• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OK K.O.! Let's be Heroes |OT| K.O.!

aett

Just watched the six released episodes on Sling with my kids and we really enjoyed them. Lord Boxman is fantastic and Jim Cummings is perfect casting for the role.

Psxphile

DFJWRQyVwAAAXJw.jpg:small

OK K.O.! San Diego Comic-Con details.
Looks like they're going to have a panel and show off some "exclusive content".
Not to mention that "lifesize" replica of Gar's Bodega you can actually go inside for free swag.

And here's a fresh 30-sec ad for the premiere:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMsonBDYZHo

Not much new we haven't already seen, though.

EDIT: Cartoon Network released a new clip online focusing on K.O., showcases new scenes from episodes yet to air:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efSno70GSos

EDIT: Enid too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xauGfp7-ytk

EDIT: here we have Steven Universe's Shelby Rivera giving viewers a tour of the SDCC Gar's Bodega booth:
https://twitter.com/cartoonnetwork/status/888905220071337984
Pretty sure Shelby voices Dendy on the show. Two CN shows to her credit and already typecast as the short nerd girl, oh dear!

EDIT: and here's Rad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M206ieNVH30

EDIT: Mr. Gar's next
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDhYJpLnWAE

Psxphile

This Fanboy Factor article reveals OK K.O.!'s August schedule. Starts off with the first ten episodes airing in bomb format the week of August 1st w/ more airing weekly every Thursday @ 6:30pm:

OK K.O.! Let’s Be Heroes
Series premieres with four back-to-back episodes beginning Tuesday, Aug. 1 immediately following Teen Titans Go!
Beginning Aug. 7, new episodes continue weeknights at 6:30 p.m. (ET/PT) through Thursday, Aug. 24.

• Tuesday, Aug. 1: “Let’s Be Heroes” – When KO tags along with his mom to work, he discovers the convenience store next door is his key to becoming a great hero.
  • Tuesday, Aug. 1: “Let’s Be Friends” – KO wants to become friends with Enid and Rad and get hired at Lakewood Plaza Turbo.
  • Tuesday, Aug. 1: “You’re Everybody’s Sidekick” – KO sets out to prove to Enid that being helpful is rewarding by helping people all around the Lakewood Plaza Turbo.
  • Tuesday, Aug. 1: “We Messed Up” – KO, Rad and Enid accidentally break one of Mr. Gar’s prized possessions!
  • Wednesday, Aug. 2: “Jethro’s All Yours”– K.O. gets his first solo mission!
  • Wednesday, Aug. 2: “You’re Level 100” – When K.O. finally gets a Pow Card, he finds out he’s level 100, instantly making him a celebrity and the idol of everyone.
  • Thursday, Aug. 3 “Sibling Rivalry” – When a new robot, Raymond, defeats the three heroes to steal the sign to Gar’s, KO teams up with Darrell and Shannon to get it back.
  • Thursday, Aug. 3 “I Am Dendy” ­– K.O. helps a strange girl from school, Dendy, get the parts she needs to repair her high tech backpack.
  • Friday, Aug. 4 “Do You Have Any More in the Back?” – Rad is put to the test when a customer needs something from the mysterious back room.
  • Friday, Aug. 4 “My Dad Can Beat Up Your Dad” – When a bully says his dad can beat up KO’s mom, KO gladly accepts the challenge on Carol’s behalf.

Psxphile

Cat's out of the bag, CN is napalming even more episodes every week of August.

Thanks to this post we now have episode titles and schedule for the rest of August: 1 episode a day, Monday through Thursday for 3 weeks. 22 episodes all together!

tumblr_inline_otv14pugak1qahzgv_540.png

Thanks to this post we now have episode titles and schedule for the rest of August: 1 episode a day, Monday through Thursday for 3 weeks. 22 episodes all together!

Is Cartoon Network seriously going to burn through 22 episodes in an entire month? That's almost the entire first season if they're doing 26 episode seasons.

I'd hate it if this is just them airing these episodes and then having OK KO disappear for the next few months. I feel like that's what they did with Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs and the Ben 10 reboot.

OK KO feels like it could be a show with a lot of legs for Cartoon Network, maybe even something on the same level as Gumball. I hope this month of OK KO is their way of pushing the show.

Is Cartoon Network seriously going to burn through 22 episodes in an entire month? That's almost the entire first season if they're doing 26 episode seasons.

I'd hate it if this is just them airing these episodes and then having OK KO disappear for the next few months. I feel like that's what they did with Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs and the Ben 10 reboot.

OK KO feels like it could be a show with a lot of legs for Cartoon Network, maybe even something on the same level as Gumball. I hope this month of OK KO is their way of pushing the show.

CN did that with Ridonculous Race, which has 22 min episodes. Just aired episodes every weekday and finished the season in a month, and because they took a long time to renew the show, production on the next season is barely starting, like, now. Two years later. You really can't understand CN scheduling at all (besides well, MORE TEEN TITANS)

Mind if I update the OP with this new info? I feel bad that you're doing most of the heavy lifting here haha.

Psxphile

Hey Belgian, the OK KO tumblr put up a nice graphic and more schedule info you can use for the OT.

tumblr_otyuuwjbUU1uok5pgo1_1280.jpg

UPDATED PREMIERE INFO DIRECTLY FROM CARTOON NETWORK STUDIOS!

NEW EPISODES
ALL THIS WEEK! INCLUDING FOUR FOUR FOUR (4) EPISODES THAT HAVE NEVER BEEN SEEN BEFORE!

Every night this week DIRECTLY AFTER an all new Teen Titans Go!

Check your local listings!

Catch up on our pre-release app episodes and watch a bunch of new premieres! Meet KO's friend Dendy! Explore the back room of the bodega! Meet an all-new BoxBot! Watch Carol kick some butt! This is gonna be a crazy week!

Heck, it's gonna be a crazy MONTH... ;)

6:10pm, though? I feel if that's really the case (the blog posts emphasizes the episodes will air immediately after TTG!) then anyone relying on DVR for that week are going to be screwed out of the first 5 minutes of each airing.

EDIT: only just noticed the tumblr blog's banner of an overhead shot of Lakewood Plaza Turbo... the fucking plaza has an AIRPORT right on the roof?!?

Psxphile

Tonight's the night.

tumblr_otz0wqvh1n1qlh9h7o1_500.gif

OK KO: Let's Be Heroes premieres tomorrow night! Be sure to catch ”Let's Be Friends" written/boarded by @ryannshannon and me
Parker Simmons

Technically not tomorrow night since it's officially Tuesday as of this post so it's actually tonight tonight.

Also new character videos are up on Youtube:
Carol
Lord Boxman

EDIT: a string of promo artwork for this week's episodes by storyboarder Dave Alegre.

tumblr_ou07g0BBjS1qheiz5o1_1280.png

tumblr_ou07g0BBjS1qheiz5o2_1280.png

tumblr_ou07g0BBjS1qheiz5o3_1280.png

TODAY'S THE DAY!!! OK K.O. IS FINALLY AIRING ON CARTOON NETWORK!!

It's been a long road, but here we are! people can finally watch this weird cartoon that we've been making! I hope you all enjoy watching it, because we all sure enjoyed making it! There are gonna be NEW EPISODES AIRING EVERY DAY until september! That's right, it's a MONTH-LONG BOMB!!!
i've been so excited to make promo images for my (and haewon's) episodes ever since i started working on the show, so.... here are some promo images for all of my episodes airing this week!!

To everyone who will be watching the show, i thank you from the bottom of my heart, in advance. this show means so much to me!
Dave Alegre

EDIT: another from a fellow storyboarder
HEY YOU!! Did you know OK KO is premiering TONIGHT on CN?! Tune in to see "Let's Be Friends" written/boarded by me and @parkerrsimmons !

DGJ_YZZUAAEm7iw.jpg:orig
Ryann Shannon

Psxphile

Today we have brand-spankin' new episodes (finally) airing on CN: Sibling Rivalry and I Am Dendy starting at 6:10pm EST.

Promo images:
tumblr_ou4f56sFnC1qheiz5o2_1280.png

tumblr_ou4f56sFnC1qheiz5o1_1280.png

Today we are introducing TWO NEW CHARACTERS into the show proper! Don’t miss it! I’d say that these two are some of my favorite characters, but honestly everyone on OK KO is my favorite character!!!!!

Tonight!!! 6:10pm!!!

I am Dendy by Geneva Hodgson and Mira Ongchua
Sibling Rivalry by me and Haewon Lee!
Dave Alegre

tumblr_ou4kkgjyAL1qg740fo1_1280.png

two brand new eps with two new characters on ok ko tonight!!!! meet dendy and raymond at 6:10 pm on cartoon network!!!!!
Stevie Borbolla

Mira Ong Chua

Also CN Tumblr just put up a new POW card:
Dendy

These two episodes really highlight how wildly different the show looks depending on the storyboarders. Sibling Rivalry was another parade of WAY off-model animation and out-there facial expressions, just like the storyboarders' previous episode You're Everybody's Sidekick. I think I prefer the more consistent style of I Am Dendy though, but maybe it's because I thought Dendy was a great character.

Either way, I like that the show can go wild with its style, even if it might end up rubbing people the wrong way. It definitely benefits a pure comedy cartoon like this.

Guess what, it's time for CN's regular "let's not follow the schedule" show! Episodes 11-14 are in the wild, now, apparently before Episodes 9 and 10. Oops. Be careful if you don't wanna get spoiled on some gags! (They're a pretty good batch of episodes)

YOU ARE RAD Minor Spoiler:
Crinkly Wrinkly sighting!

-----

On "official" news: CN released a bonus POW Card: Dendy's!

And the OK-KO Tumblr continues releasing some pretty cool stuff, including this promo art for one of tonight's episodes, to join the "My Dad Can Beat Up Your Dad" one from a while back.
tumblr_ou65vrRmNO1qbxscio1_1280.png

CN also released a clip of the episode which you can find here.

Psxphile

tumblr_ou6aloQR8g1uozo91o1_540.png

I knew I saw something there...

CN uploaded a preview clip from "Do You Have Any More In The Back?"

Promo image:
tumblr_ou6avakKej1qlh9h7o1_540.gif

BODEGAMEN!! Make sure to watch OK KO at 6:15 EST tonight for another ep boarded by @ryannshannon and me. I voice Fishdude, Gary and the Mimic in this one!!

Ian and Toby letting me do voices on the show was an absolute dream come true, and a gift I can't ever truly repay!
Parker Simmons

Also, a heads up: seems VOD platforms have uploaded next week's new episodes early:

You Get Me
You Are Rad
Just Be A Pebble
Presenting Joe Cuppa

are currently available online (can confirm on Spectrum TV mobile app).

EDIT: wow, I waited way too long to hit "Post"

Kickz

Just saw first 2 eps and I like it, its cool that main character is young Gohan's voice and the villain is voice of Pete from Goof Troops

vypek

I have to admit I thought the first episodes were mediocre and the next few were kinda shit but I pushed through to the latest that aired in the back half of the week and have been pretty happy with it. I don't care for the animation sometimes. The illustrations have this crayon look to them that seems so odd. But still a decent show for me now.

Really love the Commander Keen reference, the Mario 64 reference and the "Stussy S" that appears every now and then.

Thought that was pretty interesting to mention the lack of a dad

Just saw first 2 eps and I like it, its cool that main character is young Gohan's voice and the villain is voice of Pete from Goof Troops

One of my favorite voices in voice acting. Always seems so comedic to me and very enjoyable.

Manzanas

Neo Member
Just discovered the show. I was really surprised by how much I liked it and by how much I laughed.
I'll definitely be checking out more episodes as they come.

Psxphile

So how come K.O.'s VA is different in some episodes?

The production order of the episodes so far is different from the actual airing and chronological order they're supposed to be in. Those episodes Stephanie Nadolny voiced were made (I guess I should say finished?) earlier than the ones that were voiced by Courtney Taylor. So that would explain why the voice acting flip-flops between them as they air. But I couldn't tell you why there are two voice actresses doing the role.

Holy cow, I know I already talked about the varying art styles, but episodes 13 & 14 (Just Be A Pebble and Presenting Joe Cuppa) look totally different from the rest of the show and each other. The first one has a cleaner digital style and the latter occasionally had a staccato off-model style that reminded me of web cartoons from the 2000s/early 2010s. I wonder if they were produced alongside the previously-released online shorts for the show, which would explain the big differences. The previous 12 episodes at least looked like they were produced together.

Not saying this is bad. In fact, I really, really liked how clean Just Be A Pebble looked and Presenting Joe Cuppa felt very unique with some shockingly fluid fight scenes.

Holy cow, I know I already talked about the varying art styles, but episodes 13 & 14 (Just Be A Pebble and Presenting Joe Cuppa) look totally different from the rest of the show and each other. The first one has a cleaner digital style and the latter occasionally had a staccato off-model style that reminded me of web cartoons from the 2000s/early 2010s. I wonder if they were produced alongside the previously-released online shorts for the show, which would explain the big differences. The previous 12 episodes at least looked like they were produced together.

Not saying this is bad. In fact, I really, really liked how clean Just Be A Pebble looked and Presenting Joe Cuppa felt very unique with some shockingly fluid fight scenes.

This is partly affected by Ian's openly stated belief that so long as you recognise the character, it's 'on-model'. That is to say, a consistent art and animation style is secondary to just letting the animators work as they prefer.

Epcott

Loving this show so far, can't believe it's on every day of the week. I'm a little worried about it's future since it's on "oddball scheduling" CN.

I also can't believe Ian is from the town I grew up in, and based Lakewood Plaza on the diverse community. Yay Columbia, MD! Even crazier is that his past collaborator, Rebecca Sugar, is from my area too... although that should have been a given since SU takes place in "Delmarva".

Makes me wish OK and US existed in the same universe. Please don't mess this up CN.

Psxphile

Can I watch these eps on the Cartoon Network website?

You can but you need an existing (and supported) cable subscription to see anything beyond the first two episodes. Of course, if you already have a cable subscription you probably have access to the episodes on VOD. Otherwise, you'll need to hit up iTunes/GooglePlay/AmazonPrime and buy the episodes.

Psxphile

Next week's episodes are now on VOD and over on CN's site.
Know Your Mom, one of the episodes from next week, is one of the best episodes so far. It's got the most shockingly morbid joke the show has ever done,
lots of backstory for Carol (including the exact same Cowboy-Bebop-inspired flashback from before)
, some genuinely sweet moments, and
an incredible 2000s nu-metal singing/referencing elderly villain.

We're Captured is also a fantastic
Lord Box Man
episode that
introduces two new recurring villains that are almost-guaranteed future fan favorites
and has some fun character interactions.

So far, the show seems to bounce between episodes with loose plots featuring tons of crazy moments (ex.You're Everybody's Sidekick) to more traditional focused episodes (ex. I Am Dendy) that are still funny in their own way. I think I prefer the latter, but they usually don't go as wild with their visual creativity.

Edit: OH MY GOD, spoilers for Know Your Mom, but
Succulentus, the numetal cactus, is voiced by Jonathan Davis, the lead singer of KoRn
. That's utterly amazing.

Know Your Mom and We're Captured are probably the best two episodes of the series so far. (or at least among them). What a one two punch <3
Can't wait for more villain stuff! Professor Venomous and Fink both seem to be great characters.

Psxphile

ZWloJ9s.gif

tumblr_ouqrx9hd2E1qheiz5o1_1280.jpg

Wanna hear more about the MAN, the MYTH, the LEGEND? Wanna hear accounts of his good deeds? Stories of his valor? Tales of how Lakewood Plaza came to be??

Tune in tonight at 6:30pm and find out! Learn all about MR. GAR, in LEGENDS OF MR.GAR!! Storyboarded by me and Haewon Lee!
Dave Alegre

starts in half an hour!

I should probably rewatch We've Got Pests / Legends of Mr. Gar, because while both have cute moments individually I felt they're some of the weakest episodes so far? Not bad, just "eh". Can't put my exact finger on why, though.

We've got Pests:
The ending sequence is FANTASTIC
Legends of Mr. Gar:
And any episode with Crinkly Wrinkly and Skateboard Nerd can't be bad by default.

Top Bottom