty is gone. Haven't thought about much more beyond maybe new wheels eventually.

Yeah, I dunno about the 4C when you can get a Cayman around the same price. The only problem with them is that the cup holder is shallow and it's 100% a 2 seater. It actually has a decent amount of trunk space and has a compliant enough suspension and noise profile if you leave it out of sport mode. With the 4C and a Lotus you'd damn near be better off just getting a motorcycle.

Akim

Banned
My thoughts on the 4c vs Cayman

My budget is max 50k, which is just about enough for a 4C

The Cayman I would want, I wouldn't be able to get the options I want (2014 S with sport chrono within that budget).

4C is a bit more exotic, which is cool. Don't see too many of them around.

While I agree the Cayman is a much more practical choice, I think the 4C has its moments.

burgerdog

The Cayman I would want, I wouldn't be able to get the options I want (2014 S with sport chrono within that budget).

While I agree the Cayman is a much more practical choice, I think the 4C has its moments.

The 718 Cayman(thanks 4 pot) put a stop to 981 depreciation. I've been looking on Autotrader for the past year or so and before the 718 released the 981C was down to 48-52k with sport chrono, PSE, etc. 718 releases and 981Cs suddenly go up to ~55k-57k. The only reason I didn't pull the trigger when they were down to 50k is because I'm planning to get a house early next year. Booourns.

Seriously, if you get a chance to test drive one or take one for an extended amount of time from a rental service like Turo.com then it's worth it, especially if you're considering the car.

As much as I talked about the 4C in previous posts, I think it can be a compliant car in automatic mode and just driving around on the streets. It won't ever be as quiet as an economy car, but it's not the point of the car.

I can and have ridden motorcycles and I think the 4C is still a fun and amazing car. Would I daily drive one if I could just have one sports car to use daily? I honestly would. It's received way more hand waves and people coming up to talk to me than any Porsche I've ever driven, so if attention is a plus for you then it's definitely a great choice.

I also suggest you go onto the Alfa Romeo 4C forums and check out what people are saying about it as daily drivers and potential problems, etc. Overall, it seems everyone loves it and very few have had problems with them. But it's only been out for a couple years. Already there are many on the forums who have put in over 20,000 miles on it despite only being available for almost 2 years in the US.

The 718 Cayman(thanks 4 pot) put a stop to 981 depreciation. I've been looking on Autotrader for the past year or so and before the 718 released the 981C was down to 48-52k with sport chrono, PSE, etc. 718 releases and 981Cs suddenly go up to ~55k-57k. The only reason I didn't pull the trigger when they were down to 50k is because I'm planning to get a house early next year. Booourns.

While I noticed this, too, I think the bigger problem is just finding the 981 Cayman you want with the options you want. For instance, not a lot of people get Sports Chrono Package as you'd expect. Almost no one gets the Sports Exhaust option even though everyone says they will or people should. Most don't choose the Sports Steering wheel. Many don't even choose the Auto-dim mirrors and Rain Sensors, etc. Even more annoying is that many didn't even choose an upgraded headlights so many are halogen, not HID or xenon, even if car descriptions on websites say so. So you have to be careful about all this stuff when looking online.

burgerdog

While I noticed this, too, I think the bigger problem is just finding the 981 Cayman you want with the options you want. For instance, not a lot of people get Sports Chrono Package as you'd expect. Almost no one gets the Sports Exhaust option even though everyone says they will or people should. Most don't choose the Sports Steering wheel. Many don't even choose the Auto-dim mirrors and Rain Sensors, etc. Even more annoying is that many didn't even choose an upgraded headlights so many are halogen, not HID or xenon, even if car descriptions on websites say so. So you have to be careful about all this stuff when looking online.

Extremely on point. I think the vast majority of the barebone Boxster/Caymans that are up for sale are dealer spec examples with almost zero options to hit a specific price point when they were new. You don't know how many times I've seen a decently specced 981C and then the damn comfort wheel with the shitty paddles rears its ugly head.

Another thing, the 718 is an incredible car that puts up amazing numbers and reviewers have said as much. I almost hate that I prefer the sound of the N/A flat 6 over all the improvements the 718 brings.

Extremely on point. I think the vast majority of the barebone Boxster/Caymans that are up for sale are dealer spec examples with almost zero options to hit a specific price point when they were new. You don't know how many times I've seen a decently specced 981C and then the damn comfort wheel with the shitty paddles rears its ugly head.

Another thing, the 718 is an incredible car that puts up amazing numbers and reviewers have said as much. I almost hate that I prefer the sound of the N/A flat 6 over all the improvements the 718 brings.

Honestly, each car has its virtues. I actually think the 981 base is more fun to drive than the base 718 because of how much more you can rev and toss the car around. The 718 base is extremely quick and I'm constantly going at 90/100 MPH just barely thinking about it. Where I live, there're a lot of police so I'm constantly fearing getting caught even with radar scanners. I had to set a speed limit notice on the dash. I never had to worry about it on the 981 base Cayman since you can hear the engine working harder. But if it's speed you want and the power reserve under your feet, then 718 is just a world away from the 981, there's absolutely no comparison.

As for sound, here's the thing, I looked down on my 718 Cayman as well until I drove the 981 again and I realized how much better the 718 performs. It's actually hard to go back. Which is why I'm currently looking at 981 Cayman with manual shifters instead of PDK.

Another point to consider when thinking of sound. Ignore all the reviews. The 718 may not sound as high pitched and harmonic as the 981/991 Porsche's, there's no way around that and reviewers bitch about the 718 sounds so much that's it's completely overblown. However, I think the 718 has a completely different character altogether. It's much deeper and more aggressive sounding than the 981's exhaust. You can't hear this characteristic on any Youtube videos, I know because I had/have them both.

Since you're considering the Cayman, the sound actually don't impact you as much as it would if you were looking at Boxsters. If you were looking at Boxsters then I'd definitely tell you to consider the 981 over the 718. However, the Cayman actually is quieter and you don't hear the engine's sounds as much, definitely nowhere near as much as a Boxster so the engine sound doesn't impact the Cayman as much.

Also, here's another consideration, the famous flat-6 engine sound people keep raving about? You only hear it once it revs up to about 4-5,000 RPM and above. You rarely go that high in daily driving (at least in the Bay Area or LA), so you rarely hear that sound unless you go to a quiet and empty backroad somewhere. So if you daily drive it in a crowded city like SF, LA, Seattle, New York, Pittsburg or whatever, then you won't hear the 981 engine's famous sound as much.

Just food for thought. Conclusion, 981 engine definitely sounds better than the 718 engine. That doesn't mean the 718 engine sounds terrible though. If you get a chance, definitely drive both. I think Boxster drivers between the 981 and 718 will be hit hardest. Cayman drivers shouldn't take sound into consideration as much since it's so much quieter in the Cayman cabin. The performance of the 718 is a world above the 981, it's not even a close comparison. I think it's the biggest increase in performance between all the Boxster/Cayman generations so far (986, 987, 981, and now the 718).

With all that said, the prices of the 981 are still pretty reasonable for what you get, you won't be disappointed with the car at all. All the comparisons above? Just minor stuff in the overall picture of how these cars are. Nothing else handles like them and you definitely feel that after you drive them a while. I had a friend tell me,"You didn't leave much room for improvement." And I've driven many performance cars from more prestigious brands and more common brands, but I still feel these cars are just masterful at handling on backroads and track.

burgerdog

Honestly, each car has its virtues. I actually think the 981 base is more fun to drive than the base 718 because of how much more you can rev and toss the car around. The 718 base is extremely quick and I'm constantly going at 90/100 MPH just barely thinking about it. Where I live, there're a lot of police so I'm constantly fearing getting caught even with radar scanners. I had to set a speed limit notice on the dash. I never had to worry about it on the 981 base Cayman since you can hear the engine working harder. But if it's speed you want and the power reserve under your feet, then 718 is just a world away from the 981, there's absolutely no comparison.

As for sound, here's the thing, I looked down on my 718 Cayman as well until I drove the 981 again and I realized how much better the 718 performs. It's actually hard to go back. Which is why I'm currently looking at 981 Cayman with manual shifters instead of PDK.

Another point to consider when thinking of sound. Ignore all the reviews. The 718 may not sound as high pitched and harmonic as the 981/991 Porsche's, there's no way around that and reviewers bitch about the 718 sounds so much that's it's completely overblown. However, I think the 718 has a completely different character altogether. It's much deeper and more aggressive sounding than the 981's exhaust. You can't hear this characteristic on any Youtube videos, I know because I had/have them both.

Since you're considering the Cayman, the sound actually don't impact you as much as it would if you were looking at Boxsters. If you were looking at Boxsters then I'd definitely tell you to consider the 981 over the 718. However, the Cayman actually is quieter and you don't hear the engine's sounds as much, definitely nowhere near as much as a Boxster so the engine sound doesn't impact the Cayman as much.

Also, here's another consideration, the famous flat-6 engine sound people keep raving about? You only hear it once it revs up to about 4-5,000 RPM and above. You rarely go that high in daily driving (at least in the Bay Area or LA), so you rarely hear that sound unless you go to a quiet and empty backroad somewhere. So if you daily drive it in a crowded city like SF, LA, Seattle, New York, Pittsburg or whatever, then you won't hear the 981 engine's famous sound as much.

Just food for thought. Conclusion, 981 engine definitely sounds better than the 718 engine. That doesn't mean the 718 engine sounds terrible though. If you get a chance, definitely drive both. I think Boxster drivers between the 981 and 718 will be hit hardest. Cayman drivers shouldn't take sound into consideration as much since it's so much quieter in the Cayman cabin. The performance of the 718 is a world above the 981, it's not even a close comparison. I think it's the biggest increase in performance between all the Boxster/Cayman generations so far (986, 987, 981, and now the 718).

With all that said, the prices of the 981 are still pretty reasonable for what you get, you won't be disappointed with the car at all. All the comparisons above? Just minor stuff in the overall picture of how these cars are. Nothing else handles like them and you definitely feel that after you drive them a while. I had a friend tell me,"You didn't leave much room for improvement." And I've driven many performance cars from more prestigious brands and more common brands, but I still feel these cars are just masterful at handling on backroads and track.

Damn, pretty much dropping the best 981/718 info for those of us on the fence trying to decide which generation to get. Bookmarked. I'm still going to shoot for the 981CS but won't feel bad at all if they keep going up and I have to get a 718 instead.

I live in the valley, super close to the 155 so I would spend a ton of time here hoping to get the revs above 4500+. The pavement is pristine and there's hardly ever other cars driving through. It's just perfect.
155qkkvh.png

TFGB

Color around those deep recesses of the lights would fix them for sure.
It's strange as, in the flesh, the headlights aren't anywhere near as prominent as photos would suggest?

P.s the new Z4 concept pics look very lovely, but the profile has F-Type written all over it!

As a guy with a 2015 981C base, I've never driven anything else that's this tossable, not even close. Even when I brought it home with threaded tires. Now it's got a fresh set of Michelins on it and it's HOLY SHIT territory.

I actually really like the 2.7 v6 as well. It's supper revvy and reminds me of an old school Honda VTec engine, except with a much better exhaust note. I have a stick and it takes some more work to keep the thing hauling ass, but I actually consider that a good thing. No, it's not hyper quick in a straight line and no, I don't care. I'd say it's just fast enough.

Mine's got the sport suspension, sport exhaust and upgraded stereo and it ran me mid 40s. You can find them with the PDK that cheap too but it'll take several months before one appears with the right options. It took about 4 months to find mine.

Unless you're in CA the Porsche is pretty rare as well. Not quite 4C rare but I only see Caymans like once a week here if that and I do a fair bit of wandering around.

ameratsu

Isn't this a problem anytime you are picky about spec? I went though this with a GTI, it took me months of diligent searching to find a properly spec'd example. Even after finding the right car, it still doesn't have absolutely everything I wanted.

Isn't this a problem anytime you are picky about spec? I went though this with a GTI, it took me months of diligent searching to find a properly spec'd example. Even after finding the right car, it still doesn't have absolutely everything I wanted.

This is very much true. But I think Porsche's don't go by packages so many people spec them the way they want and every car is different. For instance, I just wanted a Cayman with safety features for my mom the first time I bought one. It took months to find because apparently Porsche owners favor sport and performance options over parking sensors, lane change assist and back up cameras.

Other cars are bought with tech packages or convenience packages and many people just buy them that way. So it's easier to find other cars if that's how they were first purchased.

matmanx1

As a guy with a 2015 981C base, I've never driven anything else that's this tossable, not even close. Even when I brought it home with threaded tires. Now it's got a fresh set of Michelins on it and it's HOLY SHIT territory.

I actually really like the 2.7 v6 as well. It's supper revvy and reminds me of an old school Honda VTec engine, except with a much better exhaust note. I have a stick and it takes some more work to keep the thing hauling ass, but I actually consider that a good thing. No, it's not hyper quick in a straight line and no, I don't care. I'd say it's just fast enough.

Mine's got the sport suspension, sport exhaust and upgraded stereo and it ran me mid 40s. You can find them with the PDK that cheap too but it'll take several months before one appears with the right options. It took about 4 months to find mine.

Unless you're in CA the Porsche is pretty rare as well. Not quite 4C rare but I only see Caymans like once a week here if that and I do a fair bit of wandering around.

You got a great spec for a 981 Cayman. I had the 2.7 in a base Boxster but did not have sport suspension or sport exhaust and always regretted it. The 2.7 is plenty enough motor for how light the base Boxster and Cayman are in terms of horsepower but it is down on torque and not helped much by the gearing, which is tall in the manual cars.

However, if you keep the revs up you will still be going much faster than is legal and making a great noise while doing it.

matmanx1

You can't go wrong with either of those but if i was shopping in this space I would definitely give the Evora a look also. I actually saw a used Evora 400 on Autotrader the other day for low 70's which is pretty nuts considering it was almost 100 new. Lightly used base and S models can be picked up for much, much less.

v1lla21

So I guess Mercedes is unveiling a car today? Motortrend is livestreaming from pebble beach on instagram right now.
Nvm it was the maybach 6 cabriolet.

Akim

Banned
You can't go wrong with either of those but if i was shopping in this space I would definitely give the Evora a look also. I actually saw a used Evora 400 on Autotrader the other day for low 70's which is pretty nuts considering it was almost 100 new. Lightly used base and S models can be picked up for much, much less.

i cant drive a manual hehehehee

Where I live, there're a lot of police so I'm constantly fearing getting caught even with radar scanners.

What sort of radar detector do you use and how good is it really? Like have you ever actually had it go off, and then you slammed on your brakes, and dodged a ticket as you drove past the cop?

I really envy the Germans sometimes. They have a freeway system with long stretches of no posted speed limits, drivers who are stringently tested before licensing, and cars which allow you casually cruise down said freeway at 120 mph on any given Tuesday. :(

bender

What time is it?
Test drove a 911 Turbo S tonight. The 911 Turbo has always been my dream car. It's probably too much car for me but damn was it fun. Time to beat down my desires.

What sort of radar detector do you use and how good is it really? Like have you ever actually had it go off, and then you slammed on your brakes, and dodged a ticket as you drove past the cop?

I really envy the Germans sometimes. They have a freeway system with long stretches of no posted speed limits, drivers who are stringently tested before licensing, and cars which allow you casually cruise down said freeway at 120 mph on any given Tuesday. :(

I don't remember the exact model, but it's a Cobra Radar. And no, it doesn't always work. It's sensitive sometimes, meaning it goes off but there's no police as far as I can see. It's got to the point where it's just white noise and I stopped caring.

I think it's more effective for me to set up the Speed Limit notifications in the instrument cluster of the cars to let me know when I'm going over 80 mph and again at 90 mph. Kind of annoying when notifications happen, but it's saved me a few times when I could've easily gone much faster without realizing it.

And I totally hear you on the German freeways with no speed limits. If anything, I'd just rather have people get out of the left lane if they're slower and then move back to the left so allow others to pass. But it seems Americans don't care about anyone but themselves, especially on the road.

Test drove a 911 Turbo S tonight. The 911 Turbo has always been my dream car. It's probably too much car for me but damn was it fun. Time to beat down my desires.

I've never driven one of them, not even at the Porsche Experience Center. How was it? It's always nice to have an aspiration vehicle, something to strive towards. I'm about to test drive a Rolls Royce Wraith in the upcoming weeks and I'm super excited to find out if the "magic carpet" or gliding over everything like a cloud reputation for Rolls Royce suspension are true. There's no way I can afford one, maybe not ever, but it's still cool to experience and think about it.

bender

What time is it?
I've never driven one of them, not even at the Porsche Experience Center. How was it? It's always nice to have an aspiration vehicle, something to strive towards. I'm about to test drive a Rolls Royce Wraith in the upcoming weeks and I'm super excited to find out if the "magic carpet" or gliding over everything like a cloud reputation for Rolls Royce suspension are true. There's no way I can afford one, maybe not ever, but it's still cool to experience and think about it.

I've never driven anything close to the performance it delivered. With my non-existent experience in sports vehicles it was hard to fathom how fast it was. The best way I can describe it is that feeling you get after a roller coaster starts its' downward decent after the long climb to the peak of the track. I definitely left my stomach behind a few times and I wasn't close to pushing the car to its' limits. Nothing prepares you for the experience. The previous owner had it performance tuned to add an additional 100 hp. It is an all-around insane vehicle. Taking it out of the sports settings and it drives like a dream. The cabin pick up a little more road noise than I'd like but I drive a 2015 A3 and almost anything is a step up in that area. I'm looking for it as an every day vehicle. It's a white exterior with a tan and brown interior. That color scheme is more luxury than sporty but I prefer white cars because they hide dirt better and absorb way less heat.

I probably will not do it. It would be more practical to pay off my home rather than own a dream car but I can't say I'm not tempted. I may look into renting a similar car for a day at a race track. Hopefully that will get rid of the itch. haha

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I don't remember the exact model, but it's a Cobra Radar. And no, it doesn't always work. It's sensitive sometimes, meaning it goes off but there's no police as far as I can see. It's got to the point where it's just white noise and I stopped caring.

I think it's more effective for me to set up the Speed Limit notifications in the instrument cluster of the cars to let me know when I'm going over 80 mph and again at 90 mph. Kind of annoying when notifications happen, but it's saved me a few times when I could've easily gone much faster without realizing it.

And I totally hear you on the German freeways with no speed limits. If anything, I'd just rather have people get out of the left lane if they're slower and then move back to the left so allow others to pass. But it seems Americans don't care about anyone but themselves, especially on the road.

As far as radar detectors go, I've heard you want either an escort or Valentine 1. I got an escort 9500 because of its filtering, GPS to lock out repeat noise, and sensitivity, and have been extremely happy with the results. Even living in the mountains it seems to pick up cops around hills and in forest quick enough for me to respond. On straights i "see" them like 20-30 seconds before i literally see them. Though in truth, I'm not a heavy speeder, got the radar detector more for peace of mind.

You got a great spec for a 981 Cayman. I had the 2.7 in a base Boxster but did not have sport suspension or sport exhaust and always regretted it. The 2.7 is plenty enough motor for how light the base Boxster and Cayman are in terms of horsepower but it is down on torque and not helped much by the gearing, which is tall in the manual cars.

However, if you keep the revs up you will still be going much faster than is legal and making a great noise while doing it.

Right. If I was going to complain about the power, it'd actually be that the gearing is kind of tall.

When I was shopping for one of these I drove every other sports car you can get in that price range. Out of all of them, the Camaro SS was definitely the fastest. Great car, too. But it just reaffirmed what I already knew, which is that it's more about how the whole package comes together. And at the end of the day unless you're rich as hell the car you get is also (mostly) a daily driver.

Put me in both of them side by side and a base Cayman wins, 100% of the time for me. It's just a much better executed product. And I don't see the extra straight line performance being worth 10-15K for the upgrade to a base 718 or a 981S.

Akim

Banned
So I went to check out the 4C, didn't test drive it though. I fit pretty comfortably inside (6'2 ish) but had to hunch a bit to see out the front window. The car was at the dealership on consignment so I couldn't haggle the price like I wanted. I may put in an offer contingent on a test drive and PPI, but I'm not sure yet.

The other thing that's annoying is I want to get pre approved through my bank for financing but it only lasts for 30 days. Doubt I can find the perfect car in that amount of time, but I also want to be a 100% prepared to make a full offer.

Helped a friend drop off his Alfa Romeo 4C at the Italian Concorso for Monterey Car Week yesterday. Got to walk around before the craziness started.

Never seen a Renault Clio V6 in person before and the Lamborghini Miura is still the most beautiful car ever.

So I went to check out the 4C, didn't test drive it though. I fit pretty comfortably inside (6'2 ish) but had to hunch a bit to see out the front window. The car was at the dealership on consignment so I couldn't haggle the price like I wanted. I may put in an offer contingent on a test drive and PPI, but I'm not sure yet.

The other thing that's annoying is I want to get pre approved through my bank for financing but it only lasts for 30 days. Doubt I can find the perfect car in that amount of time, but I also want to be a 100% prepared to make a full offer.

You're actually really tall so one thing to really consider about the 4C is that if you're over 5'11", it's really difficult to see the tachometer to manually shift. So you either have to lower your head to look at the instrument cluster's tachometer or rely on the sound of the engine to know when to shift. Or simply leave it in automatic mode. I know this because I'm less than 5'11" but my friend was about your height and that's something he had to constantly do while driving during that weekend with the 4C. He had to frequently hunch down to see the tachometer while driving to see when when to shift.

Not a big deal, but it could be a nuisance.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Holy shit @ that Clio V6 and Ferrari P3/4!

Giant Robot: Can I use some of those pics on my Instagram page and credit or tag you (if you have one)?

Akim

Banned
You're actually really tall so one thing to really consider about the 4C is that if you're over 5'11", it's really difficult to see the tachometer to manually shift. So you either have to lower your head to look at the instrument cluster's tachometer or rely on the sound of the engine to know when to shift. Or simply leave it in automatic mode. I know this because I'm less than 5'11" but my friend was about your height and that's something he had to constantly do while driving during that weekend with the 4C. He had to frequently hunch down to see the tachometer while driving to see when when to shift.

Not a big deal, but it could be a nuisance.

It's funny because the guy showing me the car said there would be no way I'd be able to drive it at my size. I told him I'd risk it.

It's funny because the guy showing me the car said there would be no way I'd be able to drive it at my size. I told him I'd risk it.

You can definitely drive it. It's just little annoyances, but it doesn't hamper the overall experience. My friend absolutely loved it so I'm sure you'll like it, too.

Laws00

Apparently there was a Civic Type R event/meet up at the dealership that I bought my Civic from. And fucking Honda Pro Jason flew all the way there..........and I fucking missed due to work :(

Apparently there was a Civic Type R event/meet up at the dealership that I bought my Civic from. And fucking Honda Pro Jason flew all the way there..........and I fucking missed due to work :(

That's unfortunate...I know what the feels like. I think he'd be real fun to meet in person, his videos are great.

Top Bottom